CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
b381l
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
The Yancey
conwaycock2
Travelin
Freshman ND WR " (1224)
Good Riddance to bad (627)
The Comeback & T (560)
Bashing Players, coa (464)
ESPN Game Day Commen (425)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (415)
Keeping tailgate foo (399)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (346)
Simple "yes&quo (301)
TeMarcus Blanton (291)
Phil Steele just predicte
Simple "yes" or
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
TeMarcus Blanton
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Why I think we beat Aubur
Rest of the season predic
Battlefield 4
ESPN Game Day Comments Re

Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
RockmartCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
RockmartCock has feathers coming inRockmartCock has feathers coming inRockmartCock has feathers coming in
Default Charleston Question

Is anybody here from the Charleston area? Is it a good place to live and continue raising my family? I may have a HUGE decision to make and any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks…
RockmartCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Charleston Question

Originally from summerville. There are some nice places in the area but I wouldn't live IN charleston. Maybe around goose creek or summerville
Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

I live in Charleston. It's a great place to live and there is tons of stuff to do. Like the person above me, I don't know that I'd want to spend the money or deal with the traffic living on the peninsula (downtown Charleston), but the outlying islands (James Island, Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley) all have some very nice affordable areas.

You do have to get used to regular rush hour traffic and driving about 30 minutes to get anywhere on the other side of town. It's not bad compared to any major city, but for people used to normal SC driving, a 30-minute commute is a lot for some.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to answer them, or at least try. If your question is just generally whether it's a nice place to live, well, I'd have to say yes, since it seems that a lot of South Carolinians want to move and live here.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

North Charleston is great, near the train tracks
Old 07-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Early Bird Cafe........... seriously, go get you some.

http://www.earlybirddiner.com/
Old 07-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I'm a native and we moved away, and you can have that entire area because it's infested with Ohio garbage who think it's really neat that you can see the sun more than 3 weeks out of the year. I love how they immediately go buy a Palmetto decal so they can be "official" Charlestonians. I think they should be all rounded up and sent to prison camps.

By the way, Summerville and Goose Creek are for dipshits that drive around in their SUVs in Croakies and Costas and are scared to go to Downtown Charleston because that's where all the undesirables are, so they stay out in the suburbs and eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and Chili's and do boring things like play golf and talk about their kids' soccer goals. If that's the sort of generic, boring life you want to lead, then have at it. Don't forget you'll be paying MORE for the boring life through a higher cost of living.

I at least respect people who live downtown more, because they have balls.

So my advice is to move to Detroit.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #7
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I'm a native and we moved away, and you can have that entire area because it's infested with Ohio garbage who think it's really neat that you can see the sun more than 3 weeks out of the year. I love how they immediately go buy a Palmetto decal so they can be "official" Charlestonians. I think they should be all rounded up and sent to prison camps.

I don't because most of them are the ohioians you were talking about
Old 07-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:

By the way, Summerville and Goose Creek are for dipshits that drive around in their SUVs in Croakies and Costas and are scared to go to Downtown Charleston because that's where all the undesirables are, so they stay out in the suburbs and eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and Chili's and do boring things like play golf and talk about their kids' soccer goals. If that's the sort of generic, boring life you want to lead, then have at it. Don't forget you'll be paying MORE for the boring life through a higher cost of living.

I saw a sticker on a minivan today that was a blue oval with OH O, and the I was the Palmetto. I was LIVID!!!!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
I don't because most of them are the ohioians you were talking about
The TOURISTS downtown are from Ohio. Even they can't afford to live on the Peninsula. Those old money, uppity, tourist haters would never allow someone from above the Crosstown live down there.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
doc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 0
doc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spurs

Quote:

Were you on the "sauce" when you wrote this?
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I saw a sticker on a minivan today that was a blue oval with OH O, and the I was the Palmetto. I was LIVID!!!!
Prepare to be infuriated. Was it this?

That is miserable.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

My wife and I live downtown near the Citadel. She works downtown and I work in Mt. Pleasant. I love our location because it is in the city, yet away from the traffic. For people just moving here, unless you're used to traffic, then you may want to look on the outskirts. Mt. Pleasant is much better since they opened it up to 6 lanes on 17. Great area and probably the better schools. I'd say stay away from Summerville. The area is like Charleston in the sense of small city, but way too populated. Tourism is killing the residents, trust me. And I agree w/spareparts, Ohioans are the worst.

If ya wanna know specifics (cost of living, jobs, etc.), let me know.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #13
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Prepare to be infuriated. Was it this?

That is miserable.
This is disgusting
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #14
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
This is disgusting
It gets worse. These are apparently a "thing" now. Google completed my search when I had only typed in "Ohio Pa" to "Ohio palmetto tree sticker". And this was just one of many samplings available for purchase. Whyyyyyy
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Yep...that's the sticker. I was riding with my boss and she said "we need to cover it with a 'gobacktoohio.com' sticker".

Oh lawd y'all...Spare will have a coronary when he sees that sticker.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #16
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 200
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Quote:

This is amazing. I have a few college friends who have moved there and they love it. Ironically, they're from....you guessed it...Ohio.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Moved from Columbia to Charleston in 2003 and I'll never go back. And trust me, Charelston is 10x better than Rockmart, GA
Old 07-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Yep...that's the sticker. I was riding with my boss and she said "we need to cover it with a 'gobacktoohio.com' sticker".

Oh lawd y'all...Spare will have a coronary when he sees that sticker.
It makes me nauseous.saw one in Lexington as well as one that looks like the I love (heart shape) NY logo that says I love SC with a red Ohio shape.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
minnow11
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 11824
minnow11 is learning to peck
Default Charleston Question

Y'all cray cray. Charleston rocks! I'm sitting in my cold tub aka jacuzzi sipping on some blueberry vodka and watching pelicans fly over head. Nothing could be finer. Cray cray!
minnow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #20
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I'm shooting for living in Summerville or Goose Creek one day....I love Costas and my croakies too.