CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecock88
kevhugh
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Cocked & Locked
ccured
FanofCarolina1
FeloniousCock
**USC vs. South Alab (14683)
TV?? (1684)
Fly_over tomorrow? (919)
Awful Shooting Conti (762)
Scholarship Lounge B (693)
Gamecock Men Have Be (635)
This holiday season (229)
Prayers needed!!! (219)
Frank Martin (213)
How about this scena (163)
Melvin Gordon - sets all
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Clemson
FishFry 47-yarder
Drew Owens missing?
Na'ty Rogers
Question about after the
Huge recruiting weekend
2014-15 Premier League se
2014 Charleston Classic *

Old 05-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Sriracha/hot sauce sale today only

30% off at World Market. I have a certificate for a free bag of coffee that I need to use anyway so I'll be stocking up. http://www.worldmarket.com/category/code/103364.do?.

Maybe I wil make some of these with it: Sriracha Honey Chicken Wings http://www.thesweetandsourchronicles...chicken-wings/

Order Of The Spur

Last edited by The Yancey; 05-30-2013 at 07:35 AM.
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Jim Lahey
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Siracha/hot sauce sale today only

Siracha is the best condiment on the whole damn planet
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

light mayo, siracha, thai sweet chili sauce + shrimp...bang bang
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Bang Bang shrimp are good good!

Order Of The Spur
Old 05-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

I gotta investigate this Sriracha honey chicken wings business.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Bang Bang shrimp are good good!

we LOVE them...I am glad I learned to make a similar version at home!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

CockyCash: 200
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

Somebody call me?

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Wife made Pad Thai last night and left the Sriracha out on the counter. Didn't know what it was, but it looked good. Let's just say I had to pair my Pad Thai with a half gallon of milk.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
light mayo, siracha, thai sweet chili sauce + shrimp...bang bang
That is what I use to make it for my wife. Bread the shrimp in corn starch and fry it up. The corn starch gives it a nice light crunch.

The base for the sauce I use is:

1/2 cup of light mayo

1/4 cup of thai sweet chili sauce

5-7 drops of Sriracha
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
That is what I use to make it for my wife. Bread the shrimp in corn starch and fry it up. The corn starch gives it a nice light crunch.

The base for the sauce I use is:

1/2 cup of light mayo

1/4 cup of thai sweet chili sauce

5-7 drops of Sriracha
our recipes are very similar! It come out great and I cut some scallions and toss them in at the end.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Yogi, that sounds just like Bonefish Grill's recipe: http://restaurant.food.com/recipe/ba...h-grill-187731

Order Of The Spur
Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

I think that might be the web site that it came from. When I was trying to make them the first time I checked several different places and they pretty much all said close to the same thing. Some said to add some peanut butter, but I didn't try that. Last time I cooked it I didn't quite do the 1/2 cup of mayo and added a little bit more thai sweet chili sauce and it seemed better.

I usually will chill the sauce for at least 30 minutes in the fridge so the flavors have time to mix together. Make sure that the shrimp has drained and cooled enough or the breading will fall off if you try to coat them too soon.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #13
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

1 TBSP siracha, 1 TBSP mayo (light or regular), splash of lemon juice, splash of toasted sesame oil....spicy mayo for Sushi

Made it a few weeks back when we were making sushi, first taste cleared out my sinuses.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #14
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

It's refreshing to see no posts bragging about how Sriracha is not spicy to them.

My favorite use is Sriracha (the seed version) and honey mixed in with my ground beef before grilling. No one is expecting that kick, then BAM! to the face. Tough guys are sitting there looking around to see if anyone else thinks it's too hot, then they're like, "Nah man it's perfect..." as they chug the crap out of their beer after every bite, LOL.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #15
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

i love to put siracha on a gyro
Old 05-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #16
CockRugger
Hardest Cock Around

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPit

At the risk of becoming massively unpopular, I'll come out and say it. Sriracha is wildly overrated and dramatically overused.

I'm not saying it isn't a good hot sauce. It will surely stand the test of time, but it will never displace any of the other greats. But that is fine; every hot sauce has its place, its own niche to fill, and there could never be one end-all be-all. The practice of putting Sriracha on everything is nothing but a fad and just smacks of an oblivious, sophomoric palate- the nouveau épicée, if I may.
CockRugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #17
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockRugger View Post
Sriracha is wildly overrated and dramatically overused.
Thanks, mate. I was concerned that I had lost my ability to cringe.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
At the risk of becoming massively unpopular, I'll come out and say it. Sriracha is wildly overrated and dramatically overused.

I'm not saying it isn't a good hot sauce. It will surely stand the test of time, but it will never displace any of the other greats. But that is fine; every hot sauce has its place, its own niche to fill, and there could never be one end-all be-all. The practice of putting Sriracha on everything is nothing but a fad and just smacks of an oblivious, sophomoric palate- the nouveau épicée, if I may.
Can you list "the other greats"?
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #19
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:

not sure if serious, or has gone "full retard"...

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #20
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
Can you list "the other greats"?
SONTAVA HABANERO XXX HOT SAUCE

Iguana XXX Pretty Damn Hot Habanero Pepper Sauce

Marie Sharp's Fiery Hot Red Habanero Sauce

Trinidad Habanero Hot Sauce

Xtreme Hot Sauce

Marie Sharp's Hot Habanero Pepper Sauce

Melinda's Red Savina Hot Sauce

Melinda's Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce