CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
markymark550
NinjaSven
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Lonnie
johnnyb
CoverTwo
PageUSC
Rivalry Thoughts and (2908)
How is Shaq Davidson (1466)
This would be awesom (1189)
Perspective on our g (1109)
Currently 2nd in att (821)
SEC referees? (708)
Defense and offense (505)
Alshon - Bose (497)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (461)
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (304)
How cool would it be to..
We Have to Pass
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
weekend conference Predic
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Name a Gamecock
Alshon - Bose
Perspective on our game f
Ced Cooper (#18) status?
Dragon Age Origins free!

Old 06-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons
Default 4 Vandy football players dismissed

Not a lot of details...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/29/us/ten...html?hpt=hp_t2
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 4 Vandy football players dismissed

Hmmm, ironic with the emphasis that Franklin puts on a coach having a beatiful wife.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
mater
Class of '02

Male

CockyCash: 100380
mater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot material

FINALLY!!

Vanderbilt is a SEC Program!

I kidd...I kidd

"When a suitcase just won't do."
mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mater View Post
FINALLY!!

Vanderbilt is a SEC Program!

I kidd...I kidd
That's a damn funny post
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Six more student athletes are being investigated in conjunction with the case.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I guess as a private institution they don't have to provide much detail.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Sounds like Vandy football has surpassed CLemson in discipline.
At least they got rid of their sex predators...Clemson let them go in PTI and start the next game.

Seriously...this is just sad...but I applaud Vandy for dismissing these guys.
They don't deserve to have a free college education. Especially one from a good unviversity like Vanderbilt.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
aftertwobowls
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 9500000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Vanderbilt releases names of players involved in sex investigation: http://www.wsmv.com/story/22845584/v...-investigation
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPit

Looks like they take the big hits at TE and CB. Their depth at CB was/is all RS Fresh...so if any of those kids choke/injury they will struggle i'd guess.

Feel really bad for the girl. Disgusting situation if it proves out.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:10 AM   #10
uscsig
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his comb

Sadly, if you want to win in the SEC, you have to take some kids that might do things that make you cringe. If you want to have fine student athletes, watch Duke football. If anyone feels the need to attack me, so be it. They are not being honest about what it takes to win in big time SEC games.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #11
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsig View Post
Sadly, if you want to win in the SEC, you have to take some kids that might do things that make you cringe. If you want to have fine student athletes, watch Duke football. If anyone feels the need to attack me, so be it. They are not being honest about what it takes to win in big time SEC games.
Well we have been winning and I'll take our group of players over any in the country. People just don't give the cock's coaching staff enough credit. Kudos to Spurrier for setting the bar high.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #12
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsig View Post
Well if you're Vandy....seems there are some schools that can pick through the bad apples and still get good recruits.
This doesn't surprise me....we went through this to some degree...and some of our high risk guys stepped up and used the opportunity to move on and do something with their lives.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
SN33Z
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 250
SN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudly

More and more Franklin is a coach ID want to play my heart out for.
SN33Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I don't think any of those kids were going to be contributors. 'Dores will be fine.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #15
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN33Z View Post
More and more Franklin is a coach ID want to play my heart out for.

Agreed. Always been a fan of Franklin.

However, the timing of this is odd to me. Why would you release the names right before SEC Media day? I'm not a PR guy, but that seems like a bad move, IMO.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #16
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
Agreed. Always been a fan of Franklin.

However, the timing of this is odd to me. Why would you release the names right before SEC Media day? I'm not a PR guy, but that seems like a bad move, IMO.
Maybe they can now just refer to the press release and move on.