CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingofnerf
GH
TAFC 5 1981
SouthCGC
Goofyboy
Badazcock
WeStillOwnUSC
No Curse
Kuhn
uscjeremynca
SOS is pissed (10871)
So, Dylan Thompson? (4613)
Confused fan here. (3066)
Is anybody still opt (2942)
Here's a terrifying (2184)
Predict the Season ( (1951)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (1409)
whats up with Mike? (1360)
A fans guide. 5 step (1115)
How were the Aggie f (1017)
Predict the Season (After
Confused fan here. Why i
So, Dylan Thompson?
My outside view
Priority #1: Teach Tackli
Heck of an atmosphere
Jimmies and Joes
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Well, there's still women
SOS is pissed

Old 07-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default 2013-14

UNC- W
UGA- W
Vandy- W
UCF- W
UK- W
Ark- W*
UT- W
Mizzou- W
MSU- W
UF- W
CCU- W
Clemson- W
SEC Championship: vs. Alabama - L

Sugar Bowl: vs. Oklahoma St- W

*I feel like Arkansas could maybe be our annual screw up game.*

Last edited by uscgamecocks88; 07-03-2013 at 10:07 PM.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2013-14

I actually feel the same about Arkansas.
It is there, a place we haven't historically played well.

Actually, that whole stretch in October is a worry spot.
Haven't traditionally played well at Ark and UT...and Mizzou is a long trip.
If this team can come out of that at 2-1 and finish with wins over MSU and UF, they go to Atlanta to play, I think, TAMU.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'm legitimately concerned about UGA, very easy for us to lose that one. I think UT is our trap game this year. They gave us all we could handle at home last year, and now we have to face them during a long road stretch.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Our O-line will be the team's most improved aspect. Hardened by fire, Cory (6'8" 341) and Brandon (6'6" 323) are stronger, bigger (+3 and +2), wiser and vastly more confident. Cann (6'4" 314) is again a rock and from what we're hearing, Patrick (6'2" 315) the line's most improved. It's natural to expect newcomer center Cody Waldrop (6'2" 312) to be the line's weakest link. But that's what he's been hearing the entire off-season too ;-)

Get ready Gamecock fans! At last we have a championship o-line. Averaging 321 pounds, it will grind defenses into the turf like no USC line ever. It will give Connor and Dylan all the time needed, while opening canyons for Brandon, Mike, Kendric and Shon. Not to get overconfident, but we won't need a defense as our offense will be nearly unstoppable. You want to bet against them in any game? Do so at your own risk!
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20008309
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
UNC- W
UGA- W
Vandy- W
UCF- W
UK- W
Ark- W*
UT- W
Mizzou- W
MSU- W
UF- W
CCU- W
UF- W

Really worried about the second Florida game
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

We hope our line is good....."hope", key word
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Really worried about the second Florida game
We'll be playing them at home...We'll be fine
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
We'll be playing them at home...We'll be fine
And after a bye week.

I'm sure this team will be motivated for revenge after the UF game last year..
Old 07-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
UNC- W
UGA- W
Vandy- W
UCF- W
UK- W
Ark- W*
UT- W
Mizzou- W
MSU- W
UF- W
CCU- W
UF- W

You've got UF twice. Clemons is ussually our last game. Or is that Furman U. after Clemson?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
You've got UF twice. Clemons is ussually our last game. Or is that Furman U. after Clemson?
Oh my bad. I meant to put Clemson. I'll change it.

Thanks for pointing it out though!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #11
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Was listening to what ever show SiriusXM college was playing on my commute home (5 pm Mtn time) where they were running down all the schedules of the SEC teams. Both Coach Houston Nutt and the show's regular host had us going 12-0 in the regular season and making it to the SEC-CG. Coach Nutt called that one for us too, while the host said "If there's ever been a team set up to beat Alabama, it's the Gamecocks" he couldn't pull the trigger on us to beat bama.

Made my day. I hope it works out that way.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Get ready Gamecock fans! At last we have a championship o-line. Averaging 321 pounds, it will grind defenses into the turf like no USC line ever. It will give Connor and Dylan all the time needed, while opening canyons for Brandon, Mike, Kendric and Shon. Not to get overconfident, but we won't need a defense as our offense will be nearly unstoppable.
No offensive line in the SEC dominates. There is no "all the time needed," no caverns, no unstoppable. Not needing a great defense is the epitome of overconfidence. This is the SEC. We will play offenses that are very good - including Clemson. Our offense this year shows the promise of being a real partner to the defense, unlike recent years, but dominant seems to me like a pipe dream (hash pipe, even). I do think they should be very effective.

Last edited by Goofyboy; 07-04-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

UT will be the trap game this year. I'm most worried about that one next to UGA.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #14
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
Our O-line will be the team's most improved aspect. Hardened by fire, Cory (6'8" 341) and Brandon (6'6" 323) are stronger, bigger (+3 and +2), wiser and vastly more confident. Cann (6'4" 314) is again a rock and from what we're hearing, Patrick (6'2" 315) the line's most improved. It's natural to expect newcomer center Cody Waldrop (6'2" 312) to be the line's weakest link. But that's what he's been hearing the entire off-season too ;-)

Get ready Gamecock fans! At last we have a championship o-line. Averaging 321 pounds, it will grind defenses into the turf like no USC line ever. It will give Connor and Dylan all the time needed, while opening canyons for Brandon, Mike, Kendric and Shon. Not to get overconfident, but we won't need a defense as our offense will be nearly unstoppable. You want to bet against them in any game? Do so at your own risk!
The line will be slightly better this year.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #15
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post

Dude. I hope you're right, but I'm afraid that you need to put down the Kool-Aid and slowly back away. Every year, we hear about how the O-line is going to be better, and every year, it's a weakness.

I don't need canyons. I don't need perma-pass blocking. I just want a few running holes here and there, and to not have the QBs running for their lives on pass-first plays.

Put me down as skeptical, but I really hope you're right.
GamecockLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #16
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Well actually our oline pass blocked pretty dang well last year. We just had a QB that wouldn't let the ball go, or would just dance around then scramble for a yard or two. For most the year. Most plays he had plenty of time
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I'm legitimately concerned about UGA, very easy for us to lose that one. I think UT is our trap game this year. They gave us all we could handle at home last year, and now we have to face them during a long road stretch.
The Tenn will we face in October is a former shell of itself..They lost Bray, Hunter, Lane, Patterson, and Rivera
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #18
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

What I'm deducing from the responses(not that anyone cares)

UNC- W*
UGA- W*
Vandy- W*
UCF- W*
UK- W*
Ark- W*
UT- W*
Mizzou- W*
MSU- W*
UF- W*
CCU- W**
Clemson- W**

*nothing is a given
**except Clemson, Clemson is a given. 4 times. And coastal, c'mon.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #19
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I will say this...

We are still in the SEC. Nothing is a given.

Not every W will be a pretty win. Look at Vandy 2012. UT 2011. I think we will have some more of those type of games, but just about every team does.

My heart says we can go 12-0 but my mind says that we will lose at least 1.

It's hard to go 14-0. Hell, Alabama lost 1 game.

12-0 or 11-1 is what I'm hoping for. 10-2 would be good, but kinda disappointing. Anything less is a huge let down.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #20
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

I honestly think we'll go 11-1 with a loss against UF. First BCS game appearance would be huge for our program
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote