CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
thumpin big
talon
smoovecock
markymark550
b381l
CockyGuy
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (1445)
Chattanooga upends N (951)
NEW Pics from South (647)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (345)
This Doctor Fell In (298)
Happy Thanksgiving C (227)
Strategy First Steam (137)
Penniless: Creed's S (105)
Texans getting frustrated
Constant Updates on Watso
Name a Gamecock
2015 Commitment - Arden K
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Palmetto Bowl
Bowl projections
Carolina/Clemson game dre

Old 07-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material
Default Just re-watched the 09 Ole Miss game...

And I forgot how bad our o-line was. Horrible. We ended the game with 5 three and outs in a row. 5. Its amazing how far we have come, even though that was a good team. And it reminds me how good Shaw is too. The game is out on YouTube if you want to catch it.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Just re-watched the 09 Ole Miss game...

The birth of Sandstorm. That was an epic game. Beat #3 deserving or not

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
atlcocky
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
atlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his comb

I was looking for that one on in You Tube last weekend and couldn't find it.
atlcocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

That team had no chemistry. But it had some guys that were pretty good.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
atlcocky
Recruit

Female

atlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his comb

Ok, I found it and am only into the first quarter. Wow- I just realized how far we have come in the last two years or so. We had position talent back then, but as someone said already, no cohesiveness. Our lines on both sides were so lacking. A UT friend of mine asked me how excited I was about the season this week and our chances was surprised that I was so neutral ( obviously not a gamecock fan). Now I'm feeling pretty good. We are not Bama by any means but we have def moved up a level my friends. Oh, and I forgot how much I loved Norwood!
atlcocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

The link..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFGL...e_gdata_player
Old 07-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #7
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

And sandstorm was born.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
And I forgot how bad our o-line was. Horrible. We ended the game with 5 three and outs in a row. 5. Its amazing how far we have come, even though that was a good team. And it reminds me how good Shaw is too. The game is out on YouTube if you want to catch it.
It wasn't that much better last year. Thank goodness we made up for it at QB RB and WR.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Shepard Smith (FOX), an Ole Miss grad, said after that game that of all the stadiums, the Gamecock stadium in that game was the loudest.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
That team had no chemistry. But it had some guys that were pretty good.
I don't know man, I think that was the first team since 2001 that was really out there playing for each other... it was scattered and hectic and missing leadership at the top (that falls on Garcia...), but that team, especially the defense with D Stew as the vocal leader, put it on the line for each other.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

So glad that I got to attend this one. The atmosphere was amazing, second only to when I was at the UGA game last year.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
So glad that I got to attend this one. The atmosphere was amazing, second only to when I was at the UGA game last year.
two of my top five games ever at willyb
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #13
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Alabama game was LOUD. But the loudest I have ever heard that stadium was when Ace returned the punt against Georgia and broke that last tackle at the 40.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #14
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Mississippi State. They were top 15. Physical and brash. The stadium was loud. This was the Eric Kimrey's The Fade game.

My top before that was the 20-7 win over Clempson when Brad Edward's returned rodney's pass for a TD.

Not a season ticket holder so I missed some of the others that you are talking about.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #15
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

What stood out to me after rewatching that game. 1. How good our defense was that year, they been really good ever since that season really. 2. Just the overall sloppiness and lack of poise and lack of confidence in what were trying to do on offense. Not catching the ball very well. Not handling the blitz very well. Panicking when they send pressure and making poor throws or throwing the ball not on time. Costly penalties at wrong absolute worst times. 3. We got some absolutely horrible spots in that game. Maybe that means we are getting a little more respect now.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #16
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

The lines were a lot thinner on both sides of the ball. The talent level has raised a lot even from then.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #17
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I was at that game and it was loud. Me and my dad went and his ears hurt for three or four days after
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #18
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

#2 is what I see in that game. Our offensive line was bad at times last year, but it was like a jailbreak every snap that game. No protection at all. Garcia was bad. Missed several throws badly. It makes you appreciate the fact that we can at least usually give Shaw a couple of seconds, and how efficient Shaw is. Our offense is 100 times better now.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #19
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
I was at that game and it was loud. Me and my dad went and his ears hurt for three or four days after
Yep, everyone was screaming and beating on the aluminum seatbacks when they had the ball and it completely took their offense out of the game. The stadium was pretty loud for the UGA game last year, particularly as mentioned after Ace returned that punt for a TD, but the Ole Miss game was at another level. Like I've posted before, it felt like my brain was scrambled.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #20
thegreatord
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2700
thegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPit

what ever happen to Nutt or Nix?

GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!
thegreatord is offline   Reply With Quote