CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
Kentucky prediction (2215)
Just Booked my Hotel (1466)
Waldrop doubtful for (1005)
Best position coach (933)
The New Idea That'll (824)
We Have A New KO Guy (800)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (525)
If we loose to Kensu (448)
I'm over the loss, b (412)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (311)
If we loose to Kensucky..
I'm over the loss, but...
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
UK promoting a blackout f
What fish do you eat
One dimensional QB
Kentucky prediction
QB Recruiting Strategy
400 pasing yards
The New Idea That'll Fix

Old 06-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Tip of the hat to Liberty

Just wanted to give a tip of the cap to Jim Toman and his Flames.

Quality program with quality young men.
Those four all region selections...Bryan Anderuud (SR), Josh Richardson (JR), Trey Wimmer (SR) and Justin Sizemore (SR) could all play for us.

They didn't lay down and die...they battled hard, and just came up short.

Truth be told, Liberty should've been in a different regional, because they are good enough to make supers (I'd line them up in the Blacksburg regional in a heartbeat, and I think they would win that).

Don't hang your heads, you had a good year...and I would love to welcome you all back to Carolina Stadium next year for a regular season series and let both teams face a quality opponent.

Have a safe trip home...and hopefully see you next year.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tip of the hat to Liberty

very good job Liberty
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Just wanted to give a tip of the cap to Jim Toman and his Flames.

Quality program with quality young men.
Those four all region selections...Bryan Anderuud (SR), Josh Richardson (JR), Trey Wimmer (SR) and Justin Sizemore (SR) could all play for us.

They didn't lay down and die...they battled hard, and just came up short.

Truth be told, Liberty should've been in a different regional, because they are good enough to make supers (I'd line them up in the Blacksburg regional in a heartbeat, and I think they would win that).

Don't hang your heads, you had a good year...and I would love to welcome you all back to Carolina Stadium next year for a regular season series and let both teams face a quality opponent.

Have a safe trip home...and hopefully see you next year.
Couldnt have said it better myself

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Congrats to Liberty on a good season, and thanks for knocking out the tiggers.

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

totally agree... they'll be a program i'll keep up/cheer for in the coming years
Old 06-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Thanks again for opening the season with us too.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
tailfeather511
Assistant Waterboy

Male

tailfeather511 has feathers coming intailfeather511 has feathers coming intailfeather511 has feathers coming in

I went to high school with Trey Wimmer and played with him for 2 years. My senior year he was my starting catcher as a freshman and was easily one of the top prospects in the state. Even from a young age, he could play every position on the field. Toman was recruiting Trey to USC up until he made the move to Liberty obviously taking Trey with him. Trey was, is, and always will be a gentleman and a man of character. Just a side note, Trey DID grow up a HUGE Clemson fan and Leggett never gave him so much as a blink of an eye. . . It was nice seeing Trey have his revenge! Cudos to the best catcher I ever threw to!
tailfeather511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Great coach and class program. They certainly helped us out by knocking off Clemson. I am a Liberty fan now and will follow their baseball next year, but anyone who thinks that a team that gets 20 runs put up on them in a single game should make the Supers is just a crazy thought. Being a realist here. (Still a ton of credit to them)
Old 06-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailfeather511 View Post
I went to high school with Trey Wimmer and played with him for 2 years. My senior year he was my starting catcher as a freshman and was easily one of the top prospects in the state. Even from a young age, he could play every position on the field. Toman was recruiting Trey to USC up until he made the move to Liberty obviously taking Trey with him. Trey was, is, and always will be a gentleman and a man of character. Just a side note, Trey DID grow up a HUGE Clemson fan and Leggett never gave him so much as a blink of an eye. . . It was nice seeing Trey have his revenge! Cudos to the best catcher I ever threw to!
Now that is just a cool story.
Another swing and a miss by Leggett and their "expert" recruting.

Not only did Wingo, a lifelong Tiger fan, get snubbed by Jacky and it came back to bite him in the ass...now Wimmer has done the same.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
JohnnyMc
Walk On

Male

JohnnyMc has hatched from the shell

Very nice post,I would not like to play Liberty every day.
JohnnyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

VERY classy group of guys. They have nothing to be ashamed of. Gave us everything we wanted and them some in four of five games. They had a great season, and I think they have a very good chance to be a solid program for quite a few years.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #12
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Not many teams could get hammered like they did on Sat night and bounce back to win the next game and have a chance to win another with elimination looming like they did. It tool a great effort from our guys to win, and I'm glad they had it in them as well.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Toman will get it done there if he stays. Don't know what his contract is but if he continues like this he'll get a big job. Even Liberty uni's have improved since we last played them in regional at Sarge. Their uni's looked like a high school or junior college uni's back then.
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #14
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

yea i wasnt happy to see them in our regional just cause i thought they were better than that

but idk how to feel about them....they ended the tiggers season, which is always a good thing, but i really wanted to do it to them and they stole that from us lol
Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #15
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Great fans and a very good hitting , solid team.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #16
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Good thread and good posts. One of these days Jim and the Flames are gonna surprise someone big time. Hope it's not us.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #17
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 858937569
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Tremendous respect to Coach Toman and his players! They proved how good a 3 seed can be in this tournament! Big South Baseball should have gotten Campbell in the tourny as well! They could have been as good as Liberty, but didn't get a chance to prove it!

I still remember the big comeback against Liberty in the season opening series. But that 19 Run effort Saturday...... was what I wanted to see! Our team having fun! And Winning!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Their shortstop was one of the best ive seen all year. His rang on a couple plays was unreal. Very good player.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Do not be surprised to see Toman get an ACC or SEC job here in the next 2-3 years...
Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Do not be surprised to see Toman get an ACC or SEC job here in the next 2-3 years...
Do not be surprised if you see Toman at Auburn next year.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote