CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
GH
75CarolinaFan
Gamecocks1137
JoeMorrisonLives
garnet_black215
StormOfTalons
johnnyb
b381l
Welcome to Moe's (558)
Jay Paterno Attempts (487)
help with army insig (208)
Hercules - review (206)
I'm a grand godfathe (116)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (44)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (19)
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Help Give Cocky a Home
Name a Gamecock
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Good Article for those co
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
college football match up
2015 - Auden Tate
2015 - Mon Denson
Coach's media golf press

Old 07-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
Sir Big Spur 912
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 26866
Sir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talons
Default USAMNT World Cup Starting 11

Ok, so hopefully some people on this board follow and love USA soccer like I do. I'm getting super pumped for the world-cup because I truly believe the US will advance out of their group and get to the final 8 maybe with a stroke or two of good fortune the final 4. That would be the greatest thing ever other than them winning the world-cup.

So I want to hear people's opinions on who the starting 11 should be, what formation we should run, .... etc etc.

Lets talk USA Soccer!

Here is my ideal starting 11 from what I have seen.

Formation: 4-4-1-1 (Defensively adjusted with CDM's instead of CM's)

GK: Howard

Def: Timothy Chandler (LB) / Omar Gonzolez (CB) / Clarence Goodson (CB) / Demarcus Beasley (RB)

Mid: Landon Donovan (LM) / Jermaine Jones (CDM) / Michael Bradley (CDM) / Stuart Holden (RM)

Strikers: Clint Dempsey (Holding) / Jozy Altidore (Striker)

Subs: Fabian Johnson (RB/RM), Chris Wondolowski (My new favorite player (ST)), Brad Evans (LB/RB), Brad Guzan (GK), Kyle Beckerman (CDM), Eddie Johnson (ST), Oguchi Onyewu (CB), Matt Besler (CB), Jose Torres (CM), Brek Shea (LM/RM)

Tell me what the people think, and let me hear opinions.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
uscsig
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his comb
Default Re: USAMNT World Cup Starting 11

I like your lineup a great deal, however I think Holden is a much better player in the center of the midfield. I'm really excited that we have people on this board that love soccer(football if you are Kaka...just kidding bro). The Yanks Are Coming...
Old 07-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #3
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Should be a blast to watch!! making a run to the final 4 would be surreal!
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Is Graham Zusi not goo enough to make the squad?
I follow the sport (will admit haven't been able to watch the recent gold cup matches) and his name seemed to always come up in friendlies or qualifiers.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Cameron instead of Beckerman.

Zusi instead of Shea. (As of right now, this could change)

Besler starts instead of Goodson.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post

I agree with all of these changes at the moment. Holden also is a better central player than being out wide. The main factor for him is to see how well he progresses in the next year.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:

the way things are going Zusi is in for sure over Shea
Old 07-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Gooch over beasley and wonderboy starts over jozy. He makes better runs than jozy

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Gooch over beasley and wonderboy starts over jozy. He makes better runs than jozy
no way, he's still uninspiring against top level defenses, and Jozy has been in GREAT form.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #10
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Gooch is overrated. He may not make the team.

No way Wondo starts over Jozy.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Jozy starts.

Dude's year has been very strong.

Will only help him now with his move to Sunderland.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #12
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Wonderboy does make better runs but jozy is bigger and stronger for dealing with contact and should get nod imo
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #13
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Gooch is overrated. He may not make the team.

No way Wondo starts over Jozy.
I used to not be a Gooch fan, but I believe he is better than he has been in the past few years. Beasley...not a fan. He takes horrible angles and constantly gets beat

Old 07-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #14
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue View Post
no way, he's still uninspiring against top level defenses, and Jozy has been in GREAT form.
Jozy has come on as of late, but I am not impressed with his touch inside the box. He is an over the top striker and we can't play against top notch defenses like that. Just my .02

Old 07-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #15
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Jozy has come on as of late, but I am not impressed with his touch inside the box. He is an over the top striker and we can't play against top notch defenses like that. Just my .02
That's why Jozy is using his 1st touch to score and not his 2nd touch which is "the worst in the game" (Men in Blazers joke)
Old 07-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #16
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
I used to not be a Gooch fan, but I believe he is better than he has been in the past few years. Beasley...not a fan. He takes horrible angles and constantly gets beat
Agree
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #17
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

If Holden is completely healthy, may the most important man on the pitch for the US. Bradley may be 2nd. Granted this is from an offensive ball possession standpoint. Never dismiss the importance of Howard.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #18
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
If Holden is completely healthy, may the most important man on the pitch for the US. Bradley may be 2nd. Granted this is from an offensive ball possession standpoint. Never dismiss the importance of Howard.
Bradley is currently the most important player. If Landon gets back he could be 2. Hopefully Holden get us healthy, match fit and back to form. Would be huge for team.

We also need to continue to see evolution of Gonzales and Besler. So far they look pretty good with very limited playing time together.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

---------------Howard--------------

Evans------Beasler-----Omar-----Beasley

Zusi---------Jones-----Bradley-----Donovan

---------Dempsey-------Jozy------

I dont see any changes. Chandler looked weak the few games he had, Goodson is slow, I dont see Zusi moving anywhere, he has been playing great. Jozy is in great form. I can see Wondo pushing it but Wondo is just Wondo, he will choke in hard times. Holden is not on top form yet.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #20
tkousc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

I agree with Kaka's lineup except maybe Holden over Jones. It's close though.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote