CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
The Yancey
b381l
ZenUSC
evan_aggie
18IsTheMan
bigdog2003
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
Do we have any shot (2777)
Carolina opens -15.5 (2051)
What changes can and (1641)
Shaw: Check Out This (1457)
Gamecock football Lo (1316)
Don't tell me we don (1282)
Gamecocks claimed an (1188)
SOS Teleconference (1096)
Tanner McEvoy should (1092)
who thinks we need a (960)
SOS Teleconference
Shaw: Check Out This Head
Gamecock football Long Te
My Observations About USC
The Demise of the 3-4
What's your take on our a
Carolina opens -15.5
What changes can and will
Labor Day Weekend Eats
Mike Davis "doubtful

Old 07-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb
Default Stubhub

I ordered some tickets for the unc game the other day and the estimated delivery says they won't be here till the 28th, the tickets are general admission and it says the seller doesn't have the tickets yet, should I worry too much, anybody have a good experience using this service?
Old 07-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
QueenCityCockFan
1/2-Star Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
QueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudly
Send a message via Skype™ to QueenCityCockFan
Default Re: Stubhub

Sounds sketchy..
Old 07-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
rjmims6017
Learn to swim.

Male

CockyCash: 100812
rjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMr X
I ordered some tickets for the unc game the other day and the estimated delivery says they won't be here till the 28th, the tickets are general admission and it says the seller doesn't have the tickets yet, should I worry too much, anybody have a good experience using this service?
I use them often. Never had any trouble. If you don't get your tickets Stubhub will give you your money back.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 07-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
CarolinaLaw12

CockyCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMr X View Post
You'll be fine. How much did you spend? I honestly think there will be tickets for face outside the stadium 5 minutes after kick off. Thursday night games aren't usually impossible to get tickets to. Should be a bit more difficult than Southern Miss a few years ago but nothing like the UGA this past season.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmims6017 View Post
I use them often. Never had any trouble. If you don't get your tickets Stubhub will give you your money back.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
I think what he is getting at is he doesn't want his money back, he wants his tickets before the day of the game.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

120 per, it just seems odd, but their policy is the seller and the buyer can't communicate with each other, and yes I just want to be there that night tickets in hand with no issues.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
rjmims6017
Learn to swim.

Male

CockyCash: 100812
rjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
I think what he is getting at is he doesn't want his money back, he wants his tickets before the day of the game.
No kidding?? Thanks for your translation. He asked if anyone has used StubHub and I have so I shared my experiences. I have never not had tickets to a game using StubHub.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
CarolinaLaw12

CockyCash:

Quote:
120 per, it just seems odd, but their policy is the seller and the buyer can't communicate with each other, and yes I just want to be there that night tickets in hand with no issues.
I think you'll be just fine. I can understand why you're freaking out though.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Have tickets even been mailed yet?

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmims6017 View Post
No kidding?? Thanks for your translation. He asked if anyone has used StubHub and I have so I shared my experiences. I have never not had tickets to a game using StubHub.
Do you really need to respond that way... really?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #11
darrena
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
darrena is learning to peckdarrena is learning to peck

I order NBA tickets all the time through stubhub but I have never been told to wait that long on tickets or had any problems. If the seller messes up StubHub will pay you back so you won't lose $ but you may lose out on the game, though they claim to try and find you an alternative/equivalent seat....
darrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #12
gamecockfan07
Walk On

Male

gamecockfan07 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
You can call stub hub and ask. They will call the seller for you. I've had them do it a few times. There is no general admission at Williams Brice so I guess your seats will be anywhere in the stadium.
gamecockfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #13
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

Quote:
Yeah, if buyer and seller could communicate outside the site, they'd just agree to sell personally and cut out the blood-sucking ticket marketplace monopoly. If only...

To your question:

From the StubHub website: http://www.stubhub.com/fanprotect-update/

If you do not receive the tickets you ordered on or before the expected delivery date set forth in the email you received when you placed your order:
StubHub will attempt to locate the tickets you ordered and work with the seller or shipping carrier to try to get them delivered to you prior to the event. If StubHub is unable to get the tickets you ordered delivered to you in time for the event, StubHub will attempt to find comparable or better (to be determined by StubHub) replacement tickets to fulfill the order at no additional cost to you. If replacement tickets cannot be found, cannot be delivered in time for the event, or the time for the event has passed, StubHub will issue you a refund for the cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges.

From this, it sounds like gamecockfan07 has a good idea in calling StubHub. If you can get them on it proactively, you'll definitely have a better chance of ensuring you get what you paid for.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

have never had a problem with stubhub
Old 07-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #15
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

They are probably listed as general admission because the seller didn't tell stubhub where the seats are. As someone stated above there are no gen admission seats at WB.

Tickets won't ship until sometime in august so then they have to go through two hands to get to you from stubhub.
doc
Old 07-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #16
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCocks09CSOL View Post
Yeah, if buyer and seller could communicate outside the site, they'd just agree to sell personally and cut out the blood-sucking ticket marketplace monopoly. If only...

To your question:

From the StubHub website: http://www.stubhub.com/fanprotect-update/

If you do not receive the tickets you ordered on or before the expected delivery date set forth in the email you received when you placed your order:

StubHub will attempt to locate the tickets you ordered and work with the seller or shipping carrier to try to get them delivered to you prior to the event. If StubHub is unable to get the tickets you ordered delivered to you in time for the event, StubHub will attempt to find comparable or better (to be determined by StubHub) replacement tickets to fulfill the order at no additional cost to you. If replacement tickets cannot be found, cannot be delivered in time for the event, or the time for the event has passed, StubHub will issue you a refund for the cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges.

From this, it sounds like gamecockfan07 has a good idea in calling StubHub. If you can get them on it proactively, you'll definitely have a better chance of ensuring you get what you paid for.

...you mean like HERE, or HERE?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Dang, for $120 a ticket you may have been better off buying season tickets and selling the games you don't go to.

You'll have no issues with Stubhub. They are very reliable.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

You could have waited for the school to release them to the public for $60.

Anyway, I have never had any problems with stubhub or razorgator. They both guarantee your tickets. So if they are fake, or you don't get them, they will give you your money back.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #19
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
I've used them about 10 times over the years and it has worked out perfectly every time.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #20
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
They are probably listed as general admission because the seller didn't tell stubhub where the seats are. As someone stated above there are no gen admission seats at WB.

Tickets won't ship until sometime in august so then they have to go through two hands to get to you from stubhub.
doc
The seller has to tell exactly where the seats are located to be able to sell them.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote