CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
johnnyb
Master Bedroom
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
Aggie96
bcolinc
kingofnerf
Devonte Holloman Ret (2488)
JD & DJ Getting (1072)
Aggie looking forwar (1059)
Article on Shaw & (1025)
Cockaboose Owners (972)
I have not bought in (945)
and the #1 2014 acc (832)
I'm thinking we're g (733)
SEC East QB's Ranked (549)
Clemson OT to transf (482)
First "Carolina Call
Really excited to visit t
Come and get your Johnny
2016 - Bryan Edwards
I have not bought into ou
Lattimore Tidbit
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Madden 15 demo?
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons
Default "NFL sized team"

Jemele Hill from the four letter newtork said on Mike and Mike this morning that she was on the sideline at the Outback bowl and she was in awe of how big (physically) our team was. She said it was definitely an NFL size type team, also described it as "a whole other thing going on down there(referring to USC)". Just another note on how much we've grown (no pun intended). I've always felt like Alabama or LSU were those kinds of teams, and it makes me feel great to see someone acknowledge us in that way.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: "NFL sized team"

That's nice of her to say.

She's still a POS.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

During the ESPY's last night, I was flipping back and forth between the ESPY's and the BYU vs Utah game from last year (since I live in UT). What struck me is on the whole, how much bigger our players look than the players from those two teams.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Spurrier made the comment at Media Day that our Oline "looks a lot like Alabama's" Oline. He then added that he just hopes our guys can play as good as theirs.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Sugedatdude
Cocky Que

Male

Sugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
That's nice of her to say.

She's still a POS.
Lol...tell us how you really feel.
Sugedatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

The big difference I see in the top teams (Alabama, LSU) is that they play on a different level of intensity and attitude compared to the midtier teams in the conference on the big stage.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
The big difference I see in the top teams (Alabama, LSU) is that they play on a different level of intensity and attitude compared to the midtier teams in the conference.
Mark Twain said it best. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.... "

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Mark Twain said it best. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.... "
That's is true to an extent, but a Chihuahua could have all the fight in the world, but if it gets into it with a Rottweiler it is still going to get obliterated.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29795000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Spurrier made the comment at Media Day that our Oline "looks a lot like Alabama's" Oline. He then added that he just hopes our guys can play as good as theirs.
Good point.

There's a vast difference between being big, and being able to play effectively while you're big.

Our OL was big the last few years, and have struggled at times even run blocking. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they can play as an effective unit this year.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

It's doesn't matter the size of the gamecock in the fight, what matters is the amount of fight in the gamecock.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
It's doesn't matter the size of the gamecock in the fight, what matters is the amount of fight in the gamecock.
Its probably a good thing you didn't shorten our name in that statement.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I heard her talking about it this morning. Thanks, but I still don't like her. I don't really like Greenberg either. Golic is ok.

For the amount of fight in the dog thing.... Our DL has had that fight. Our OL, not so much. But, it is getting better.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #13
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugedatdude View Post
Lol...tell us how you really feel.
Not trying to get banned again.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
Its probably a good thing you didn't shorten our name in that statement.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
The big difference I see in the top teams (Alabama, LSU) is that they play on a different level of intensity and attitude compared to the midtier teams in the conference on the big stage.
You know you're a really good team when you have quality "ready-to-go" depth at offensive line. When you can recruit 4* and 5* quality offensive linemen every year and you have 8-9 guys that could potentially be "starter" then you're doing something right.

I guess when your consistently in the top 5 in the country you can land more big time OL prospects.

We don't have that. We don't have a lot of guys that aren't starters already that could step in and fill in and not miss a beat. We have a few, but not a lot.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

It's depth and dedication. To win at that level in the SEC you have to be about three deep on talent, and have to have the players that are dedicated year round to being the best they can be.

We have not had that in the past, we do now.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #17
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Well its not all about 4/5 star talent. Its also about an attitude or nasty side that those 2 teams play with on BOTH SIDES of the ball.

Eliott tries hard to get his guys to get mean but a few of them have just been soft in the past. Hopefully the extra mass our current guys have put on will give them some confidence. Brandon Shell and Cody Robinson, in particular, should be mauling defenders this year.

Our defense has some swagger and they are pretty good, but when LSU got down to crunch time last year, they got ran over (literally) after LSU manned up.

There is still a large gap between USC and Bama/LSU .. Talent does play a big part in it but so does attitude. USC is getting better but they need to get more aggressive on both sides of the ball.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
USAFGAMECOCK
F'n A

Male

CockyCash: 22000400
USAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Michael Vick concurs.

USAFGAMECOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #19
CockySpaniel
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1918547116
CockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot material

Vs. LSU our DL looked tiny.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #20
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well its not all about 4/5 star talent. Its also about an attitude or nasty side that those 2 teams play with on BOTH SIDES of the ball.

Eliott tries hard to get his guys to get mean but a few of them have just been soft in the past. Hopefully the extra mass our current guys have put on will give them some confidence. Brandon Shell and Cody Robinson, in particular, should be mauling defenders this year.

Our defense has some swagger and they are pretty good, but when LSU got down to crunch time last year, they got ran over (literally) after LSU manned up.

There is still a large gap between USC and Bama/LSU .. Talent does play a big part in it but so does attitude. USC is getting better but they need to get more aggressive on both sides of the ball.
I think attitude plays in to talent too. A lot of these big time high school OL recruits play with intensity which shows on their film.