CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Bed Sores
mpilot0705
CockyLifer
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
AtlGAMECOCK
Nick29321
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1551)
The Field (1460)
Spurrier winning at (1099)
I hope Coach Spurrie (1015)
One of the great thi (924)
Anyone watching pti (894)
Defensive Backfield (818)
GAME (784)
Death in the family (692)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (652)
Conflict with Aggies on t
SDS/Garcia: Entertaining
Anyone watching pti
GAME
Defensive Backfield
One of the great things a
I hope Coach Spurrier get
Spurrier winning at footb
The Field
Finbaum Jogs on USC campu

Old 07-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
BlackMagicCock
@TheCarolinaWire

Male

CockyCash: 200
BlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to BlackMagicCock Send a message via Skype™ to BlackMagicCock
Default Just thinking of a way to honor 21.

As we all know Mr. Lattimore is a one-in-a-billion type guys, not even talking about football. We need a way to keep his spirit here at Carolina, a visual icon. I just made this really quick before work. I would love to here any other ideas or maybe phrases we can stick on the stadium or maybe a statue? Well do some creative thinking ladies and gents and lets see what you can come up with!

Or we could do like a 6 ft tall statue of the number "21" and stick in on the top of the middle pillar on one of the ramps. I know horrible render but its just to give you an idea.

Last edited by BlackMagicCock; 07-19-2013 at 12:55 PM.
BlackMagicCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Just thinking of a way to honor 21.

His name is on the stadium ramps for the most rushing touchdowns in gamecock history right?

Those are some really good seats..
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

This was like trying to find Waldo.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

continue to work hard, stay motivated, encourage one another. seems like a better way to honor marcus than a sign. just my opinion.

looks like somebody was watching a weird al video on a tv from curtis mathis...
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Played 3 seasons and only 1 full season. Don't think we need to go out of our way to honor him. If we do this for Marcus then what do we do for Clowney who in all likelihood will set more records and win more awards...
Old 07-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
BlackMagicCock
@TheCarolinaWire

Male

BlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to BlackMagicCock Send a message via Skype™ to BlackMagicCock

I said forget the football side. It's about him as a person, the character. What's more important, football ability or just being a damn good man? Kids in 20 years will only have heard what we tell them, they won't know the man. That's why I think it's important to always have something to remind us. Visual references are the strongest way to keep the moment of Marcus around Columbia long after we are all gone. Just me though

BlackMagicCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Not just for Latti, but I would like if we did a something "of honor". The Cowboys and others have the Ring Of Honor with players and coaches along the lip of the upper deck. I don't know if we do that, but maybe once we redo the area surrounding the stadium do a Walk of Honor or maybe some kind of memorial area like they have in Left at Yankee Stadium.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Played 3 seasons and only 1 full season. Don't think we need to go out of our way to honor him. If we do this for Marcus then what do we do for Clowney who in all likelihood will set more records and win more awards...
You're kidding right?
Old 07-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
hubbarjm
Count of Monte Fisto

Male

hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons

A 21 gun salute would do it for me, preferably with some AC/DC (For those about to rock) playing in the background.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #10
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Statue of him outside the stadium. That's the best bet. Get one of him and Steve out there.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
Statue of him outside the stadium. That's the best bet. Get one of him and Steve out there.
and be sure to give george rogers the bird next time you see him.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #12
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
You're kidding right?

Didn't mean that to come off as harsh or anything. I love Latti. I've met him, spoke to him, and was a student during his years here. I just think our fans take it to the extreme sometimes. I'm not belittleling what he did here at all.

We've had this discussion before on here. I feel if he was able to avoid the injuries and obtain some kind of tangible hardware for his accomplishments then we would have more reason to do something to honor him.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #13
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
and be sure to give george rogers the bird next time you see him.
excuse me?
Old 07-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #14
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
In the spirit of accuracy, he didn't even finish his freshman season, was knocked out of the bowl game is freshman year on the first play or two. That's not a knock on Marcus at all, it's just how things happened for him. Even with all the injury problems and never seeing the second quarter of the last game of a season, he is still one of the best 2-3 running backs we've ever seen holding the all time TD record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
excuse me?
He was saying if you want statues for Lattimore and Spurrier, then what about Big George?
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #15
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

How about we find a big rock from Duncan, and give it to spurrier as a present. And our players can rub it as the run out of the tunnel. We can release balloons and go all out!!! We'll call it Lattimore's rock!