CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ReadR00ster
Gamecocks1137
PageUSC
A. Pilgrim
uscsandstorm85
kingofnerf
taylorssc
Spurticus
MrED
How do you want Aubu (2259)
If the Head Ball Coa (1545)
Does South Carolina (1141)
Tennessee Game Time (558)
Rest of the season p (557)
Incoming Class (519)
Lorenzo Nunez (484)
Tennessee kickoff an (442)
Peyton Manning break (343)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (293)
Does South Carolina still
NFL: TEXANS @ STEELERS Mo
2016 - Issac Nauta
Incoming Class
To ANYONE complaining abo
Lorenzo Nunez
How do you want Auburn to
we can STILL win the east
CBS: SOS to Florida?
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 05-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Early Bowl Projections

I know it's only May, but I still found this...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ls/predictions

If we do end up in the CFA, that would be extremely disappointing. Nothing bad against the Chick Fil A, it's a great bowl to go to, but with the talent we have this year, and all the momentum going on right now, it would be rather disappointing.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: Early Bowl Projections

sick of the small bowls

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Still early, and like the OP said, no knock on the CFA bowl, but I think that would be disappointing. The only way it maybe wouldn't be is if we went 11-1, lost in the SECCG and the Sugar Bowl took an 11-1 A&M team who did not play in the SECCG. I would think we wouldn't fall further than the Capital One Bowl if that was the case, however.

That's hypothetical, of course. I'm obviously REALLY hoping for at least a BCS bowl this year. Any other year I wouldn't mind the CFA bowl.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Barring injuries, we should do better than the cfa bowl.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Anything less than an at large BCS bid isn't acceptable.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

With what we have, I don't expect anything less than Cotton or Capital One.

Hoping for Sugar. REALLY hoping for the Nat Champ, however, the brain is telling the heart no.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #7
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Oh joy...an other Outback bowl
Old 05-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

It's stupid to put something out like this. As we have just seen with Golson at ND, good players can still be kicked off the team.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Anything less than an at large BCS bid isn't acceptable.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I'd stop short of calling anything less than a BCS bowl a disappointment, particularly in this conference, but like I said in a previous post, it depends on what kind of CFA bowl year we have. I definitely think a 9-3 type of year and the CFA bowl will be a disappointment.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

That prediction is predicated on us losing to both Georgia and Florida. Wont happen. As was noted by others it is incredibly stupid to blow something like this out your ass before the advent of even summer camp.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #12
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

The only way I could maybe see us in the CFA if we are put in LSU's position last year. There were like 4 or 5 10-2 teams in the SEC. Someone had to get the short end of the stick and go to CFA.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #13
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I just bought the Athlon CFB magazine which ranks us 5th in the nation yet predicts us to go to the CFA bowl and finish second in the East to UGA. I believe Clowney and company thinks otherwise.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Sounds like we go ourselves some doubters.

But that makes winning ever sweeter
Old 05-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

As big of an SEC fan that I am, I'm personally sick of Bama being in the title game.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #16
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

BCS bowl or bust in my opinion. Hopefully we can put together something like Arkansas did a few years back playing Ohio State in the sugar bowl. Better yet a chance to play in the national title. It feels kind of odd saying that, but to know we were literally 1 game away the last 2 years kind of puts things in better perspective. We were also a game or two from having 3 or 4 losses too though but that's how it goes. Good teams win the close ones.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #17
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

My how times have changed. I remember when just getting to a bowl was our goal.

But I have to admit, I think this year we win the East at least.
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
My how times have changed. I remember when just getting to a bowl was our goal.

But I have to admit, I think this year we win the East at least.
I have to agree. Times have changed thanks to Coach Spurrier. He has put South Carolina football on the map.

I used to HATE being in the SEC, getting beat by every other team in our conference praying we win 6 to 7 games and become bowl eligible.

Now if we don't win at least 9 games, the season is considered garbage.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #19
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I have to agree. Times have changed thanks to Coach Spurrier. He has put South Carolina football on the map.

I used to HATE being in the SEC, getting beat by every other team in our conference praying we win 6 to 7 games and become bowl eligible.

Now if we don't win at least 9 games, the season is considered garbage.

We win big this year. We win the East and go to the SECCG. The rest is a crapshoot.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #20
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

for the last god only knows how long...this is what the early bowl predictions read:

"UGA and FL will probably finish ahead of SC, hence an invite to the Outback or ChicFila for SC." This is standard stuff from the media. There is nothing to base this on other than history. These are worthless predictions.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote