CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
markp_vip
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
snruter amabon
Gyle41386
Acockolypse Now
4gamecockfb
Lalli25
Thenardier
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (690)
Hope Springs Eternal (628)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
Byron the bunny...fe (439)
The #AskEmmert Q& (361)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
How to cut the musta (313)
Shameless self promo (239)
One thing I was glad (120)
Peach Bowl name retu (26)
2015 - Rashard Causey
Season Rankings Thread...
Victor Hampton Arrested
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Larenz Bryant update?
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)

Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material
Default Texas A&M

I listen to a lot of talk and have read a lot recently about Texas A&M and how they took the SEC by storm and everyone should be on the look out for them.

Question is do you think the success TAMU had last season will be sustainable 3 years from now, or do you expect them to become an 8-4 team within the next 3 years?

I'm on the fence. One one hand I would like to see someone other than LSU or Alabama to be atop the West, but on the other hand I dont know that TAMU will be that team. I dont expect Manziel to have a repeat performance and a lot of their success was because of him. Seems good defense usually wins out, does anyone know how their D ranked? Or even in the Big 12, how it ranked?
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Texas A&M

Their success has a lot to do with the senior OL and other positions led by older guys. They will not be as good as last year. They will beat up weak defenses but will still get held down by Florida, LSU and Bama, just like they did last year.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

The majority of their offensive line returns and it is anchored by Jake Matthews who moves to LT.
He would have been a top 10-15 pick this year and will compete with Lewan this year for the best LT in the nation (probably a top 5-10 pick in 2014)

I think they'll be a 10 win team this year, and on paper they've gotten good recruits, lets see if they turn out.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

They are the team I thought we'd be when Spur first got here. They are taking everybody by storm, and are having a monster recruiting class, two years in a row.
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

A&M will be a force for years to come. They recruit out of Texas, have $$ for days, nice facilities, good fan base, SEC brand to now pimp. They will be a big boy in the SEC in a few years time.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
A&M will be a force for years to come. They recruit out of Texas, have $$ for days, nice facilities, good fan base, SEC brand to now pimp. They will be a big boy in the SEC in a few years time.
This

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
( CAROLINA )
Recruit

Male

( CAROLINA ) has hatched from the shell

I think A&M will be at the top for awhile. I could see them becoming just like LSU, and Bama. They'll be in the title hunt year in, and year out.
( CAROLINA ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Yet another reason to dump traditional cross division rivals. Suck it Alabama.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Huh?

#LukeForMod

Old 05-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #10
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

They might have hired the right coach. It seems like it is all about that. Bama sucks with Shula and A&M sucked with Sherman. 1 year doesn't make a trend though. I can guarantee you we will hear predictions of their greatness every season.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Texas A&M is a force and will remain highly successful for years to come. University with a TON of "old" money, mixed with new SEC money, and Texas recruiting is a recipe for long term success.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yeah this makes no sense.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #13
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Quote:
If you don't want traditional cross division rivals, you should withdraw from the SEC. The entire conference is full of rivalries, and that's what makes every weekend so compelling.
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
St. Louis Gamecock
Walk On

Male

St. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spurs

Of all the teams in the West, Bama is still my favorite.
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

TAM schedule:

Rice- W
Sam Houston St- W
Alabama- L
SMU- W
Arkansas- W
Ole Miss- W
Auburn- W
Vandy- W
UTEP- W
Miss St- W
LSU- L
Missouri- W

10-2. 2nd place in West behind Alabama.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

You guys obviously haven't been paying attention to the discussions that will take place in Destin, FL next week. If you had, then my comment in regards to TA&M and Alabama make sense.

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/05/2...permanent.html

Edit: That article doesn't do the best job of explaining it, but it was the first one I found....

Try this one.
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...e-sec-schedule

This topic has HUGE ramifications for both the league and any aspirations we might have for the National Championship.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #17
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
TAM schedule:

Rice- W
Sam Houston St- W
Alabama- L
SMU- W
Arkansas- W
Ole Miss- W
Auburn- W
Vandy- W
UTEP- W
Miss St- W
LSU- L
Missouri- W

10-2. 2nd place in West behind Alabama.
dude, they will demolish LSU this year.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
gamecocky17
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 340
gamecocky17 is learning to peckgamecocky17 is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post

+1 And they WILL be racking up even more in Texas now with the Longhorns program sliding the way has been/continues too. Would be shocked if this wasn't the last year for MB
gamecocky17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #19
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

SEC should have permanent rivals.

#LukeForMod

Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #20
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
dude, they will demolish LSU this year.
No way this year they are playing at LSU. They haven't played a night game at one of the major venues like Death Valley. LSU, without any offensive help, kept them from doing much all game and won at A&M.