CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
taylorssc
l^l^lBGCock
NAGamecockFan
doubledribble
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
ChickenButt
So Disappointed With (2938)
No Comments on the H (915)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (251)
Call of Duty: Advanc (243)
Gameday parking in A (184)
Vote For Cocky (132)
Things They Should H (107)
Keeping tailgate foo (80)
Texas athletic director:
BAW
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
The Gator Bowl wants us!
2014-15 Premier League se
No Comments on the Holes?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Thoughts on the basketbal

Old 07-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly
Default Carolina Crown

Not sure how many of you follow DCI (drum corps international), but the corps from Fort Mill, SC known as "Carolina Crown" has been winning every marching contest they have played thus far. Even beating possibly the best corps of the last two decades, The Concord Blue Devils, in their hometown show in Cali. They have never won a championship. Everyone is saying it is their year to bring it all home. This may seem irrelevant to most, but in their opening number they play 2001: A Space Odyssy as they enter the field..... pretty damn ironic and BA!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Carolina Crown

Skip to 2:10 for one of the most impressive versions of 2001 that you will ever hear.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

They are good, I don't like their version of 2001 though. The end of it is not climatic enough for me.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I had a chance to join them in their inaugural year but didn't have the time.

Really glad to see them doing well.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

I thought this was gonna be about that cheap 'South Carolina Crown Club' whiskey.... carry on, lol.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I used to keep up with DCI. I live in Georgia so I always pulled for Spirit of Atlanta. I marched in the band in high school and in my sophomore year our show was almost exactly like SCVs 1974 show (music, not drill). That's some old school marching band. It's looks funny compared to now. My band director was one of the founders of Spirit so you can imagine that he ran his high school band like a drum & bugle corps. We dressed like the Hawthorne Muchachos. Lol.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote