CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
Lonnie
elcid99
COCKYTALKIN
Rooster'srule
Master Bedroom
Roosterboy
ertman420
garnet_black215
Clemson Recruiting.. (4892)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (2378)
My predictions for 2 (698)
An Aggies View of th (377)
Good Article on Aubu (316)
Tennessee (301)
SEC Recruiting Advan (286)
Clowney in Practice (223)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (217)
Galaxy vs Seatle (151)
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Clemson Recruiting...how
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Question on Student Secti
Tennessee
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Hello Gamecocks!
My predictions for 2014
Galaxy vs Seatle

Old 07-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
cockycat
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
cockycat is learning to peckcockycat is learning to peck
Default UNC - Fedora

I'm in NC, just watched the news, and Larry Fedora said he's not afraid of Clowney. He sounded confident. Is this good or bad?
cockycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit
Default Re: UNC - Fedora

It means absolutely nothing.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Means nothing at all. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
clemsux614
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 375
clemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his comb

Larry Fedora should just remember what happen to him last time he had made a visit to Williams Brice! He was super confident before that game too. So apparently him being confident doesn't mean much.
clemsux614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Sure he isn't scared, he won't be on the field.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
CarolinaLaw12

CockyCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsux614 View Post
Larry Fedora should just remember what happen to him last time he had made a visit to Williams Brice! He was super confident before that game too. So apparently him being confident doesn't mean much.
Lattimore's first game, I'll never forget it!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Fedora is a poor man's Bobby Petrino. I remember him publicly claiming that his Southern Miss team was going to come into Williams-Brice and handle our 2010 squad.

I see it this way, Fedora's no huddle isn't half as effective as Clemson's is, and we all know how the Clemson fast paced attack has fared against our D.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
clemsux614
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 375
clemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaLaw12 View Post
Lattimore's first game, I'll never forget it!
Yeah it was awesome. I remember this guy that was sitting beside me said he laid down 140 on the cocks and gave up the points and we needed one more TD. We ended up getting it and threw peanuts and popcorn every where. lol
clemsux614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

First of all, Fedora is a hell of a football coach.

Second, If you believe anyone on the UNC side is somehow 'scared' of us you are delusional and can't possibly have ever played a down of competitive football at any level what so ever.

We will win and #7 will be next to unstoppable and make plays all over the field but Fedora is not some how afraid to play us.
LBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
Jmansour333
Walk On

Male

Jmansour333 has feathers coming inJmansour333 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
First of all, Fedora is a hell of a football coach.

Second, If you believe anyone on the UNC side is somehow 'scared' of us you are delusional and can't possibly have ever played a down of competitive football at any level what so ever.

We will win and #7 will be next to unstoppable and make plays all over the field but Fedora is not some how afraid to play us.
" You will lose."
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2c3Y2i-...%3D2c3Y2i-1mD0

Last edited by Jmansour333; 07-23-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Forgot this.
Jmansour333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #11
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockycat View Post
I'm in NC, just watched the news, and Larry Fedora said he's not afraid of Clowney. He sounded confident. Is this good or bad?
This is what he said during the ACC Kickoff:

Quote:
Does Fedora fear South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney?
"I don't plan on him hitting me," Fedora said. "Unless he comes over there and knocks me out, I'm not going to fear him. But all kidding aside, the guy's a great football player, maybe the best college football player there is. I don't know, that's still to be seen, but he definitely has the potential to be."
Old 07-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockycat View Post
It starts at ~3:45 in the video on the following website.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/vid.../#/vid12690856
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #13
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Fedora also said this:

Quote:
Dijana Kunovac ‏@dijana_kunovac Fedora said there is def. a lot of concern about this year's o-line and that a right tackle has yet to be determined.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #14
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

This isn't directed towards anyone in this thread (or CT in general) but:

I hate it when a COACH (not a player) says something positive about his team and how they are ready to play and not scared of an opponent, etc. etc. etc. and the fans of the opponent take it to the heart. Want it to be used as bulliten board material. Get real offended and want kill the team who said it.

Like, what do you want Larry Fedora to say? "Yeah, I'm kind of worried about Clowney and the hostility of Williams-Brice Stadium. Not to confident going in, don't even see why were going. I've been telling the boys that we're probably going to get our ass cut."

Even if that's what he truly thought...he can't say that for the sake of his job.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #15
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post

I hate it when a COACH (not a player) says something positive about his team and how they are ready to play and not scared of an opponent, etc. etc. etc. and the fans of the opponent take it to the heart. Want it to be used as bulliten board material. Get real offended and want kill the team who said it.

Like, what do you want Larry Fedora to say? "Yeah, I'm kind of worried about Clowney and the hostility of Williams-Brice Stadium. Not to confident going in, don't even see why were going. I've been telling the boys that we're probably going to get our ass cut."

Even if that's what he truly thought...he can't say that for the sake of his job.

You are being entirely too logical and level headed for this thread....you should be banned!!!!

LOL!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #16
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post

well Lou Holtz went through an entire career making it seem like every team he faced was super bowl champions
Gamecock303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

The quotes I've seen from Clowney seemed to reference the DL and defense, not just himself. So many reactions are focussed just on Clowney. He won't and doesn't have to do all the damage.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #18
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

He says what a HC needs to say to give his team a chance however small that chance may be.
And I agree, he is a very good coach.
doc
Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #19
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
He says what a HC needs to say to give his team a chance however small that chance may be.
And I agree, he is a very good coach.
doc

Why do you always say DOC after every post?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #20
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
well Lou Holtz went through an entire career making it seem like every team he faced was super bowl champions
I'm not saying it should be like that either, but it's just respect. This is college football, not backyard pick up football. You don't just trash talk the opponent whenever or where ever you want.

You give them respect, and let the game be decided on the field and not in the news paper clippings before the game.

Well, at least, that's how I was brought up. Honestly cannot name one coach that I like or really know of that will go to the media and downgrade every opponent they play. I like the norm. I like Steve Spurrier say "Well, we got Wofford this week. They want to beat us, and they can." Knowing damn well if Wofford beat us people would call for his head because they shouldn't beat us ever anymore.

Now I'm not going to lie, it's fun to see 2 coaches bicker at each other before games (Spurrier/Dabo). But normally, during a normal game, I'd rather see both just say the politically correct thing. I can see how that would get boring though (ie Bill Belichick)