CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Thenardier
Latti
ccured
SterlingBrooks
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
roosterdude21
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1301)
Stadium Ratings-Site (949)
NBA Wants to Up Age (634)
HELP calculating acr (352)
How Experienced In P (333)
40 Ways You Know You (318)
South Carolina @ Aub (148)
Super-Efficient Ax (147)
Amazing a List of Us (126)
Holly Trees pruning (90)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
Playstation 4
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Where will we be preseaso
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Kelcy and Vic questioned
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Gamecock cheerleader with
South Carolina @ Auburn S

Old 07-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
taylorssc
Swag Out

Male

CockyCash: 500
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material
Default Manziel Pleads Guilty

The hits just keep on coming...

Manziel pleads guilty to misdemeanor charge from 2012 fight

Quote:
According to statements given to police, Manziel and a friend were walking home on June 29, 2012 when the friend directed a racial slur at a 47-year-old man. The man confronted the friend, and the incident escalated until Manziel and the man exchanged punches.

As a result of his ensuing arrest, Manziel was initially suspended for the entire 2012 season and planned a transfer. But a letter from new Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin helped overturn the suspension, paving the way for Manziel's historic Heisman-winning campaign as a freshman.

Manziel's guilty plea comes just days after his surprising (and much-discussed) early departure from the Manning Passing Academy in Louisiana.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Manziel Pleads Guilty

Ouch

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

doesn't matter...nothing will happen to him

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
WayzUp
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1200
WayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPit
Send a message via Yahoo to WayzUp

Manziel hasn't been linked to anything remotely similar to football since he won the Hypeman Trophy.

I see a huge sophomore slump in his future but guessing I'm not alone in that regard....this guy reeks sense of entitlement & with a season of tape and the best defensive coordinators in the land, methinks the SEC won't be taken by surprise but "Johnny Football" again this year.

Media has built him up, they'll just as happily tear him down for ratings if he does digress on the field as many expect. He doesn't seem the type to learn from mistakes as long as there aren't consequences for his actions.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
taylorssc
Swag Out

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
doesn't matter...nothing will happen to him
Doubtful. We've know about the fight and the lifted punishment by Sumlin, that's old news.

People probably weren't aware he got in a fight with a 47 year old man after his friend (cough -- my ass -- cough) was yelling racial slurs at the guy. More bad PR for the Heisman Trophy winner.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Hey, Eric, know it's only his second year, but it looks like Johnny's ahead of the curve. Perhaps you should tell wifey to schedule one of her seminars so she can straighten the boy out. Just a thought, but it's her call. LOL.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
Wkrice91
Blue Chip

Male

Wkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudly

I am really anxious to see how Hyman handles this. He needs to be consistent.
Wkrice91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

This isn't really anything new. We all knew about his arrest last year, it's just finally coming up. So I don't really think anything is going to happen.
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
This isn't really anything new. We all knew about his arrest last year, it's just finally coming up. So I don't really think anything is going to happen.
This

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #10
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
This
It's not like he just got arrested. Old news, he's just finally entering a plea.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #11
taylorssc
Swag Out

Male

Quote:
It's not like he just got arrested. Old news, he's just finally entering a plea.
Has nothing to do with when this happened. Just saying the guy doesn't need more bad PR right now...I shouldn't have to explain this.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
Has nothing to do with when this happened. Just saying the guy doesn't need more bad PR right now...I shouldn't have to explain this.
Makes sense. I wasn't necessarily responding to you for posting it, a lot of the comments were just calling for action and waiting to see what would be done and I was just throwing it out there that we probably shouldn't expect anything.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

And Hyman probably thought Garcia was a worse case scenario...Part of me wishes the Carolina D would have had a chance at him

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Makes sense. I wasn't necessarily responding to you for posting it, a lot of the comments were just calling for action and waiting to see what would be done and I was just throwing it out there that we probably shouldn't expect anything.
Hyman is powerless if the board wants Johnny. It is safe to say Johnny will play.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #15
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
The hits just keep on coming...
Wait til TA&M faces us in the SECCG and Clowney gets ahold of him...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #16
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

I don't think everyone should hate on the kid because...he is a kid. Yeah he comes off as a prick but isn't every teenage male? Yeah he's made bad choices but most kids do. The media is looking for anything good or bad to say about anyone popular to get headlines and more times than not its bad (think Hollywood). In all I have no problem with him doing what he does to make him look like an ass to others, in the end everyone has to grow up, its unfortunate he or any of these college stars are forced to grow up under the microscope of criticizing eyes. Just like a former player of ours (#5) ill save my judgment until he's proved he's a grown man by his own standard and not the standard the mass applies.
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #17
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

"According to statements given to police, Manziel and a friend were walking home on June 29, 2012 when the friend directed a racial slur at a 47-year-old man. The man confronted the friend, and the incident escalated until Manziel and the man exchanged punches."

So Manziel's friend directs a racial slur at a (presumably) African American guy. The guy objects, and Manziel hits the African American guy? How is this okay? I don't care who he is, he shouldn't be leading a team.

Manziel is old enough to enlist in the military. He's old enough to get married. He's old enough to father a child. He should be more mature than this.

I'm really tired of the "he's just a kid" refrain. I've seen 30 year old men who are still excused in the same way - he's still young. Some people never grow up.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #18
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
And Hyman probably thought Garcia was a worse case scenario...Part of me wishes the Carolina D would have had a chance at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Wait til TA&M faces us in the SECCG and Clowney gets ahold of him...
This
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #19
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 800000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

One day...........It may not be tomorrow, or next week, or even next season, but one day, Home boy is gonna crack.................
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #20
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Karma is karma is karma. Not judging him, but his track record is iffy. Hope the kid grows up before the NFL hits
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote