CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
75CarolinaFan
Dizzy01
Kyle76
GarnetBlack&Blue
GSC2013
peterlemon
StormOfTalons
ccured
The Yancey
Mike Davis "dou (2222)
The Demise of the 3- (1649)
Gamecocks D staff re (1414)
Past SEC Champions w (1052)
Pirate Depth Chart (1031)
who thinks we need a (960)
East Carolina Predic (790)
Why didn't Wes Green (740)
Reginald Bowens (720)
Did we ever go after (377)
Pirate Depth Chart
louisville
Carolina opens -15.5
East Carolina Prediction
The Demise of the 3-4
Why didn't Wes Green play
What would be your defini
Gamecock football Long Te
Did we ever go after Kenn
MLS almost ready for play

Old 07-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
cgking114
Filibusterin' Fool

Male

CockyCash: 500
cgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot material
Default Gordon Beckham

I don't know how many people will remember this but, watching the Braves play the White Sox today, I noticed they had a player named Gordon Beckham. This immediately made me remember that USC had a starting QB in the early 80's named Gordon Beckham. After some research, I found out that he is indeed his son. Just think this is pretty cool.
cgking114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gordon Beckham

Yea every time we played them both the radio and TV announcers would say it like a million times.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Yea every time we played them both the radio and TV announcers would say it like a million times.
Well good for him.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgking114 View Post
I don't know how many people will remember this but, watching the Braves play the White Sox today, I noticed they had a player named Gordon Beckham. This immediately made me remember that USC had a starting QB in the early 80's named Gordon Beckham. After some research, I found out that he is indeed his son. Just think this is pretty cool.
That is his son , Gordon played ball at Westminster schools while I was working there on the athletic field staff. I had a lot of interaction with him during football and baseball season. I thought he was talented and would be decent but never would have said that's a future mlb player.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Is this the same Beckam who was the ss at uga ?
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

There was a great soccer movie about him too...
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

The White Sox like his potential but he has under performed recently. Though he is hitting .333 this season having played in 45 games, his first half was cut short due to a fracture in his right hamate bone
Old 07-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Wow....threads like this....smh
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #9
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
Is this the same Beckam who was the ss at uga ?
Yes, one of my good buddies knows him from their time at UGA.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #10
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

If my memory serves me correctly,we could have had him. He was interested but we took a kid from Charleston,( Reece Havens) at shortstop instead. Anybody know if Havens is still in baseball.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenscock2 View Post
If my memory serves me correctly,we could have had him. He was interested but we took a kid from Charleston,( Reece Havens) at shortstop instead. Anybody know if Havens is still in baseball.
Yes, he is playing in Las Vegas for the Mets AAA team and is on the Mets 40 man roster. Pretty sure he has dealt with some injuries along the way.

Yep, looked it up and this article was written before last season about Havens. Injuries have hampered him a bit. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/sp...-injuries.html
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #12
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Is he related to Jeff Gordon?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Wow, didn't know we took Havens over Beckham. Both were great in college, Beckham was a beast. He was on one of the last decent UGA teams.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenscock2 View Post
He never wanted to come to SC. He said he wanted to make his own way and not play where his dad did. Even though it was different sports.
doc
Old 07-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #15
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
He never wanted to come to SC. He said he wanted to make his own way and not play where his dad did. Even though it was different sports.
doc
Yea he made it very clear that he always wanted to go to UGA and really never wanted to go to USC at all. I think he committed to UGA in the 10th grade. I just remember every single time we played UGA they would bring up the fact that his dad was the QB for USC about fifty billion times.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
doc

We were never in play for Gordon. I know his Dad well. we weren't in it.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote