CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
Spurticus
Kyle76
The Demise of the 3- (2530)
East Carolina Predic (1698)
Why didn't Wes Green (1387)
A&M on 3rd down (767)
You guys are horribl (661)
louisville (605)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (482)
All of our defensive (304)
Watching the Georgia (303)
A few thoughts
It's the offenses not the
Browns sign Rex Grossman,
A&M on 3rd down
All of our defensive play
Uniform thread
The Demise of the 3-4
2015 - Amonte Caban
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Finally Cooled Off

Old 07-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
N00k
SigMaster

Male

CockyCash: 1952776
N00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to N00k Send a message via Yahoo to N00k
Default Carolina Day at Turner Field / Parking?

The Braves are offering a promotion to fans that live in North or South Carolina this weekend. Select tickets are 50% off. Plus Saturday night after the game there is a free concert by the Steve Miller Band.
I think the wife and I are headed up on Saturday but I haven't been to a game in a few years.
Parking options? Suggestions? Ideas?
Anything else I need to know about a gameday at Turner Field?

N00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: Carolina Day at Turner Field / Parking?

The Braves website has all the information you need.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Preorder parking from the Braves and park in one of the lots. We normally park in the Orange or Gold lots so when it's time to leave we just have to turn out and go straight to 85 without having to move over this lane and that lane

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

We always like to park outside the city and buy a day pass for MARTA. There's a shuttle you can take from the Underground right where the old Coke museam was that will take you right to the Ted. We like doing this because you can still get around without having to deal with all the traffic.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Eutaw Kid
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Eutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBand View Post
We always like to park outside the city and buy a day pass for MARTA. There's a shuttle you can take from the Underground right where the old Coke museam was that will take you right to the Ted. We like doing this because you can still get around without having to deal with all the traffic.

Definitely the best option if you're staying anywhere near a Marta station.
Eutaw Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
N00k
SigMaster

Male

CockyCash: 1952776
N00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to N00k Send a message via Yahoo to N00k

We're not staying the night. I'm considering pre-buying parking. Looks like I can save $5 on it. So I guess it's for any lot and I just go to one that has a spot open?

N00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
GarnetLaw
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
GarnetLaw is learning to peckGarnetLaw is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by N00k View Post
We're not staying the night. I'm considering pre-buying parking. Looks like I can save $5 on it. So I guess it's for any lot and I just go to one that has a spot open?
They are going to be lot specific. I usually park in the Blue lot and try and get near one of the exits and have no problem getting out.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by N00k View Post

You'll have to buy a "color" lot and then you can park wherever in that lot. Like GarnetLaw said, try to gett near an exit if you can.

The 100% MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER ... pull through, or back into the spot, because NOBODY will let you out.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #9
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetLaw View Post
They are going to be lot specific. I usually park in the Blue lot and try and get near one of the exits and have no problem getting out.

x2...blue lot is pay at time of parking...it's $10 if I remember. It is just north of the old stadium footprint so you walk right by the hank aaron section of the fence that remains from #715 as you walk to Turner Field. You are closest lot to the on ramp to 85/75 North. The walk is 300 yards but I have always gotten out of the lot and onto the interstate in about 5 minutes from getting in my car.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #10
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

If you have a current Delta medallion card you can use the Delta lot:

The Delta Medallion Lot is a premium lot reserved exclusively for Delta SkyMiles Medallion® members. Any fan with a valid Medallion card may park on the Delta Medallion Lot for no additional charge provided they have a valid Braves parking permit or cash. Cash spaces are limited and are on a first come first served basis.

I've never used it but there's info here: http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/ba...ontent=parking
Old 07-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

We would park outside the city and shuttle in on Marta.

No traffic and free parking...and you are right at the stadium.

We do the it same way down here in Tampa now, except St. Pete doesn't have anywhere near the transit system of Atlanta...park away from stadium and take a trolley to the stadium. People who pay $15-20 park when you don't have to is crazy to me...unless you are tailgating, that is different.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
super_cock_master
RS Senior

Male

CockyCash: 500
super_cock_master is making other chickens nervoussuper_cock_master is making other chickens nervoussuper_cock_master is making other chickens nervoussuper_cock_master is making other chickens nervoussuper_cock_master is making other chickens nervoussuper_cock_master is making other chickens nervoussuper_cock_master is making other chickens nervoussuper_cock_master is making other chickens nervous

I always try to park where fulton-county stadium used to be. Really cool checking out all the markers and thinking about all the history that happened right where you are standing. Last time I was there some douche decided to park on the pitchers mound while i was taking a pic.
super_cock_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #13
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I went to watch the Cubs beat the Braves last year, and parked in a lot about 200 yards from the stadium. Did walk around where the old stadium was, stood at home plate and where Hank hit #715. Took my dad who is a huge Hank fan and had to take his picture at the spot Hank hit the ball. It was my first trip to the new stadium, I had been to a few games in the old stadium. Take the time to walk around the stadium and take everything in.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote