CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (26967)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2042)
Simple "yes&quo (1437)
Phil Steele just pre (1171)
Eat Crow (738)
Garcia: Change the R (724)
TeMarcus Blanton (688)
We actually didnt lo (628)
Extremely Proud (554)
what I think ab ward (486)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
We actually didnt lose
Simple "yes" or
End of the first half....
Eat Crow
We would be 7-1 with just
Extremely Proud
Cannot win the east...
what I think ab ward
I want people to explain

Old 07-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material
Default Alshon looking good for upcoming camp

The meat of the story..

Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery was limited by knee and thumb injuries in his rookie season, but he has already done enough this offseason to impress his position coach.

Chicago receivers coach Mike Groh told the Chicago Tribune that Jeffery, who played in 10 games with six starts and caught 24 passes for 367 yards and three touchdowns last season, has stood out for him during offseason work.

Ill say this about Alshon: Hes really invested, Groh said. I have seen improvement in the very short time I have been able to work with him. He certainly has tremendous potential.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lshon-jeffery/
Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alshon looking good for upcoming camp

Dang do I miss Alshon Jeffery. I love our receivers but I feel like we lack that big play, throw it to me anytime and I'll go up and get it, stud. Like, he just dominated DB's and single handedly kept us in a lot of games during his career. Like his game against Kentucky his freshmen year, or his game against Auburn his sophomore year, or the Alabama game, or the Tennessee game etc. etc.

Sigh...I would kill for another Alshon Jeffery. To bad they don't grow on trees.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Dang do I miss Alshon Jeffery. I love our receivers but I feel like we lack that big play, throw it to me anytime and I'll go up and get it, stud. Like, he just dominated DB's and single handedly kept us in a lot of games during his career. Like his game against Kentucky his freshmen year, or his game against Auburn his sophomore year, or the Alabama game, or the Tennessee game etc. etc.

Sigh...I would kill for another Alshon Jeffery. To bad they don't grow on trees.
alshon was a once in a generation player..he came in with expectations and delivered.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Still can't believe the 49ers passed on him at the end of the 1st round to draft some guy from Illinois. Could have had Alshon and Marcus on the same team. And Culliver too.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #5
C0cKfAn4lifE89
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 258
C0cKfAn4lifE89 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
alshon was a once in a generation player..he came in with expectations and delivered.
I wouldn't say once in a generation. WR talent is there. I would definitely say talent like his you don't see often. Once in a generation type player that I would put in that category is only 1 and he plays defense. Not trying to bash you though, def agree he is pretty much one of the best WRs ive seen play here. There will be another talent soon, seems to happen every year or so. There was Williamson, then Rice, and then Jeffrey. Roland will shine next
C0cKfAn4lifE89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Say anything about him being fat?

Bet he winds up thicker than 216 before he's done.

Dude is money in the bank.....that man was born to catch footballs. We still miss you Alshon...
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Let's just hope this coach decides to get the ball to Jeffery instead of throwing it to Marshall on every single down. Marshall is good, but I saw so many plays last season where Jeffery was wide open and the ball was thrown to Marshall.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #8
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
Let's just hope this coach decides to get the ball to Jeffery instead of throwing it to Marshall on every single down. Marshall is good, but I saw so many plays last season where Jeffery was wide open and the ball was thrown to Marshall.
That's not on the Coach.
That's on Jay Cutler.
99.9% of the time he's looking at Marshall. Kind of similar to the way Stafford is with Megatron.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #9
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Marshall is also a cry baby and taints Cutler's reads. Very confident Alshon will step up. Get em!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
WayzUp
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1200
WayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to WayzUp

Quote:
A lot of that has to do with Cutler & Marshall going back to Denver....I think it's more Cutler choosing to go to Marshall so many times than it is his coach, present or prior, telling him to throw to Marshall 15 times per game.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #11
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I am so glad I'm not the only one who noticed Cutler's love affair with Marshall. That was down right annoying. Alshon could have been the 2012 version of BM if BM would have been able to stay at Miami.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #12
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

It was pretty obvious that Cutler favored BM by a lot. I saw a few times where he had double coverage and Cutler still threw his way. Don't tell me Alshon is never open, or that he can't out muscle/jump someone for the ball.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #13
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Just think, we were so close to having Sidney Rice and Alshon Jeffery on the same team

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #14
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Just think, we were so close to having Sidney Rice and Alshon Jeffery on the same team
Man! Talk about options at WR.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
Still can't believe the 49ers passed on him at the end of the 1st round to draft some guy from Illinois. Could have had Alshon and Marcus on the same team. And Culliver too.
As a Gamecock and 49'er fan, I'm still sick about that!...IF AJ Jenkins makes the team this year, he will get plenty of reps with Crabtree out for most of the year...The only explanation I ever read was that the 9'ers were looking for a speed receiver. But I definitely feel like our front office dropped the ball passing on Alshon...I hope AJ proves me wrong this year!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Sidney left after 06 (his RS Soph year) even if he stayed all 4 years (technically 5) he and Alshon wouldn't have played together.
Alshon was a Freshman in 09.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Alshon looking good for upcoming camp

Alshon is one of my favorite gamecocks, ever. He and Gurley made other teams look silly. He also is a very nice young man. He signed a Gatorade drink for my grandson in the grocery store in Columbia. He picked him up and played with him for about 15 minutes. He is a great guy.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #18
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Sidney left after 06 (his RS Soph year) even if he stayed all 4 years (technically 5) he and Alshon wouldn't have played together.
Alshon was a Freshman in 09.
I just think he meant we were "That Close." One year being the difference.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #19
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
idk about that.....id say ML and JD have had much greater expectations on them and they delivered!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Say anything about him being fat?

Bet he winds up thicker than 216 before he's done.

Dude is money in the bank.....that man was born to catch footballs. We still miss you Alshon...
he was fat......the number of pounds someone has only tells some of the story.....its what kind of weight you have on you, not how much