CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
markp_vip
Acockolypse Now
PageUSC
jrussjr
spareparts
eightohhthree
COCKYTALKIN
Cockypantherfan
ChickenButt
Legitimate, Unbiased (1733)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1633)
why we're in this po (1434)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1183)
I guess we don't get (1156)
Predict the Season ( (1018)
open discussion of t (989)
Dylan Thompson picke (810)
Spurrier Press confe (795)
Look who's at the bo (741)
Vols @ UGA (ESPN - Noon)
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Predict the Season (After
Dillon Day suspended
Vols dismiss RB for punch
Waldrop & Williams
Sprint Cup driver Scott S
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy

Old 07-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Prayer request

I almost hate putting this out there. Seems like other people have big issues going on and mine isn't worth the time to mention, especially since all of this is my own doing.

Long story short - for years I've been writing about travel now. As a result, my time working and travel writing has taken me away from my family. As a result I've neglected them and made some choices that may cause me to lose them. That's all my fault. In my pursuit of my passion, I've forgotten the things that matter most to me. And now it's a real possibility, because of stupid and selfish decisions that I've made, that I'm going to lose my wife - the woman I love more than anyone.

I've quit travel writing for now - maybe temporarily, probably permanently. However, I can't heal what's been broken. I just ask for prayer and reconciliation with my wife. I ask for her healing. I ask for my own healing and redemption from my past failures and mistakes. I ask for forgiveness. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Prayer request

Prayers Sent. Hope God's plan unveils itself to you.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Praying for you.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Hope it works out for you. Relationships aren't easy. It takes hard work. Sorry you're struggling right now.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Hope it works out for you. Relationships aren't easy. It takes hard work. Sorry you're struggling right now.
Not much I can add to this. Couples therapy can help. Good luck!

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Thank you. It really isn't up to me. It's out of my control (in many ways). It's up to my wife what she wants to do. I just pray that she still wants our relationship too. I will give everything I have to make it work.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Thank you. It really isn't up to me. It's out of my control (in many ways). It's up to my wife what she wants to do. I just pray that she still wants our relationship too. I will give everything I have to make it work.
If she feels like she has your full attention and that your marriage is your top priority, you'll have a better chance. Go spend some time with her and log off the 'net.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC View Post
If she feels like she has your full attention and that your marriage is your top priority, you'll have a better chance. Go spend some time with her and log off the 'net.
Yes, I am making steps towards that now. The blog I have built up for the last 3 years, working with Expedia and being featured in sites and newspapers (including a front page article in the sports section of The State before last year's Carolina/Clemson game), I just put up for sale.

As for the internet, I've got some time to work on that one. She just took off to southern California for 10 days. I'm hoping the time away helps her but it's crushing for me.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:30 AM   #9
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I just want to bump this up. This may be the most difficult time I've ever had in my life. I could use your prayers. I can't eat or sleep and am struggling right now. Thank you.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Jeremy, you definitely have my prayers. Keep that faith and be strong. Things will work out how they should.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #11
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Please continue to keep me in your prayers. Today was the worst day of my entire life. Honestly, I am lucky to still be here today. Very thankful to my parents for helping me through my day. Today is 100 times worse than the worst day I ever had.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #12
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Please continue to keep me in your prayers. Today was the worst day of my entire life. Honestly, I am lucky to still be here today. Very thankful to my parents for helping me through my day. Today is 100 times worse than the worst day I ever had.
Very sorry to read this. Keeping you in my prayers and I hope God gives you the strength and guidance you need. Praying things get better for you.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Praying
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #14
USC girl
ᑕOᗰE ᗯITᕼ ᗰE ᑎOᗯ!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 85848102
USC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot materialUSC girl is USC mascot material

Jeremy, you'll get through this. Keeping you in my thoughts, and praying as well. However this turns out, I hope it works out for the best. Stay strong!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #15
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

Prayers

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #16
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Can't imagine how you feel. I hope it all works out
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #17
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Like most of us I have been there. That doesn't ease your pain one little bit though. All we can do is to affirm that after you have walked through the fire happier and wiser days will be found.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #18
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 26065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

Go to counseling, it will help.
etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #19
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Thank you for your prayers. Today was a much better day. I still need LOTS and LOTS of prayers. My marriage is falling apart and I love my wife more than any person I've ever known. I want it to work but she's very hurt. I will spend the rest of my life winning her over showing her how much I love her. However, she won't even talk to me. She hates me.

Yesterday was the worst day of my life. I've never been so low. Thank you for your prayers. I made it through my day but I really, really need them. I don't like asking for help from others but I need this more than anything. My faith is strong and I believe that staying together is what is right for us. I just need God's help to heal and help us through this and that her heart would be softened and she would keep faith and hope.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #20
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

"Today is going to be easier than yesterday, but harder than it once was."
Something a friend told me about his alcoholism. Figured it fits here as well