CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
KaneisAble
doubledribble
PageUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
thumpin big
b381l
TheUSCMike
kingofnerf
Busta out indefinite (1866)
SOS says his next st (1576)
Our Road Upset Wins (1462)
CBSSports SEC predic (737)
No easy road for our (617)
Roll call for Auburn (535)
Our Defense? (500)
University of Buffal (471)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (256)
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
To ANYONE complaining abo
Our Defense?

Old 07-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default A mark of professionalism to 107.5 The Game

Up here in Northeast GA, the only sports talk we have are WCCP.
Known as the Clemson home, and they are barely covering the ACC media days.

But in Columbia, not only did they do the SEC media day thing, they are now doing the ACC Media days.

If anything, WNKT is a professional organization compared to WCCP.
The home of hte GAmecocks gave Clemson fans their time in the sun.

At the Clemson home, it is nothing but Clemson propoganda, and just how much of a thug Clowney is.

Keep it up WNKT. Hopefully WCCP can get a sliver of professionalism.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Re: A mark of professionalism to 107.5 The Game

A lot of people don't like the idea of 107.5 talking about Clemson or other teams...i like it. I always want to know my enemy and what they're doing.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

107.5 is top notch - except for Benji - not bc he's a Clemson guy, he's just not as professional as the rest of the crew (and also not as funny as he thinks he is).
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Rooster Booster
Pastor of Disaster

Male

Rooster Booster has feathers coming inRooster Booster has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
107.5 is top notch - except for Benji - not bc he's a Clemson guy, he's just not as professional as the rest of the crew (and also not as funny as he thinks he is).
It's ok - you can say it's because he's a Tiger fan.

107.5 is great, only good sports radio station I've ever listened to. Having level-headed guys who don't scream helps. A lot.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Wooooo!" - Ric Flair
Rooster Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Booster View Post
It's ok - you can say it's because he's a Tiger fan.

107.5 is great, only good sports radio station I've ever listened to. Having level-headed guys who don't scream helps. A lot.
It's really not. In the mornings I remember Tommy Moody reading off some local HS scores and Benji talking all over him to make some unfunny joke, while you can feel everyone else in the booth sitting there waiting for him to be done.

While others on programs are reading off news stories of interest and the like, he often will interrupt for no good reason to make off topic comments. I would be fine with him if he would just wait his turn in conversation, rather than interrupt, also if the jokes he was interrupting to make, were funnier. I've talked to Clemson fans and other non-USC fans, that say they like everyone on the air, except for Benji, who will get to hide behind 'it's because I'm a Clemson fan'.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

The difference in the two sources (Note: I'm not trash talking, it's merely my opinion):

WNKT: I don't know who exactly is in charge of this or the host of the radio show. I also don't know what their credentials are. No idea where they are from where they went to school or anything. For all I know they could be fans. But as a host of something, anything, you have to be unbiased. I don't care if you're the biggest Gamecock fan ever. Your job is to report sports news, not reports pro-Gamecock news and only negative Clemson news. That's the job of a reporter for a Sports News network, and that's what they do for the most part. They give every team their fair share of credit. They'll be the first to say we need to be aware of Wofford even if we don't really need to be.

WCCP : Again, I don't know anything about anyone on this show or where they are from or anything. But with a lot of Clemson radio stations I get the same feeling. I feel like they are run by fans. They may be educated fans that know their history and stats, but they are 100% biased fans. They only want to talk about how great Clemson is, and how they lost because of X reasons and not because the team was better than them. They don't want to talk Gamecocks at all even when we deserve credit. They set out everyday to talk Clemson sports and downgrade South Carolina in any way shape or form.

I truly believe this because of my run ins listening to these stations. My opinion may be wrong but until someone can show me otherwise it's not going to change. I don't dislike anyone that listens to Clemson Sports radio, I just really dislike how they go about exerting the news. It's comical. Clemson could lose 40-0 and they would make it seem like Clemson should've won 100-0.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
The difference in the two sources (Note: I'm not trash talking, it's merely my opinion):

WNKT: I don't know who exactly is in charge of this or the host of the radio show. I also don't know what their credentials are. No idea where they are from where they went to school or anything. For all I know they could be fans. But as a host of something, anything, you have to be unbiased. I don't care if you're the biggest Gamecock fan ever. Your job is to report sports news, not reports pro-Gamecock news and only negative Clemson news. That's the job of a reporter for a Sports News network, and that's what they do for the most part. They give every team their fair share of credit. They'll be the first to say we need to be aware of Wofford even if we don't really need to be.

WCCP : Again, I don't know anything about anyone on this show or where they are from or anything. But with a lot of Clemson radio stations I get the same feeling. I feel like they are run by fans. They may be educated fans that know their history and stats, but they are 100% biased fans. They only want to talk about how great Clemson is, and how they lost because of X reasons and not because the team was better than them. They don't want to talk Gamecocks at all even when we deserve credit. They set out everyday to talk Clemson sports and downgrade South Carolina in any way shape or form.

I truly believe this because of my run ins listening to these stations. My opinion may be wrong but until someone can show me otherwise it's not going to change. I don't dislike anyone that listens to Clemson Sports radio, I just really dislike how they go about exerting the news. It's comical. Clemson could lose 40-0 and they would make it seem like Clemson should've won 100-0.
I think you are 100 percent on.
I think it also spreads to other forms of media.
Just look at the online sites.

Most are run by Tiger fans, and they let you know they are fans.
While some guys come off a little much on the online, they aren't near as bad.

It is almost like the good ole boy system. If you are in the family, you can talk about the family, but if you aren't, shut your mouth.

The same with Clemson media. It is okay if you talk about it, as long as you are one of them. If you aren't, you don't have any say.

Make me .

It would be nice if WCCP actually tried to cover Carolina a little bit, and made an effort to at least pretend they care...whenever they talk about USC, you can tell they really don't want to, and want to go on to something else.

WNKT I noticed will talk about what the callers want to talk about.

Also, notice WNKY didn't completely slander Clemson fans when the Cockaboose was tagged (though it would've been easy since an orange pawprint was on the thing).

But WCCP quickly accused, judged and executed it as a Carolina fan for the rock...with virtually no evidence...and neve apologized when it was revealed to be one of them.

I dont' know how WNKT covered the rock chipping, but I"m sure they weren't laughing at it like WCCP was, asking "What the hell is a Cockaboose. It is just paint, so it ain't that big a deal."

Proof this rivalry has gone beyond jabs...it is gone well into the area of hate.
I can honestly say nearly every Clemson fan I have met the last four years I walk away just not liking.

But back on point...WNKT KUDOS!!!
Two-time National Champs

Old 07-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
He really is just annoying...like those blubbering loudmouth Clemson fans who never shut the hell up.

He is almost as funny as Walt here in the upstate...honestly never even hinted a chuckle with his "quips."
Two-time National Champs

Old 07-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

I guess that Benji is doing a great job of representing the typical clemsux fan. (sarcasm)
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post

There's a huge difference in sports reporting and sports talk radio. As a guy that has worked in both formats, please don't get the 2 confused.
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #11
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's really not. In the mornings I remember Tommy Moody reading off some local HS scores and Benji talking all over him to make some unfunny joke, while you can feel everyone else in the booth sitting there waiting for him to be done.

While others on programs are reading off news stories of interest and the like, he often will interrupt for no good reason to make off topic comments. I would be fine with him if he would just wait his turn in conversation, rather than interrupt, also if the jokes he was interrupting to make, were funnier. I've talked to Clemson fans and other non-USC fans, that say they like everyone on the air, except for Benji, who will get to hide behind 'it's because I'm a Clemson fan'.
Benji's humor is very juvenile. Borders on Beavis and Butthead sometimes. I understand he is serving his purpose, but his sports knowledge is no where near Bob and Tommy either.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
Benji's humor is very juvenile. Borders on Beavis and Butthead sometimes. I understand he is serving his purpose, but his sports knowledge is no where near Bob and Tommy either.
That sir is an insult to Beavis and Butthead.

Just kidding.
Two-time National Champs

Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I see the point that it's professional to send media to both the major conferences in the area; however, the morning show is anything but that.

It's actually hard for me the listen to at times with the complete lack of organization and the cluster that usually occurs anytime they have to answer callers for a contest (which it seems they never discuss in any form prior). I know it's difficult for these guys to get up early, but please come in at least 30-45 minutes prior to the show and sketch a rough outline of topics and do some form of research prior.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I see the point that it's professional to send media to both the major conferences in the area; however, the morning show is anything but that.

It's actually hard for me the listen to at times with the complete lack of organization and the cluster that usually occurs anytime they have to answer callers for a contest (which it seems they never discuss in any form prior). I know it's difficult for these guys to get up early, but please come in at least 30-45 minutes prior to the show and sketch a rough outline of topics and do some form of research prior.
For some reason I have a feeling the disfunction has a lot to do with Benji.
Two-time National Champs

Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #15
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
For some reason I have a feeling the disfunction has a lot to do with Benji.
It does but also on the station for allowing it to be the morning product.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I have never heard tater radio but I wonder if it is an editorial decision alone or a matter of resources. Taterville is a small town, Columbia's station in the bigger market is going to have more revenue to support the operation and have more staff.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote