CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
ConwayGamecock
Cocks N Stuff
Sandstorm29
Cockypantherfan
Gamecocks1137
Lonnie
CoverTwo
cockybreeyan
Travelin
Wilds & Carson B (1488)
Marquavius Lewis (1316)
How Long Will The Re (833)
So, why is next year (689)
Restaurant musts in (632)
S & F article on (390)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (304)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (281)
Spurrier Says " (226)
'Lord of the Rings: (146)
**USC Women vs. Hampton G
Marquavius Lewis
2015 Commitment - Dexter
The Vent and Coaching cha
Why do so many of you guy
2015 - Mark Fields
Restaurant musts in NYC
Wilds & Carson Back f
So, why is next year goin
2015 Commitment - Sherrod

Old 07-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default Best & worst college coaches

You won't like this, so don't shoot the messenger.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...tball-coaches/
Old 07-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Best & worst college coaches

Apparently he's just trying to get a lot of hits on his website. Anyone who puts Bobby Petrino in their top 10 of best coaches and not Spurrier is just ridiculous.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Nothing to see here, just a reporter looking for more hits on his page.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

THe fact it has Les Miles and Petrino makes it garbage.
Miles will forever be known as the guy who PASSED ON A 2nd and 2 with less than 2 minutes to go in the Chik-fil-a Bowl and then, passed again on 3rd and 2 when you have a RUN-HEAVY offense!!!

Petrino is an excellent coach, but too much personal baggage, and you never know when he will skip town.

Also...DABO SWINNEY in three years?
REally? He will be out of a job in three years once Carolina whips him for a fifth time and the Taters start calling for his head.

He did get David Shaw, Pat Fitzgerald and Al Golden right. I actually would've put one of them above Bob Stoops (does anyone in America do less with the abundant talent they have? Maybe it is just me, but Oklahoma should have at least 2 more national titles during his tenure with all the talent they have...and I'm not an Oklahoma supporter).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Miles will forever be known as the guy who PASSED ON A 2nd and 2 with less than 2 minutes to go in the Chik-fil-a Bowl and then, passed again on 3rd and 2 when you have a RUN-HEAVY offense!!!

Petrino is an excellent coach, but too much personal baggage, and you never know when he will skip town.

REally? He will be out of a job in three years once Carolina whips him for a fifth time and the Taters start calling for his head.

He did get David Shaw, Pat Fitzgerald and Al Golden right. I actually would've put one of them above Bob Stoops (does anyone in America do less with the abundant talent they have? Maybe it is just me, but Oklahoma should have at least 2 more national titles during his tenure with all the talent they have...and I'm not an Oklahoma supporter).
Well stated. All true words.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Here's the link to Saturday down South that has Spurrier as the second best coach in the SEC behind Saban.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...013-preseason/
Old 07-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
LLJT
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
LLJT has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post

Texas?
LLJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLJT View Post
Texas?
And Georgia.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

I don't see much of an issue outside of miles..petrino is a heckuva coach. his personal affair had zero to do with coaching ability. and if dabo kills it for 3 yrs he will be on the list.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I quit reading when he explained that his criteria... varied. WTH? That brings it from the realm of objectivity to the surreal and ever changing world of subjectivity. Fail.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Lets tweet him threats.

Go!

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsGarnet View Post
And Georgia.
I wouldn't put Georgia on that same list. SEC is a lot tougher and much more competitive than the Big 12.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 202732
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I wouldn't put Georgia on that same list. SEC is a lot tougher and much more competitive than the Big 12.
clemson

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #14
El Cid Ranger
Black Magic Squad

Male

CockyCash: 1172754
El Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot material

That was a "People Magazine" article on business and sports! I say that for a few reasons and not for the simple fact that Coach Spurrier was not on the list. If you have a list that varies for reasons that were never stated and not based on facts and statics, I'm sorry your article doesn't swim. It's a piece generated to get hits and people talking.

(It gave this Charlottesville, Va., columnist, for one, fodder for a day. In fact, readers should probably just stop this column now since it "... wasn't written by someone I know to be extremely knowledgeable of college football.")

Article = Fail and that's where I stopped reading....
Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLJT View Post
Texas?
Yes.
Add Southern Cal as well.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

1. Meh, I guess ...

2. We'll find out once he's able to play the SEC in the NC

3. Since when? They had a good stretch there in the early 2ks, but once those classes left ... nothing

4. See #3

5. I can see in the top 10

6. The luckiest man in the world ... best coach? I dunno

7. Because they've had 1 great year?

8. Consistantly in the tops of the nation ... could be higher

9. Oh we're ranking best man whore's?

10. His reasoning for him is because they've gone 25-14 in 3 years ...?

Coaches that could be on the list in 3 years ... abo Swinney

He's going to be fired in 3 years if he doesn't figure out how to beat Carolina ... how's he going to be one of the top 10 coaches in the nation?

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

am I the only one who doesnt bow down to Kevin Sumlin? I get it. He had a great year at TAMU and put up tons of points while at Houston in a conference where defense doesnt exist. Why is everyone ready to annoint him the next best thing after one year...becuase he beat Bama??? Lets see what happens this year and after Hollywood Manziel leaves before bowing to him
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #18
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
am I the only one who doesnt bow down to Kevin Sumlin? I get it. He had a great year at TAMU and put up tons of points while at Houston in a conference where defense doesnt exist. Why is everyone ready to annoint him the next best thing after one year...becuase he beat Bama??? Lets see what happens this year and after Hollywood Manziel leaves before bowing to him
Only the media and TAMU fans bow down. It's funny seeing their fans talk smack on ESPN thinking their the next best thing since Bama.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 202732
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid Ranger View Post
That was a "People Magazine" article on business and sports! I say that for a few reasons and not for the simple fact that Coach Spurrier was not on the list. If you have a list that varies for reasons that were never stated and not based on facts and statics, I'm sorry your article doesn't swim. It's a piece generated to get hits and people talking.

(It gave this Charlottesville, Va., columnist, for one, fodder for a day. In fact, readers should probably just stop this column now since it "... wasn't written by someone I know to be extremely knowledgeable of college football.")

Article = Fail and that's where I stopped reading....
People Magazine hates us.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

You can't spell dabo without bad.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote