CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
gamecockgal
Regalcock
catdaddy66
M.C.
Jwilson
purebredcock
mpilot0705
kabercr2
**USC vs. South Alab (18144)
Drew Owens missing? (2131)
Clemson (2008)
Question about after (1469)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1148)
Shaq Roland (1059)
Awful Shooting Conti (1022)
Gamecock Men Have Be (901)
FishFry 47-yarder (640)
How about this scena (494)
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Big George Statue
clemson game time: Noon o
what I think ab ward
Clemson
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Tenn-Mizzou game
Predict nonconference win
Winston

Old 05-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default Believe it or not, washing a car with university water can be an NCAA violation

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...201607788.html
Old 05-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: Believe it or not, washing a car with university water can be an NCAA violation

$20 for the cost of the water/use of the hose??? That's a bit much, considering it only costs me $5 to use the do it yourself carwash.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Believe it or not, washing a car with university water can be an NCAA violation

You tell them, NCAA! We need to stop these thugs!

/sarcasm

I'm about ready for the major 4 conferences to just leave the NCAA, who needs em?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Seriously...the SEC, PAC 12, B1G, and Big XII could do SO much better on their own.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

NCAA, still trying to keep that pimp hand strong. What a joke.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I'm confused by the title of the article. The NCAA came out and said that they didn't have a problem with the "violation" and wouldn't be penalizing the school for it. It was the SCHOOL that charged the girl $20 and said it was a violation, because others weren't allowed to use the hose and water.

The NCAA, if nothing else, said should be praised for not penalizing the school/athlete.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

What about taking a shower in their dorms? Running the AC? come on. Let it go NCAA.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
uscsig
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I'm confused by the title of the article. The NCAA came out and said that they didn't have a problem with the "violation" and wouldn't be penalizing the school for it. It was the SCHOOL that charged the girl $20 and said it was a violation, because others weren't allowed to use the hose and water.

The NCAA, if nothing else, said should be praised for not penalizing the school/athlete.

I agree. The NCAA didn't punish anybody. Why are people complaining? If anything, the school has some morons working in compliance.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
A WCC school self-reported an extra benefits violation when university officials caught one of their women's golfers washing her car on campus, according to the source. A secondary violation was ruled to have occurred because the water and hose were not available to regular students and requested the golfer pay back $20, which was deemed to be the value of the water and use of the hose.

NCAA spokeswoman Dana Thomas emailed Thursday that her organization did not participate in the decision and does not consider the car wash to have been an extra benefits violation. Asked why the golfer was penalized, Thomas said "it seems there was a miscommunication at some level" and the WCC is working with the school to clarify.

A WCC spokesman did not immediately return an email seeking further explanation of what happened.

That school administrators actually reported the violation and a penalty was initially assessed is equal parts hilarious and exasperating. What's next? Charging athletes by the sip at drinking fountains? Or by the gallon after locker room showers?
This pretty much sums it up
Old 05-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsig View Post
I agree. The NCAA didn't punish anybody. Why are people complaining? If anything, the school has some morons working in compliance.

Because everybody wants to hate them ... kind of like if ESPN says we're going to lose to the Super Bowl Champs by 1 ... then they obviously hate us

Old 05-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

it should not even be a reportable offense IMO. The NCAA has a funny way of determining what is and what is not a violation. I think it is crazy that she had to pay $20 for washing her car. When I was at Furman, we had car washes on campus all the time and we never paid the school for the water...and we had some football players participating
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #12
TheMetal
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
TheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Because everybody wants to hate them ... kind of like if ESPN says we're going to lose to the Super Bowl Champs by 1 ... then they obviously hate us
Its obvious why the school / conference would think this is a violation...

Because the NCAA has a history and reputation of absurd rulings when it comes to what constitutes a violation. There's a common story about how the NCAA ruled cream cheese spread for a bagel as a violation.

If you think the mass hatred and suspicion people have for the NCAA is unwarranted, then YOU are the one that is out of touch, not everyone else.
TheMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #13
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetal View Post
Its obvious why the school / conference would think this is a violation...

Because the NCAA has a history and reputation of absurd rulings when it comes to what constitutes a violation. There's a common story about how the NCAA ruled cream cheese spread for a bagel as a violation.

If you think the mass hatred and suspicion people have for the NCAA is unwarranted, then YOU are the one that is out of touch, not everyone else.

I didn't say the NCAA is the greatest thing ever ... I simply said that they're getting bashed from people with blind hatred of them ... if you could point out where I said that they're so great then I will admit that I'm out of touch ... all I said is that they did nothing wrong in this instance ... which if YOU (wow, that was cool. I like how you did that so I tried it too) would have actually read and understood what I said ... then YOU wouldn't be questioning me right now

Geez, people turn on their computers and turn off their brains sometimes

Old 05-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #14
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

what if its the car that the school gave you when you signed?
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #15
chi3fcocksman
Fanatic

Male

CockyCash: 100302
chi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
what if its the car that the school gave you when you signed?
Lol like the orange Vette they say clemson gave Hershall..
Old 06-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi3fcocksman View Post
Lol like the orange Vette they say clemson gave Hershall..
never heard that one
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #17
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

It's cool our guys just take it to a place off campus.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I don't have a problem with this and totally back the NCAA here.

If this was accessible and allowed for ALL students to use, then it wouldn't be an issue. If she was using this particular water source and allowed the time and space to wash her car that any other student couldn't, then it's against rules.

You have to make these rules straight across the board when it comes to improper benefits...or people will stretch and stretch.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote