CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TheUniversityofSC
COCKYTALKIN
Lonnie
Spurticus
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
garnet_black215
MWard
WeStill0wnUSC
TAFC 5 1981
Another A&M aggi (1962)
Green and Lammons (1620)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1557)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Comporium (736)
Dawg DL man arrested (418)
It's Cover Two's bda (364)
Nashville (355)
Georgia DE Jonathan (168)
Needing a General Co (163)
Green and Lammons
2015 - Marquavius Lewis
Predict Clemson 2014
ESPN Car wash Spurrier
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Zack Bailey
Georgia DE Jonathan Taylo
Dawg DL man arrested for
new FIFA rankings
****Official 2014 Gamecoc

Old 07-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default NBA 2013 offseason thread

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2013/
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/

signings can begin july 10th.

celtics/nets trade will be official july 12, nets get pierce, garnett, terry, celtics get humphries, joseph, wallace, brooks, bogans and 2014, '16, and '18 1st round picks.

kings guard tyreke evans will sign a 4 year 44 million offer sheet with the pelicans that reportedly the kings wont match (possible sign and trade for lopez and vasquez).
jr smith will resign with knicks.
al jefferson will reportedly sign a 3 year 41 million deal with the bobcats.
mike dunleavy signs with bulls.
clippers trade away butler and bledsoe to suns and receive redick and dudley in 3 way trade including bucks.
kevin martin signs with timberwolves.
cj watson signs with pacers.
mike dunleavy jr signs with bulls.

plus any thoughts on the draft?
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: NBA 2013 offseason thread

I like the Timberwolves' trio of Rubio, Martin, and Love. They could be a dangerous team when they're healthy.

As a Bobcats fan, I like the Jefferson signing. Utah had a logjam of post players and the Bobcats definitely needed help in the post. As for the draft, wtf to drafting Cody Zeller? Would have taken Noel and Len before him if they were looking to draft a big. I really wanted McLemore though and think they'll regret passing on him.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

The 76ers won the Draft IMO. They pick up Noel, Williams, and a 2014 1st round pick that will likely be top 10 in a pretty strong draft. All they had to give up was Holiday who was a good but not great PG. Plus by making the moves they did they will be awful this season which puts them in the Wiggins sweepstakes with the potential to have a 2 top 10 picks. That team will be rebuilt very quickly.

Last edited by gotrice?; 07-04-2013 at 07:31 PM.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Watch for Miami to resign Chris Anderson and go after Elton Brand. They'll probably let Mike Miller go to free up the cap room.

Dynasty mode.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

^lol def not
Old 07-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

i like the zeller pick, by far the most athletic 7 footer in the draft this year and ppl forget how high he couldve gone in the draft after his freshman year in a much stronger draft

i think they are trying to build an Indiana Pacers model, Al Jefferson > Hibert, Zeller would be that mide range shooter at the 4 that can finish around the rim...West is much better defender at this point, MKG could be a Paul George....im not sure his offense game will be at George's lvl but he could defensively and be effective enough on the offense of side to keep in late, kemba is comparable to hill if you get him with some players, and i think henderson can be just as good as stephenson and prb much more consistent

good model to follow for a small market team
Old 07-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Dunleavy (if healthy) is a nice addition to the Bulls.

Clips got better with Redick and Dudley. They needed perimeter shooters badly.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I like what the pelicans are doing.

Eric Gordon is very underrated. Just needs to stay healthy.

But I also feel like he really doesn't want to be there. Maybe that will change with the additions.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
i like the zeller pick, by far the most athletic 7 footer in the draft this year and ppl forget how high he couldve gone in the draft after his freshman year in a much stronger draft

i think they are trying to build an Indiana Pacers model, Al Jefferson > Hibert, Zeller would be that mide range shooter at the 4 that can finish around the rim...West is much better defender at this point, MKG could be a Paul George....im not sure his offense game will be at George's lvl but he could defensively and be effective enough on the offense of side to keep in late, kemba is comparable to hill if you get him with some players, and i think henderson can be just as good as stephenson and prb much more consistent

good model to follow for a small market team

huge bobcats fan, but disagree somewhat. Hibbert is a much better defender, Paul George is a top notch shooter as well. Kemba>>> Hill. Kemba is a better passer, scorer, and is much faster. He makes up on offense what MKG lacks in comparison to PG. Hendo> Lance S., more efficent on both sides of the ball, also makes better decisions.

Spot on with the Zeller/West comps. Also West is much stronger and is tougher.

I like where we are headed, and I am excited to see how they develop Biz now with AJ and Ewing
Old 07-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

im not sure id compare them to the pacers because the pacers are tougher at every position. you have to worry about a zeller/jefferson frontcourt on defense, it wont be as good of a defensive duo as hibbert/west, but both players do have a length advantage on west.

getting two bigs who can score in the post compliments biyombo. im expecting at least 30 wins for them next year and if nothing else theyll be a much improved video game team.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #11
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

CockyCash: 500
JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Pelicans should be really fun to watch. Though how fun would it have been to see a frontline of Davis and Noel had they not made the trade for Holliday? Supposedly Eric Gordon is buddies with Evans and Jrue from his AAU days, so he should be happier now.

Interested to see what Dwight Howard does. Would have to think Houston, or possibly Golden State, is the most attractive team from a talent standpoint. Dallas is also interesting. Dirk, albeit an aging Dirk, fits well with DH from a style standpoint and they'll have a ton of cap room after this season. Dallas also has the best coach and owner of any of Howard's options.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Looking forward to seeing this group coached by Kidd

Where's everyone see Dwight going? I'd like to see him go to Houston and team with Harden or Golden State.

Also, heard a suggestion that the Celtics should trade Rondo to OKC so OKC could move Westbrook to 2...one of those fantasy rumors but that'd be amazing.
Halltj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #13
THE Cock
Voted Best Poster 2009

Male

CockyCash: 1450
THE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Also, heard a suggestion that the Celtics should trade Rondo to OKC so OKC could move Westbrook to 2...one of those fantasy rumors but that'd be amazing.
Thunder don't have the cap room for a move like that and it wouldn't fit their scheme. I'm not sure where you're hearing this from...

THE COCK ABIDES
THE Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Cock View Post
Thunder don't have the cap room for a move like that and it wouldn't fit their scheme. I'm not sure where you're hearing this from...
They mentioned that and what they'd have to do to make it work but again it's one of those fantasy rumor things...

It was on one of the later night shows on 107.5
Old 07-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #15
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

This is my favorite site to follow for player news

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30755593/ns/sports-nba/
Old 07-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #16
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Didn't the Bobcats get Al Jefferson? That's a big deal IMO.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Is it just me or does Big Al follow bad teams.
Or do Bad teams follow him?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #18
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Iggy to the Warriors is a great move. I would think this really opens the Warriors up to a sign and trade for Dwight because they can ship Barnes out with Bogut. Also what was Jazz management thinking when they willingly took on $20+ million in awful contracts from the Warriors?
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #19
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Re: NBA 2013 offseason thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Iggy to the Warriors is a great move. I would think this really opens the Warriors up to a sign and trade for Dwight because they can ship Barnes out with Bogut. Also what was Jazz management thinking when they willingly took on $20+ million in awful contracts from the Warriors?
On Jazz: they got several picks, including a first next year. And both contracts were expiring, so no real harm for Utah.

For the Warriors: perfect signing. Adds athleticism and defense to a 3-reliant squad. And as you mentioned, if you package Barnes (or Thompson) with Bogut and can work the money right for D12, then that team will have the right mix of inside/outside to be really good and exciting.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #20
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Re: NBA 2013 offseason thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
Didn't the Bobcats get Al Jefferson? That's a big deal IMO.
Lotta money that doesn't really help the rebuilding project

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote