CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
Lalli25
Acockolypse Now
bigdog2003
tigertime86
ertman420
JerseyBird
CoverTwo
Victor Hampton Arres (2051)
Diamond DeSheilds, U (927)
how has more ESPN an (739)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (546)
Gamecock Legacy recr (511)
Attendance next seas (424)
purchasing football (330)
Honeymoon recommenda (269)
$15 home AC (236)
Women's bb - Deshiel (206)
How to cut the mustard
A'ja Wilson
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Women's bb - Deshields to
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
boiled peanuts
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
purchasing football ticke

Old 07-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Crash survivors were getting their luggage before evacuating

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngogl...ate-with-bags/

I don't know about you but the only thing worse than being trapped in a crashed airplane would be waiting for some idiotic passenger to grab his rollaway bag before evacuating down the chute.

Personally I think the most moronic thing we engage in as a society is waiting for morons to take their bags out of the moronic overhead bin before getting off the plane when we make it safely to our destination. Let alone if the plane has crashed having to wait for some asshole to get his or her luggage from the overhead compartment.

Let this be a warning to all of you, that if I am on a plane with you and it has crashed, and you obstruct the evacuation procedure because you're too busy getting your overhead luggage from the overhead compartment on the way out the evacuation slide, you'll get your face bounced off my knee when we get to the tarmac.

A special award needs to go to the idiots who grabbed their luggage before their kids on the way down the slide. Great parenting, dad.

Quote:
When seconds can mean the difference between life and death in escaping an aircraft accident, it was startling to see so many photographs from the crash of Asiana Flight 214 at San Francisco International Airport of people carrying out bags, including roll aboards that must have come out of the overhead luggage bins. At least one man interviewed in the New York Times indicated that he grabbed his bags and then his child. In that order. All I can say is that it was very fortunate that the fire was slow to spread.
While aircraft manufacturers like Boeing have done much in the last couple of decades to improve survivability in aircraft accidents by including materials that are fire-retardant, the fact remains that accidents such as this one often result in ruptured fuel lines or fuel tanks. Once aviation fuel spills, the chances are great that it will come in contact with a hot surface like an engine and ignite. Or the fuel could ignite for other reasons, including sparks caused by the fuselage skidding along the tarmac.

Of all the aircraft accidents I have investigated or am familiar with, this is the first where it appears significant numbers of people took their belongings with them in escaping. What impact this had on other passengers and the extent of their injuries will need to be determined by the NTSB. At a minimum, it seems clear to me that a public awareness campaign needs to be launched to ensure that passengers do not impede the evacuation of an aircraft in an emergency. Certainly now that airlines and the FAA are clearly on notice that survivable accidents could be imperiled by passengers wasting time collecting their bags, they need to take action to address this issue before anyone needlessly dies in a survivable accident.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Jeff45ACP
I give girls the finger

Male

CockyCash: 6300
Jeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff45ACP
Default Re: Crash survivors were getting their luggage before evacuating

Reading this reminds me of Fight Club, and how materialistic we are as a society these days. "The things you own, end up owning you."
Old 07-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

If I'm on that plane I'm reacting like George Costanza at his girlfriends kids birthday party to these people.

Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 1065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

Hey, the drugs gotta get to their destination no excuses.
etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Yep. If our plane crash lands and you go to get your bag before you slide down the ramp, I'm going to falcon-punch you and step over your inert body on my way to freedom.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I also heard an ambulance ran over one of the girls that died. This whole thing is just bizarre.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Quote:
I also heard an ambulance ran over one of the girls that died.
I heard on the radio coming home that this story has been debunked. The girls died when they were thrown from the plane.

As for the people grabbing their carry on items, well no one died as a result of that. The fatalities and injuries were sustained on impact. Furthermore, a lot of the luggage was dislodged by the crash and was blocking some exits, so some of those people may have grabbed their bags to clear the way. I wasn't on the flight, so I'm inclined to cut them some slack, especially after what they went through.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ety-backs.html

Also, it's a miracle that only 2 people were killed.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html

Last edited by SwampFox; 07-08-2013 at 06:57 PM.
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Not to make light of it, but you're really not supposed to get out of your seat until you reach the gate and the seat belt sign turned off.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

They were just talking about this on the news because photographs showed people evacuating the plane holding their duty-free shopping bags and roll away luggage. There were even pictures of people walking down the runway with their roll away luggage being pulled behind them, just like they were walking in the freaking terminal. Meanwhile the plane was in flames right there.

I mean what the living hell is the problem with people, that you think you need to grab your cartons of cheap cigarettes before you evacuate a crashed airplane????

There is no answer to the question of why there are so many stupid idiots in this world
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Lets see, Luggage or Live. I pick live.
Clowneygotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #12
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

The state of shock will make you do crazy things.