CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1640)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (915)
Rest of the season p (892)
Let us clarify some (736)
Tennessee kickoff an (653)
Tennessee Game Time (646)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (626)
Just thought of some (538)
Is Clowney back toni (509)
Miss St. defense
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Why is everyone anticipat
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T
Official NHL 2014-2015 Se

Old 07-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default DUI

I think most of you know what happened to me 2 years go...

This is hurting my job opportunities bad.

I heard lawyers are able to get it off your record, about how much would I be looking at to do that? Any attorneys here?

If anybody knows about this stuff. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: DUI

I'm not sure a lawyer can help something get off your record 2 years later.
You already pled guilty.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I'm not sure a lawyer can help something get off your record 2 years later.
You already pled guilty.
well I was guilty, I was not gone lie in front of a judge...

Old 07-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 0
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Unfortunately, that's not always the best way to deal with things. I knew someone who was pulled for DUI and hired an attorney to take care of it. The attorney said he had a hard time reducing the charges because when my friend was pulled, he admitted to the cop he had too many and it was all caught on camera.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
well I was guilty, I was not gone lie in front of a judge...
I understand that but what I mean is you already pled guilty 2 years ago.
I'm not sure if they can open up the case.

After you got it did you hire a lawyer?
I had a few friends that got DUIs in Cola, and as soon as they got outta jail they called a lawyer.
It was pretty expensive but it was dropped from their record, or changed to a wreckless driving offense.
I feel like as long as you pay for a lawyer theyll somehow get it dropped.

#LukeForMod

Old 07-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

yep if you get pulled for dui don't say anything. don't take the breathalyzer. as soon as you can get a lawyer. a lawyer will be able to get you a temporary work license early on. then if not dismissed will get it knocked down so its not a dui on your record. and then there is handling it first don't drink and then drive
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
Mr. Wednesday
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudly

You made your bed now you have to sleep in it.

As others have said- you should never admit to a crime when pulled over if you don't want it on your record. In this country you have the RIGHT to remain silent, then get an attorney. Had you done that, then you likely wouldn't be having this problem 2 years later. Nothing you can do about it now.
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
You made your bed now you have to sleep in it.

As others have said- you should never admit to a crime when pulled over if you don't want it on your record. In this country you have the RIGHT to remain silent, then get an attorney. Had you done that, then you likely wouldn't be having this problem 2 years later. Nothing you can do about it now.
didnt admit it to the cop, didnt take the breathalyzer but in front of the judge, I couldnt lie, Im not a good lier.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #9
Mr. Wednesday
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudly

Quote:
didnt admit it to the cop, didnt take the breathalyzer but in front of the judge, I couldnt lie, Im not a good lier.
If you have a decent lawyer then you don't have to lie.

But anyway, doesn't matter now. What's done cannot be undone.
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

im f#@# then.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Yea a lawyer won't make you lie.
He'll find some little thing and it will get your case expunged.
Like I heard a story of a guy getting it dropped because the cop didn't finish reading him his rights as he was being put in the car.

#LukeForMod

Old 07-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #12
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 28000000
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Try looking into getting it expunged. PTI is out of the question since you plead guilty though. Good news is unless you are trying to get top level clearance most corporations on background check you for 7 years.
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
SN33Z
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 250
SN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudlySN33Z is crowing loudly

If you've made good choices since you COULD get it expunged depending what state law is
SN33Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #14
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN33Z View Post
If you've made good choices since you COULD get it expunged depending what state law is

Sneez is back?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Sneez is back?
38 posts in 8 months, so barely... I miss old SNEEZ
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #16
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 28000000
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Sneez is back?
If it is not, then the guy pretending is really really sad. Still the greatest (humor-wise) avatar of all time.
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #17
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Im not a good lier.
or a good speller
Old 07-20-2013, 03:24 AM   #18
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
or a good speller
Lol
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:28 AM   #19
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Unfortunately there is no way to get it off your record. That's one of the deterrents to keep people from drinking and driving. Give it time and employers will forgive.

On a side note, I think its pretty sad that 90% of the posts in this thread are about how to get off from a DUI and advice on not talking, not blowing, and getting your case reduced. I cannot for the life of me understand why some people would rather focus on creative ways to get off a charge INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON NOT DRINKING AND DRIVING!!!!. There is a reason South Carolina has the 2nd highest alcohol related fatalities in the entire nation. 38% of all fatalities in the state are DUI related. And people are more interested in telling others how to get off after they get stopped for drunk driving instead of telling people not to drive drunk. I simply don't understand.
usctiburon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #20
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
Unfortunately there is no way to get it off your record. That's one of the deterrents to keep people from drinking and driving. Give it time and employers will forgive.

On a side note, I think its pretty sad that 90% of the posts in this thread are about how to get off from a DUI and advice on not talking, not blowing, and getting your case reduced. I cannot for the life of me understand why some people would rather focus on creative ways to get off a charge INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON NOT DRINKING AND DRIVING!!!!. There is a reason South Carolina has the 2nd highest alcohol related fatalities in the entire nation. 38% of all fatalities in the state are DUI related. And people are more interested in telling others how to get off after they get stopped for drunk driving instead of telling people not to drive drunk. I simply don't understand.
I understand what you're saying, we've all heard it and everyone should hear it but he didn't come here to get a lecture; he's obviously learned his lesson and understands the gravity of the matter from everything he's gone through and the repercussions of his arrest. He came here asking for advice on finding a job with a DUI on his record, not to be lectured about something he's been kicking himself for for the past two years
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote