CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (862)
Call of Duty: Advanc (539)
Good Riddance to bad (474)
Keeping tailgate foo (326)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (297)
Bashing Players, coa (237)
The Comeback & T (226)
An A to Z of Noah We (216)
Wallpaper & Back (114)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (103)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 05-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default Champions League Final

Both teams are good, they both attack.

Im pulling for Dortmund because I always pull for the underdog when my team is not on it.

I do think Bayern has the better team but you never know.

I am hoping for a great game.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
IslandCock
Go! Fight! Win! Kick ASS!

Male

CockyCash: 13701490
IslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudly
Default Re: Champions League Final

Feel the same. Bayern better squad but rooting for Dortmund to finish their run.

2-1.
IslandCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCock View Post
Feel the same. Bayern better squad but rooting for Dortmund to finish their run.

2-1.
Robben is prob the biggest choker of all time after Messi and Lebron.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
IslandCock

Male

IslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudly

Agreed he had a bad finishing half - and was too selfish on one opportunity - but I wouldn't qualify any of those athletes as chokers. And give both goalies some credit, solid play.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCock View Post
Agreed he had a bad finishing half - and was too selfish on one opportunity - but I wouldn't qualify any of those athletes as chokers. And give both goalies some credit, solid play.
Robben could have been a world champion and a european champion already, but he chokes big time.

I guess being a champion isnt for everybody.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
IslandCock

Male

Teams win championships in team sports.

Nice assist by Robben.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

CockyCash: 500
Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Robben looked pretty good right there. Also, Lebron scored the game winning goal a few nights ago and had 36 points last night (including 10 down the final stretch). He did have the two turnovers, but he was also the reason Miami even had a chance.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

The German league is the best in the world right now, hands down, La Liga is second.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

The Prem is a better league than La Liga, if depth has anything to do with it.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

When English teams play spaniards they play like wussies, with 11 defenders and hope for a lucky rebound.

the english league is third, tie with the Italian.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
IslandCock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
The Prem is a better league than La Liga, if depth has anything to do with it.
This. La Liga is top heavy, and by that, top two.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

The 6th best English team last year won Champions League. EPL has 7 really strong teams, compared to maybe 3 in La Liga. The league has more parity and just as many first-class players, which makes it a more interesting league to follow. And, the style of play is certainly not wussy-like. Much more physical. I hear what you're saying about the defensive strategy, but that was mostly Chelsea last year, a team that had to play that way to have a chance given injuries and matchup.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #13
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
Robben is prob the biggest choker of all time after Messi and Lebron.
Jim Kelly is a bigger choker than all 3.

Oh and Gus Johnson is out of his element

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #14
IslandCock

Male

Not thrilled as rooting for Dortmund, but Robben just choked a ball into the net :)
Old 05-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #15
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Robben was ready to become the greatest player in the history of the game that never won a championship but he finally did it.

This was one of the best Champions League games ever.

Congrats to the Champs, they deserve it, Dortmund, what a Cinderella story.

I guess the kings of Choking are still Lebron and Messi by miles.

Hollar when English teams actually attack against Spanish teams and dont just go into the games with 11 defenders, till then, they will compete with the Italians for 3rd place.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Jim Kelly is a bigger choker than all 3.
Jim Kelly wasn't the reason Buffalo lost those super bowls (and was injured early in the third one). He didn't play perfectly, but it makes more sense to blame others before Kelly. Dallas was just a better team, and we couldn't stop Emmit Smith. We should've beaten the Giants and Redskins, but Giants played possession football, and Redskins jumped out to an early lead that we couldn't quite overcome. I would actually characterize Kelly as a generally good clutch player. I would take him above anyone with 2-minutes remaining and needing a TD. Sorry, I'm a Bills fan and may get hysterically defensive when this topic comes up.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #17
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Robben looked pretty good right there. Also, Lebron scored the game winning goal a few nights ago and had 36 points last night (including 10 down the final stretch). He did have the two turnovers, but he was also the reason Miami even had a chance.
the final shot on a world championship game, they will not pass the ball to Lebron.

He will choke.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #18
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Jim Kelly wasn't the reason Buffalo lost those super bowls (and was injured early in the third one). He didn't play perfectly, but it makes more sense to blame others before Kelly. Dallas was just a better team, and we couldn't stop Emmit Smith. We should've beaten the Giants and Redskins, but Giants played possession football, and Redskins jumped out to an early lead that we couldn't quite overcome. I would actually characterize Kelly as a generally good clutch player. I would take him above anyone with 2-minutes remaining and needing a TD. Sorry, I'm a Bills fan and may get hysterically defensive when this topic comes up.
He still is the QB and lost them.
That's pretty much all that matters and how he's perceived.
Although when you look at it you're right but no one looks into it that closely.

There are a bunch of guys that are bigger chokers than Lebron and Messi.
Alex Ovechkin and A-Rod are two more.

#LukeForMod

Old 05-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
the final shot on a world championship game, they will not pass the ball to Lebron.

He will choke.
Guess you didn't watch last years playoffs.

I agree he's not the most clutch in his career, but these past two years he's taken over the team and has been the main guy to take game winning shots and make them.

#LukeForMod

Old 05-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
We should've beaten the Giants and Redskins
wait, what? that redskins team didnt have the hall of fame triplets, but they were probably every bit as good as the cowboys team that smacked the bills around the next season. they were up 37-10 in the 4th quarter. the 1st and the 4th super bowls were the bills best chances. 1st one they were the better team and the 4th one they led at halftime.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote