CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
NinjaSven
l^l^lBGCock
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
Lonnie
CoverTwo
Regalcock
johnnyb
Rivalry Thoughts and (3280)
How is Shaq Davidson (1570)
Perspective on our g (1213)
Currently 2nd in att (858)
SEC referees? (749)
Alshon - Bose (660)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (563)
Defense and offense (536)
How cool would it be (495)
Brad Lawing (394)
Palmetto Bowl
Clemson Stadium Gamecock
Good Omen for Saturday?
Brad Lawing
weekend conference Predic
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
How is Shaq Davidson's re
Playstation 4
How cool would it be to..

Old 07-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
hubbarjm
Count of Monte Fisto

Male

CockyCash: 200
hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons
Default Mark Richt on Clowney

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

I hate Georgia.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly
Default Re: Mark Richt on Clowney

Mark Richt has lost control of Clowney!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
Tom7956
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Tom7956 is learning to peck

Sounds like UGA is already starting to make excuses for their 1-1 start to this upcoming season.
Tom7956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1234
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_ARE View Post
Mark Richt has lost control of Clowney!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Either he had some compliments for Clowney and the writer totally blew it out of context or, Those were the absolute biggest sarcastic remarks I've ever heard Mark Richt say about a college football player.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

It's gotta be sarcasm from CMR.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Either he was sarcastic with his comments, or the article turned it sarcatic.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material

I can't tell if he is being sarcastic or not, but at a minimum he is being careful not to say anything stupid. Richt also makes the comment, "You pretty much know how Clowney is going to line up. So you can scheme him easier than you scheme Johnny Football."

Spurrier has already been pretty vocal about how they are going to move Clowney all around this year so teams can't scheme against him. I think the kid is going to be a wrecking ball and Richt isn't going to know what hit him.

The audio is here:

http://www.macon.com/2013/07/29/2580...-football.html
Old 07-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone View Post
I can't tell if he is being sarcastic or not, but at a minimum he is being careful not to say anything stupid. Richt also makes the comment, "You pretty much know how Clowney is going to line up. So you can scheme him easier than you scheme Johnny Football."

Spurrier has already been pretty vocal about how they are going to move Clowney all around this year so teams can't scheme against him. I think the kid is going to be a wrecking ball and Richt isn't going to know what hit him.

The audio is here:

http://www.macon.com/2013/07/29/2580...-football.html
Well for a guy who can scheme pretty well against Clowney he sure looked confused and abused in the game last year. He didn't have a clue what to do to stop us.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Richt being sarcastic or not, he does know and has been on the receiving end of JD's impact in handling him two losses the past two years in a row. One thing for sure, Richt knows not to give JD additional motivation/reasons to decapitate his QBs and or RBs.
Go JD, Go Cocks get another win over them Dawgs!!!
CockOla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #11
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Read the comments. Haters are still mentioning Taylor Lewan. Lmao! Get over it. Even the best of the best get stuffed sometimes, otherwise you'd see guys like Clowney with 50 sacks. Get real! Lewan is a stud, but that doesn't mean sh1t for Jadaveon's talent.

And yeah, Richt is being sarcastic, so what?
Old 07-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

To me, it seems like he is just adding to the hype, because the more it builds the harder it is going to be for Clowney to live up to it.

Everyone is going to expect him to have a "Michigan Hit" type play every game and if he struggles at all there could be some negative vibes start coming out.

Just my opinion from seeing TN have so many talented guys get hyped up early in their career and then struggle to meet those levels their last year in school.
Ericvol2096 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #13
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Read the comments. Haters are still mentioning Taylor Lewan. Lmao! Get over it. Even the best of the best get stuffed sometimes, otherwise you'd see guys like Clowney with 50 sacks. Get real! Lewan is a stud, but that doesn't mean sh1t for Jadaveon's talent.

I disagree with the assessment that he handled clowney all day. I watched the replay multiple times and when lewan got his ass beat the play just happened to go to the other side. Its called "paying attention"..And I am in no way calling you out, but just stating the facts in general.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #14
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
To me, it seems like he is just adding to the hype, because the more it builds the harder it is going to be for Clowney to live up to it.

Everyone is going to expect him to have a "Michigan Hit" type play every game and if he struggles at all there could be some negative vibes start coming out.

Just my opinion from seeing TN have so many talented guys get hyped up early in their career and then struggle to meet those levels their last year in school.
come on man those hits happen once in a lifetime....Clowney is the best player to play defense in a very long time no one is gonna say anything negative about him

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #15
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

One of Clowney's sacks this year is going to be CMR.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

If by a michigan hit you mean one that greatly affects the outcome of the game, maybe. Out seems like he did with ut last year

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #17
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 800
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

Taylor Lewan is a stud. But, if you look a the tape of the bowl game, you see that his first move against JD was his right hand going to the side of the helmet. If the officials would ever call holding, just how good would Lewan appear?
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #18
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post

Old 07-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #19
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

In before Yazoo complains about Lewan lying and not being a first round pick.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #20
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
If by a michigan hit you mean one that greatly affects the outcome of the game, maybe. Out seems like he did with ut last year
Yea that is what I am saying...I just think people are expecting him to have a game changing type effect everytime he steps on the field.

He reminds me of Eric Berry when he was at TN. His first two seasons he had something like 14 INT's and was under a 100 yards behind the all time INT return yardage record before his JR. year. He had something absurd like 400 a year the first two years. (don't quote me on these numbers I don't feel like looking it up right now).

Then his third year defenses threw away from him, our Dcoordinator needed him more in the run game and people were "disappointed" that he wasn't making these crazy plays every game.

I can see that happening with Clowney, getting double and triple teamed every game and he probably won't have as big an impact as he had last year.
Ericvol2096 is online now   Reply With Quote