CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Outland
MDF DUST
MountainCock
QCB
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
taylorssc
In-state QB talent (968)
Rank the QBs under S (781)
Which loss hurt wors (763)
Ranking the SEC Foot (689)
BA ranks recruiting (512)
Google finally gets (447)
Who start on the d l (376)
lack of production= (376)
Five Upstate High Sc (361)
Why I think we beat (347)
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
A simple defensive line &
Why I think we beat Aubur
Ranking the SEC Football
Five Upstate High School
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Does South Carolina still
So Disappointed With The
lack of production=

Old 05-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Terror Attack In London

Very strange terror attack today in the London area of Woolwich.

Two muslim guys run down a soldier close to his barracks and kill him in the street with knives. They filmed it and were chanting God is Great while by standers walked by.

Two attackers armed with machetes filmed their deadly assault on a man in London, according to Sky sources.

A man is filmed trying to justify a deadly attack on a man thought to be a serving soldier. Warning: Contains distressing images

http://news.sky.com/story/1094380/wo...-terror-attack

A caller to LBC Radio 97.3 describes the moment two people he thought were trying to help an injured man began attacking him with knives. He said one of the attackers asked bus passengers to take photographs of him on their mobile phones

English Defence League supporters have thrown missiles at police in Woolwich after a machete attack that left one man dead.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Rewster
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPit
Default Re: Terror Attack In London

How close? and were these bystanders military? Wtf?
Rewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewster View Post
How close? and were these bystanders military? Wtf?
people were all around. This was really messed up. I don't know a lot right now, but it sounds like they ran the soilder over and went over to him and started hacking him to death while filming it. The cops shot themm when they arrived and both attackers are in hospital, but alive. BTW, i heard about 20 minutes went by after they killed the guy before the cops arrived.

I'll let you know more when I hear it.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

PM David Cameron has officially called it a terror attack.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

They beheaded him.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
Travelin
Household Name

Male

The victim, reportedly a serving soldier, was hacked to death in broad daylight by the two assailants near an army barracks in Woolwich.

The two men were shot and wounded by police shortly after the killing, which was believed to be a politically-motivated Islamist terrorist attack.

Senior Whitehall sources said the two attackers, who are now in hospital, asked passers-by to film them, and they shouted "Allahu Akbar" (Allah is great).

In footage filmed by an onlooker, one of the attackers - wielding a bloodied meat cleaver and speaking with a London accent -says: "We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

The black man, dressed in a grey hooded jacket and black woolly hat, apologises to members of the public who witnessed the horrific scenes before making a number of political statements.

"I apologise that women have had to witness this today, but in our land our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe.

"Remove your government, they don't care about you."

Footage and pictures show a frenzied scene at the junction of John Wilson Street and Artillery Place in Woolwich.

Some images show three men lying in the street, surrounded by discarded weapons and pools of blood.

One witness, identified as James Heneghan, said he and his partner saw two black men attack a young man aged around 20-years-old in a Help for Heroes T-shirt with kitchen knives like he was "a piece of meat".

"They were hacking at this poor guy, literally," he told LBC radio.

"They were hacking at him, chopping him, cutting him.

"They then stood around, waving knives and a gun, asking people nearby to take pictures of them "as if they wanted to be on TV or something".

He said they were running up and down the road, urging people to take pictures.

"In my opinion, they were waiting for the police to arrive to be shot by the police. That's the only thing I can think," Mr Heneghan said.

When armed police arrived 20 minutes later, "the man with the beanie hat, the tall guy, he charged at the police vehicle".

Another witness, Julia Wilders, 51, who lives near the scene, said she also saw one of the assailants run towards police clutching two meat cleavers.

"He ran towards police before they could even get out of the car, and it looked like the other one was going to lift the gun up," she said.

"They walked towards the police car with their weapons and a police lady jumped out and shot them both."

He added: "They (the men) had the gun out and they were walking towards them casually with their arms by their side."I think there was a bit of twitching going on and then it all happened in a flash."
Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
They beheaded him.
That doesn't surprise me. There were knives laying all over the place when I saw it on tv.

Vid of one of the killers after it happened.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-...oolwich-scene/
Old 05-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Can't believe none of the bystanders tried jumped in. You know if that happened here....knives or no knives...somebody would have intervened.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
USCGrad2003
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
USCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming in

Just an appalling, cowardly attack. As a US service member, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of that soldier. I cannot put into words what I hope happens to those two low-life shameful cowards.
USCGrad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Can't believe none of the bystanders tried jumped in. You know if that happened here....knives or no knives...somebody would have intervened.
I can think of one specific reason that there wasn't anything the bystanders could do due to the legality of the matter. I won't say it, but I suppose there's a reason they had to wait for the police for however long to dispatch the assailants.

At any rate, regardless of all that, it is a horrific attack and I hope that they get what they deserve.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #11
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
A cub scout leader confronted terrorists just seconds after they had beheaded a soldier asking them to hand over their weapons and warning them: "It is only you versus many people, you are going to lose."

Mrs Loyau-Kennett was a passenger on a number 53 bus which was travelling past the scene, and jumped off to check the soldier’s pulse.
“Being a cub leader I have my first aid so when I saw this guy on the floor I thought it was an accident then I saw the guy was dead and I could not feel any pulse.
“And then when I went up there was this black guy with a revolver and a kitchen knife, he had what looked like butcher’s tools and he had a little axe, to cut the bones, and two large knives and he said 'move off the body’.
“So I thought 'OK, I don’t know what is going on here’ and he was covered with blood. I thought I had better start talking to him before he starts attacking somebody else. I thought these people usually have a message so I said 'what do you want?’
“I asked him if he did it and he said yes and I said why? And he said because he has killed Muslim people in Muslim countries, he said he was a British soldier and I said really and he said 'I killed him because he killed Muslims and I am fed up with people killing Muslims in Afghanistan they have nothing to do there.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-tonight.html
Old 05-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #12
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

There are some sick ppl in this world. If Islam is such a peaceful religion, why do no leaders of Muslim nations or factions speak out against this kind of unprovoked violence? Just disgusting.

A freaking soldier in his home country gets literally hacked to death in public. The anger coursing through me now is very high.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #13
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
There are some sick ppl in this world. If Islam is such a peaceful religion, why do no leaders of Muslim nations or factions speak out against this kind of unprovoked violence? Just disgusting.

A freaking soldier in his home country gets literally hacked to death in public. The anger coursing through me now is very high.
I'm with you. The condemnation by some Islamist leaders is very suspect when you check up on what they say behind closed doors later on. There are countless examples. It's really a problem that's not going away.

There are good muslims, obviously no one denies that. When the extremists can hide amoungst them easily, there is a big problem however. I don't know how to handle this kind of garbage short of holding whole groups responsible for the actions of a tiny minority. Sad events.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #14
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
people were all around. This was really messed up. I don't know a lot right now, but it sounds like they ran the soilder over and went over to him and started hacking him to death while filming it. The cops shot themm when they arrived and both attackers are in hospital, but alive. BTW, i heard about 20 minutes went by after they killed the guy before the cops arrived.

I'll let you know more when I hear it.
The woman pulling a little grocery buggy obviously had no idea what was happening. She was walking down the street and clueless. Some UK citizens attacked two mosques in response to the attack.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #15
Rewster
Blue Chip

Male

Rewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPit

I hadn't realized there was a gun involved. Don't intervene if there is a gun, unless you have one yourself. And if I'm not mistaken, due to the location of the attack, they don't really get to carry guns around. Hmm.
Rewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #16
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

This is why i want a cwp
Old 05-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #17
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
This is why i want a cwp
That's not gonna help you if you get hit by a car and immediately get hacked to death.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:46 AM   #18
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

London and the whole country is full of Islamic terrorists. Has been for years. Subway bombings. You couldn't pay me to live there.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #19
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
That's not gonna help you if you get hit by a car and immediately get hacked to death.
it wouldn't have help the victim but the attackers wouldn't have been able to hang out asking for videos and pictures to be taken of them for 20 minutes had a passerby been carrying.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #20
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
London and the whole country is full of Islamic terrorists. Has been for years. Subway bombings. You couldn't pay me to live there.
You'll find the same thing is true in America, and most all western countries/ cities.

I live in Scotland and we've had our share of problems here.

I would move back to London if I wasn't already settled where I am with family. I love London, it's a very cool place.

This kind of crap is not going to go away in our lifetime, not our kids or grandkids lifetime. as a matter of fact, i fear in the next 10-20 years this stuff will reach it's boiling point and all of our lives will never remotely be the same again.

ITV News is reporting details of an email it says was sent to air cadets, saying: "No uniforms are to be worn by any military personnel whilst walking out of unit/MoD locations in London and Greater London with effect now until further notice. This includes the carriage of military day sacks."

French commentator Laurent Borredon compares the Woolwich attack to the killings of seven people by Islamist militant gunman Mohamed Merah in Toulouse last year. Writing in Le Monde, Mr Borredon says: "The killing... makes palpable one of the greatest fears of the Western intelligence services - random attacks by terrorists acting on their own or as part of micro-cells - "lone wolves"… Inevitably, the target chosen recalls the case of Merah, who on 11 March 2012 began his killing spree by murdering a soldier, Imad Ibn-Ziaten, in cold blood in Toulouse."