CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
SCohioBoy
Regalcock
Kentucky prediction (2105)
Just Booked my Hotel (1409)
Best position coach (824)
Waldrop doubtful for (810)
The New Idea That'll (713)
So What? (699)
We Have A New KO Guy (573)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (444)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (276)
So What? (272)
Best position coach or co
I'm over the loss, but...
QB Recruiting Strategy
We Have A New KO Guy
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Thoughts on the basketbal
2016 - Rozelle Nix
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
What fish do you eat
Waldrop doubtful for Kent

Old 07-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

CockyCash: 131113
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo
Default Ace Sanders Signed to a 4 Year Deal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-in-the-fold/

Quote:
The agent for wide receiver Ace Sanders told Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun that his client has reached agreement on a four-year deal with the Jaguars, leaving only sixth-round safety Josh Evans unsigned among the Jaguars draft picks.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ace Sanders Signed to a 4 Year Deal

That is Aces!!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

That's terrific to hear! I know this may sound like a dumb question, but does this mean he made the final roster cuts?

Edit: I read the article a little closer, so I'd say yes. Yes he did.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

ACE!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Ph/JDCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ph/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
That's terrific to hear! I know this may sound like a dumb question, but does this mean he made the final roster cuts?

I think cuts down to the 53-man roster generally occur during preseason football. Fourth round contracts probably don't come with a lot of guaranteed money, so he could be pretty much cut at any time and the team would only be out their signing bonus or whatever else they guaranteed up front.
Ph/JDCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

I rewatched the Outback Bowl the other night. We are gonna miss Ace. Congrats to him
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Really hope the qb situstion in Jax works out so that Ace gets a chance to shine
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

he's a virtual lock to make the roster considering his punt return skills and they dont have anybody else on the roster who has been even an average punt returner before. jags have 4 veteran wr's who have played a good bit, everyone else is pretty green.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Ace's departure will be the toughest to cover for the Gamecock this
coming season..moreso than Marcus Lattimore. Ace was solid as a
WR, but what he did for this team the past two years on the Punt Return
team was nothing short of spectacular. He had the ability to change
the momentum of a game with one return, and it gave the opposition
something else they had to practice to defend the entire week before they
played us.

I also TRUELY feel that Ace and DJ may be the two best "bargin"
selections in the entire NFL draft this season. Ace can (if given a
chance) make an immediate impact on Special Teams for the Jags
and eventually (if given the chance) he will show them that he can be
a very solid WR for any offense.

Good Luck #1 .... Represent well !

Old 07-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #10
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 470000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Good Luck ACE... You have given me a reason to go see the Jags play
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
CarolinaLaw12

CockyCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post

No, he can be waived at any time. The roster will have a bunch of guys they are feeling out during the preseason. These guys will play in the preseason games and participate in all the team practices, scrimmages, and what not. Generally speaking, you didn't make the team until the team picture is taken.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #12
CarolinaLaw12

CockyCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Ace's departure will be the toughest to cover for the Gamecock this
coming season..moreso than Marcus Lattimore. Ace was solid as a
WR, but what he did for this team the past two years on the Punt Return
team was nothing short of spectacular. He had the ability to change
the momentum of a game with one return, and it gave the opposition
something else they had to practice to defend the entire week before they
played us.

I also TRUELY feel that Ace and DJ may be the two best "bargin"
selections in the entire NFL draft this season. Ace can (if given a
chance) make an immediate impact on Special Teams for the Jags
and eventually (if given the chance) he will show them that he can be
a very solid WR for any offense.

Good Luck #1 .... Represent well !

hear, hear!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #13
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think cuts down to the 53-man roster generally occur during preseason football. Fourth round contracts probably don't come with a lot of guaranteed money, so he could be pretty much cut at any time and the team would only be out their signing bonus or whatever else they guaranteed up front.
Quote:
No, he can be waived at any time. The roster will have a bunch of guys they are feeling out during the preseason. These guys will play in the preseason games and participate in all the team practices, scrimmages, and what not. Generally speaking, you didn't make the team until the team picture is taken.
Thanks for the info guys. Points!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #14
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

I see Ace as the next Steve Smith. He's only a inch shorter but same weight
Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #15
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

If I'm not mistaken, the Jags are very happy with Ace and Denard. Blackmon is going to be suspended for the first part of the season so Ace has a chance to step up and get some meaningful snaps. By the end of offseason workouts he was getting 1st team snaps at slot. They obviously love his potential at PR. I'm a Jags fan so its finally exciting to see a Gamecock make the roster (I know Williamson played but he didn't make a large impact).
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #16
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Really hope the qb situstion in Jax works out so that Ace gets a chance to shine
Worst case scenario they can put Shoelace at QB and get really creative. With the speed and shiftiness both he and Ace have together on the same field, the Jags could be a REALLY entertaining offense to watch in the coming years (if they have an OC that can figure out how to use it well).

In any event, way to go Ace!
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #17
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

The Aces and Laces Era in Jacksonville has officially begun.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:59 AM   #18
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
The Aces and Laces Era in Jacksonville has officially begun.
HA! I know some people may have bad blood because of the contentious bowl game, but I always thought Robinson was a great kid and a great teammate, if not a future NFL QB... I hope they hit it off and spur each other onto great things!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #19
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

I read an interview with the Jags new GM David Caldwell in the last couple of weeks. He basically said that he would have taken Ace in the 3rd round versus the 4th round if he had to.

He said he targeted Denard Robinson and Ace Sanders as players he would take before the 4th round if the CB they wanted was off the board. It is very unusual for a GM to admit that he target a player and did not follow the BAP philosophy. He said he was looking for two players in the 3-5 rounds that would be a weapon on the field. I think he got both in Ace and Shoelace.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #20
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Ace in ya face. Good for him!