CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rioninusc
Regalcock
KaneisAble
PageUSC
QCB
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
markp_vip
taylorssc
The Yancey
Our Defense? (1994)
Fight, win, kick a-- (821)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (779)
CFN prediction for a (684)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (482)
This is War (399)
What happened to thi (395)
Why I'm hopeful abou (373)
Ranking Top HC jobs (364)
A simple defensive l (329)
The Gator Bowl wants us!
In-state QB talent
Does South Carolina still
Our Defense?
Texas athletic director:
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
A simple defensive line &
Nvidia adds Dynamic Super
Fight, win, kick a-- addi

Old 07-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Exclamation 2013 Schedule Prediction Thread

Lets see what everyone thinks will happen this season.

Here's my prediction on the season ... all the way to the bowl/championship game.

8-29 vs UNC - Spurrier has really be pushing this boarder rivalry, so I have a feeling he's going to have the team jacked up for this one. Mix in that he's never lost an opening game, and that this team is going to want to go out and prove they're worth the ranking. I think keeps a little back, as always, but enough to get the win and kind of let off the gas late. WIN +10

9-7 @ UGA - They're tired of losing to us, and will be looking to beat the second straight SC team that they'll face. Too bad for them, Spurrier (and this team) has their number, and we're on a mission this season. WIN +13

9-14 vs Vandy - Frankling has those guys playing very well. This isn't Vandy of old. I think Vandy will keep the game the way it's been the past few season, close and nail biting. WIN +10

9-21 BYE

9-28 @ UCF - Not a typical type game for us. We'll be going out of conference on the road, and to a vacation area coming off of a bye week. This game has all the makings of a potential let down. WIN +6

10-5 vs Kent - Coming back home and off of a scare. The team will be refocus and put one on Kentucky. They're blazing the recruiting trail, but that's not going to help them on the field this year. WIN +17

10-12 @ Arky - This isn't the Big 10 or 12 or whatever number conference Bielema was in with Wisconsin. I see him trying to get Arkansas into a power running team like the Badgers were known for, but not having all the pieces to the puzzle. WIN +7

10-19 @ Tenn - They lost their coach, QB, and most of their threats at WR. This is a dangerous game on the road, but we take another one in Neyland. WIN +10

10-26 @ Mizzou - We're not known for our great play on the road, and in a 3rd straight road game I think it catches up to us. The saving grace is, it's Mizzou and they're just not going to have enough to knock this team off. WIN +6

11-2 vs Miss St - Coming back home, and playing a not so fantastic Bulldog team. We make short work and continue our home winning streak. WIN +16

11-9 BYE

11-16 vs UF - It's the final stretch of the season, and UF kept us out of the championship game last year due to us handing it to them on the 1 twice and laying down in the 2nd half. We're undefeated and people are asking if we're contenders or pretenders. Spurrier (and crew) come out and get redemption from last year and proves a point. WIN +13

11-23 vs Coastal Carolina - Coastal doesn't have a chance against our Defense. We get a very comfortable lead and put in the backups. WIN +28

11-30 vs Clemson - We're undefeated and talking National Title, and Clemson has had a little bit of a bumpy season after dropping UGA in the opener and 2 more along the way. Their only chance at having a successful season is killing our dreams. The bad news for them is Jadeveon hasn't left for the NFL yet, and proves himself not a liar and goes out never losing to Clemson. WIN +17

12-7 SEC CG - I think Alabama comes out of the West again. I don't see aTm taking over with all the Manziel drama. He may or may not finish the year as their QB. Spurrier feels like our OLine looks like 'bamas, but their Dline doesn't look like ours. It's a slug fest, but our dreams finally come true and we inch it out late. WIN +4

1-6 BCS National Championship Game - Ohio State gets a cake walk to the title game, and faces whoever comes out of the SEC to challenge them. They won't face ANYBODY this season, so even if Vandy went to the title game, OSU wouldn't have a chance. The SEC goes 8 straight. WIN +17

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2013 Schedule Prediction Thread

im picking up what your putting down.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

oh yes, the undefeated national championship season we have all been waiting for....and predicting every preseason. I'll drink to this!
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

UNC - W
UGA - L
Vandy - W
UCF - W
UK - W
Arky - W
Tenn - W
Mizz - W
Miss St - W
UF - W
Coast - W
Clem - W

SECCG (Alabama) - W/L
NC (Ohio State) - W/Sugar Bowl (vs. Louisville) W
Old 07-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
oh yes, the undefeated national championship season we have all been waiting for....and predicting every preseason. I'll drink to this!
This is actually the only time I've ever predicted an undefeated season.

We always have a chance to drop a road game, and even more so when we have 3 in a row. I just don't see any of those 3 being able to beat us (unless we play like we did against UF last year).

We lost 2 games last year, and those were playing the worst we possibily could. As bad as we played AT LSU AT night we only lost by 2. UF beat us pretty good, but again, we packed it up in the 2nd half after we fumbled it twice and they got it on our 1 both times in the first half.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
UNC - W
UGA - L
Vandy - W
UCF - W
UK - W
Arky - W
Tenn - W
Mizz - W
Miss St - W
UF - W
Coast - W
Clem - W

SECCG (Alabama) - W/L
NC (Ohio State) - W/Sugar Bowl (vs. Louisville) W

I could see those out comes

Old 07-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

1. UNC: 35-17
2. @UGA: 38-34
3. Vandy: 28-13
4. @UCF: 34-24
5. Kent: 41-10
6. @ARK: 17-6
7. @UT: 16-24 (L)
8. @MIZ: 38-17
9. MSU: 24-21
10. UF: 17-14
11. CC: 38-6
12. CU: 31-20

UA (SECCG): 17-28 (L)

OSU (Sugar): 33-23

Final: 12-2
CHSgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #8
jcausc
Recruit

Male

jcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spurs

our toughest games are UGA, UF, UCF(possible we could underestimate them) and UT (that Neyland atmosphere)
Old 07-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

UNC : W 31-10
UGA : W 44-31
Vandy: W 34-14
UCF : W 56-13
Kentucky: W 42-7
Arky: W 33-10
UT: W 35-21
Mizz: W 38-14
MSU: W 31-6
UF: W 31-28
Coastal: W 69-6
Clemtech : 35-17

SECCG vs Bama : W 35-24

BCSNC: Ohio State vs South Carolina Carolina wins 28-17
Old 07-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #10
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Why is EVERYONE so worried about UCF? They are a school with 45,000+ students and can barely get 30,000 people to a football game. They have been very inconsistent the past couple of years.

They do not have the talent of a Mizzou or Tennessee
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #11
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

I'd predict a sugar bowl win just because it is difficult to go into a season expecting a Natty, but I think the National title is well within our reach and any thing short of a BCS bowl would be slightly disappointing
Old 07-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

10-2 or 9-3
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
10-2 or 9-3
no.. if it is no better than 11-2 I would consider that one helluva disappointment.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #14
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

11-1 plus/minus one game
Old 07-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
Why is EVERYONE so worried about UCF? They are a school with 45,000+ students and can barely get 30,000 people to a football game. They have been very inconsistent the past couple of years.

Because players are motivated to play well mainly by 2 things:

1. A home crowd
2. A really good team

UCF is neither, and on top of that it is a non-conference game. And on top of that we aren't the best road team. All of these factors add up to what will more than likely be a lethargic 10 point victory. Our players will have to find motivation from somewhere.

I think we lose to UGA and lose another game we probably shouldn't lose. 11-2 finish. Not sure how people are thinking double digit win AT UGA. Very important game for both teams and we don't play nearly as well on the road.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #16
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post

"EVERYONE" is kind of a stretch there considering in this thread only 1 person highlighted them as a tough opponent. However as a fan of this program, you learn not to mark any team as a guaranteed win. I would be heavily disappointed if we lost to some teams but the fact of the matter is any team can win any day. That's football. Hell, that's sports. Now don't take that to the heart. I'm not saying we're going 0-12 here. But it "can" happen, doesn't mean it will. (I'll probably get 10 replies OMG YOU R SO DUMB)

Years that UCF is pretty good they generally play teams REALLY close. I don't think anyone is scared to play them, I just think people look at it as a game that could go overlooked by anyone.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #17
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I want to say 12-0 but there's something telling me there's gonna be a WTF game. I sure hope I'm wrong.

If there's a screw up game, I could see it being during that 3 game stretch.

I say we win the east at 12-0 or 11-1 and play Alabama. Sugar or nat champ after that.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #18
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

This thread is usually 5 pages deep by now.

This tells me people don't want to go out on a limb and say we won't lose, or don't want people to blast them for saying we'll lose this or that game.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #19
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

9.5 is the over\under on our season wins. Last year it was 8.5. Gaining some respect in Vegas.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

i'd take that all day long. I'd take over