CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
Regalcock
Polls (3304)
Gameday in Columbia (2927)
Gameday Sign Ideas (2557)
Clem5on fans are bes (1652)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1490)
Why Weren't We Bette (1441)
SEC East Race as of (1161)
ST coach fired this (1125)
Let's talk about Mat (965)
Hardest Schedule (953)
Chode @ FSU/Clemson?
Gameday Sign Ideas
Is it possible for our Sp
Celebrity Guest Picker...
ST coach fired this week
D line pressure
Why Weren't We Better Pre
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Gameday in Columbia
Clem5on fans are beside t

Old 07-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Chainsaw
Garnet & Black Realist

Male

CockyCash: 1087000
Chainsaw is learning to peckChainsaw is learning to peck
Default Tim Hudson injury

Hope Huddy is ok. Major leg injury. Pray for a Braves great one. Was carted off the field with an apparent ankle injury from a play on the bags.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787
Default Re: Tim Hudson injury

Oh man hope he's okay. I stopped watching once it was 6-0 so I didn't realize he got hurt.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
Chainsaw
Garnet & Black Realist

Male

Did not look good at all. We'll see.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Looked very unnecessary to me, could even say a cheap shot. He was out by two steps.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
Chainsaw
Garnet & Black Realist

Male

Well.. I 1st thought that, then I saw Eric Young Jr over there checking on him and went to the dugout in tears. I think it was accident.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

He is gonna be done for a while. I think his ankle is broken, at least that's the way it looked on the TV
Old 07-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #7
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Looked very unnecessary to me, could even say a cheap shot. He was out by two steps.
In no way was that a cheap shot.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ridiculous. You see his reaction when it happened? EY is a class act.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #9
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
really? go take a lap...

Huddy hauled ass to cover the base once the ball bounced off Freeman's chest. He blindly planted his foot when he turned toward Freeman and his foot overhung the edge of the base by a good bit. Young was busting ass down the line, and him stepping on him was a complete accident. Was the first to him once he realized he went down, and was the first by his side once he was put on the cart. Hell, he never left the area until he was safely loaded up and carted off. Was wiping his eyes going back into the dugout.

With the exception of certain few douchebag players, nobody in the league wants to hurt anybody else. Especially a young guy who accidentally hurts a veteran. Especially with the respect and love from the baseball community that Huddy's earned in his years.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
Chainsaw
Garnet & Black Realist

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
Ridiculous. You see his reaction when it happened? EY is a class act.

Young clearly felt bad. I don't think it was a spiking attempt. This may be it for Huddy. Hope not but that was a major high ankle injury.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Just saw the replay of it. I almost wish I hadn't watched...that was pretty gruesome. Feel horrible for Huddy.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #12
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

No way he did it on purpose. Reason 1, players don't try to hurt each other in baseball. Maybe some cheap shot guys in football but not baseball. Reason 2, Young would have been taking as much chance on hurting himself just as bad or worse. Anybody remember when Jason Kendall broke his ankle stepping on the base wrong? And he wasn't trying to do anything but beat a throw.

Plays at 1st base are always dangerous, its the reason youth levels have gone to the double base. I can't remember how many times I have seen kids run into each other on plays similar to this over the years. I saw a guy get a fractured jaw playing softball trying to make a play at 1st. The runner and him ran right into each other, it was nasty.

Hopefully Hudson can make it back from this. I'm not a Braves fan, but respect the game and guys that do it the right way.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #13
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

They are reporting a fractured ankle.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #14
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Quote:
Yeah I'm not sure how you can truly believe that. Young is a very fast runner, so two steps is a lot quicker in this case than the average baserunner.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #15
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Despite the display of concern afterward, Young could have easily avoided spiking Huddy and it looked to me that he chose not to.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #16
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

Fractured ankle, will have season ending surgery once the swelling subsides. Definitely done for the season, probably done in a Braves uni, possibly done all together. Very sad.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #17
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Re: Tim Hudson injury

Quote:
Despite the display of concern afterward, Young could have easily avoided spiking Huddy and it looked to me that he chose not to.
Hudson was in the middle of the bag because he misstepped while catching the toss. Young was bustin it down the line. This was not his fault.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #18
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyjordan3 View Post
Hudson was in the middle of the bag because he misstepped while catching the toss. Young was bustin it down the line. This was not his fault.
Not buyin it. He was out by two steps, was not going to be a close play at all. Young had plenty of time to hit the bag without hitting ankle.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:15 AM   #19
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervous

Changing direction when you are running full speed down the baseline (Young is really fast also) is nearly impossible. When Young saw Freeman misplay that ball he believes he has a chance to beat it out to potentially start a rally. Due to Young's speed and Freeman misplaying the ball Huddy didn't have a chance to find the bag and get set, and unfortunately found the middle of the base with his foot. Young couldn't have done anything about he was busting his tail down the line like he should have been. It was a freak injury with no malicious intent whatsoever. Young was crying in the dugout after it. Hudson is one of the most respected guys in the league and has been one of the best pitchers in it for a long part of his career too. I hate to see him go down, he's in the category with Marcus for me as a guy that I will always have a ton of respect for. This one hurts, badly. Hope we see him back in the bigs and even more so back in a Braves uni, but it probably isn't going to happen.
uscbaseball32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #20
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not buyin it. He was out by two steps, was not going to be a close play at all. Young had plenty of time to hit the bag without hitting ankle.

in no way, shape, or form was that incident intentional.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote