CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
The Yancey
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
Decommitment from Te (1137)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (876)
Cleveland Browns Hea (722)
Garcia and Clemsux T (702)
Four USC Basketball (370)
Need a dog kennel (310)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (242)
Bowl packages (206)
Former Gamecock root (200)
5 apps to turn your (200)
2015 - Mark Fields
Cleveland Browns Headshot
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Former Gamecock rooting f
The Vent and Coaching cha
QB Next Season?
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
looks like we have 2 OL r
The U ends apparel deal w


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3
 
cack's Avatar
 
Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 24,401
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Question What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

It doesn't have to be life threatening or anything that scared you in the moment, but something that happened that either then or after you looked back at it scared the day lights out of you.

Mine is probably a no brainer for most of you. It'd have to be the fall. When it happened everyone just thought it was a broken nose. After hearing everything that was messed up, and the way I fell and the angle of everything. It could have been a LOT worse.

I've also lit a gas grill after the gas had been running for a little while. I opened the lid and waited before I lit it, but apparently not long enough. The fire was no less than 6 inches from my face.
__________________
Join the CockyTalk Business Networking Group

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools
 
5150harley's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Richburg, SC
Posts: 1,601
CockyCash: 500
5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Me and my wife were in a motorcycle wreck in 2007. Fall rally at the beach a cop car was chasing another motorcycle and clipped the front of my bike. I was running about 45. I had no where to go but down. I knew I was going down and tried to hold my wife.

I went over the handle bars and broke bones. I tried to pick myself up my right elbow was hanging out. What was scary, my wife was lying on the ground unconscious. Until I got over to her I did not know if she was dead or not. We were both o.k. I just had broke bones and she had a concussion.

Another scary motorcycle incident was I was getting ready to ride and I could hear police car sirens in the distant. When I fired up the bike, a man approached me from behind and said he had been robbed and needed a ride. I put 2 & 2 together. I could tell he had been running. I asked him if he wanted some water, he said yes. So I told him I had some in my saddle bag reached in and grabbed my pistol. Made him get on the ground and I called 911.

They said the cops were looking for him. I said I had him at gun point. Cops were there in no time. I still went on my ride after they apprehended him.
__________________
5150harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law
 
catdaddy66's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lugoff, SC
Posts: 6,244
CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

That would probably be the day that 3 friends and I went to the rapids behind Riverbanks Zoo for some sun and fun on a Saturday in 1986. We made our way out onto a nice flat, exposed rock in the middle of the river as several dozen others had done and enjoyed the water while drinking a few brews.

I began to notice that our rock seemed smaller and looked up to see the red light warning (no siren EVER sounded!) and told the others we needed to go! From then to the time we reached near the shore the water went from toe deep to hip deep and moving like a zone read play!! It was very scary! We all made it but lost the beer, our shoes and towels, etc. no one got hurt that day but now I know why it's common to read of people drowning a lot there.
__________________
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
cack
ONE NINE 3
 
cack's Avatar
 
Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 24,401
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150harley View Post
Me and my wife were in a motorcycle wreck in 2007. Fall rally at the beach a cop car was chasing another motorcycle and clipped the front of my bike. I was running about 45. I had no where to go but down. I knew I was going down and tried to hold my wife.

I went over the handle bars and broke bones. I tried to pick myself up my right elbow was hanging out. What was scary, my wife was lying on the ground unconscious. Until I got over to her I did not know if she was dead or not. We were both o.k. I just had broke bones and she had a concussion.

Another scary motorcycle incident was I was getting ready to ride and I could hear police car sirens in the distant. When I fired up the bike, a man approached me from behind and said he had been robbed and needed a ride. I put 2 & 2 together. I could tell he had been running. I asked him if he wanted some water, he said yes. So I told him I had some in my saddle bag reached in and grabbed my pistol. Made him get on the ground and I called 911.

They said the cops were looking for him. I said I had him at gun point. Cops were there in no time. I still went on my ride after they apprehended him.

Wow, glad everyone is ok from that first one. The 2nd one sounds awesome though.

That reminded me though. I used to race go karts and had moved up to a new class. We were late being signed up, because they moved us up after we were there, so I had to start in the back. The very first lap of the very first heat race. I was coming around 4 and saw the girl in front of me had spun out. Back then, the karts were set up that if you let off the gas it woudl stall (safety feature). Well, you didn't HAVE TO have that, and apparently hers didn't have it. I rolled off the gas to slow down and go around her. She gunned it and turned to turn around and get back going. Well, she turned in my direction right as I was coming by. She turned and hit my front left and since she was coming up it shot me into the air. All I remember is seeing the clear blue sky and waking up as the paramedics were feet from me. Everyone watching said I went no less than 10 feet in the air and landed on my head with the cart falling on top of me. I had a concusion, but otherwise not a scratch on me. My parents flipped out though and made me stop racing. To this day, my dad still will randomly say "Man, I wished we wouldn't have pulled you out of racing. You could tear it up out there." haha
__________________
Join the CockyTalk Business Networking Group

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
TKE226
Damn Yankee
 
TKE226's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 15,407
CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

in college when she pulled out an EPT... or childbirth...no I'm kidding

no...umm when I was like 7, my neighbors were putting an addition on their house. I was up on the roof and we had to jump down. I slipped trying to jump, and fell, into the pit dug around the foundation, smacked my head on the way down very hard.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate
 
ColaCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tampa
Posts: 15,119
CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
That would probably be the day that 3 friends and I went to the rapids behind Riverbanks Zoo for some sun and fun on a Saturday in 1986. We made our way out onto a nice flat, exposed rock in the middle of the river as several dozen others had done and enjoyed the water while drinking a few brews.

I began to notice that our rock seemed smaller and looked up to see the red light warning (no siren EVER sounded!) and told the others we needed to go! From then to the time we reached near the shore the water went from toe deep to hip deep and moving like a zone read play!! It was very scary! We all made it but lost the beer, our shoes and towels, etc. no one got hurt that day but now I know why it's common to read of people drowning a lot there.
Hmm, I'd like to say we must know each other and were there together that particular day...but I am sure it happens more than you would think.

We never heard a siren either but noticed rocks disappearing as we sat out there drinking a few and hanging out. By the time we were able to collect our stuff and head back, it got REALLY bad.

So bad, in fact, that the fire department had to come out and save a couple of people from high rocks (including one dog). I remember a couple of firemen suiting up in special onesie suits, wearing helmets, and carrying long thick sticks to maneuver around. Shortly afterwards, a news helicopter was flying around the scene.

I lost my wallet that day (it was on the bank). About 2 years later, someone from the CPD called me- someone had turned it in! Still had my school ID, license, and some other cards I had likely already canceled.
__________________


ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
bullardt
Game MVP
 
bullardt's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Columbia
Posts: 1,622
CockyCash: 550
bullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudly
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

I was at the TNT ATV and dirtbike race track in Chester, SC my freshmen year at USC over Thanksgiving Break. I just gotten there and was about 9am. The track was still wet while I was warming up. (Just messing around, not in a race or anything). I didn't have enough speed going into the first jump and "goosed" the landing ramp. I went straight over the bars of my ATV and slammed into the ramp. The ATv then landed on me. I ruptured my spleen (still have it), concussion, broken collar bone, left arm, 4 fingers, and was internally bleeding pretty bad.

When I woke up, I got back on my ATV and rode to the office building where the owner drove me to the local (very small) hospital there in town. Worst pain I've ever been in. The Chester hospital was ready to do surgery right then and there to remove my spleen, but my mom showed up and was like "hell no, not here!" They weren't giving me any meds either. Cannot remember why not. So, they fly me to Charlotte.

During the flight I remember then trying to give me an IV and my veins kept collapsing. Then the guy asked me what high school I went to. Rock Hill High I said. He then said look down were are above it. I looked at him like "Dude, really? Now's not a good time!"

When I got to the hospital I was swarmed by about 10 nurses and doctors. They cut my clothes of right then and there and took me to the ER. I spent the next 5 days in the hospital recovering. I missed Thanksgiving dinner, the Clemson game ( I have student tix), and when I got back to school I had to get them to take down my loft bed because I couldn't get up there. My professors wouldn't let me come to class or do any work for about a week and a half (which was nice).

Whole process was really scary, but I guess its a cool story now haha.
bullardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate
 
ColaCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tampa
Posts: 15,119
CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

The most recent scary event for me was a kayaking trip down here on the Hillsborough River.

It was about an 8 mile kayak trip and 90% of it was shaded and very nice...pretty easy trip. It was our first time going down the river and it was self-guided, they just told you to "follow the largest body of water" at any fork or turnoff.

Well, to no one's surprise...there are gators in Florida. Lots of them. This river also isn't wide like the Savannah or Columbia rivers like Saluda or Congaree. It was pretty narrow, from 30 feet at widest down to 10 feet. You kayak under fallen trees, floating trees...just really natural setting. We saw probably 30-40 gators sunbathing during the first half of our trip and once, a gator hopped in the water as we slowly passed by- and while that was a bit scary, we knew it was probably normal. It was really cool seeing them, they almost looked fake...and we got some great photos as well.

...then we came to a fork. Both sides looked even but one side seemed to flow naturally with the rest of the water. So we followed for about 1/4 of a mile and noticed it kept getting smaller, and smaller, and smaller...and it didn't seem "well kept" as the rest of the river. Soon we looked ahead 50 feet and the creek we were now on suddenly ended...and we were only in a few inches of water.

My girlfriend was already panicking at that point and stressing me out, but then she started to cry and asking me questions like "do you think there are gators right here?", "do you think we should get out?", "are we going to be able to turn around?", "where is your phone at, do you have their number to call?", and just freaking out in general.

Rest of the story short, I had to calm her down and very carefully (and slowly) was able to turn us around and paddle us back to the original fork area.

Being lost wasn't a big deal...being lost after seeing those gators on the bank in oar reaching distance nearing dark (did I mention it was near dark?) in waters we couldn't navigate due to depth and width in a tandem kayak...THAT was scary.

I didn't think I was going to die, but I was flashing tons of scenarios through my head about "what could" happen while I was trying to work it all out. Could only imagine the Tampa Bay Times headlines of "Couple Goes Missing On Kayak Trip".

The is no better relationship tester than a tandem kayak trip, by the way.
__________________


ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
Cocky chick
Blue Chip
 
Cocky chick's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TooclosetoMooU
Posts: 697
CockyCash: 500
Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Easy one. Neighbor kid hit my three year old son (this was several years ago) in the head with a metal baseball bat. He ended up with just a few stitches, no other damage, but easily the most scared I have ever been in my life.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
bullardt
Game MVP
 
bullardt's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Columbia
Posts: 1,622
CockyCash: 550
bullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudly
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

And also, I had to watch the Clemson game in the hospital with my Clemson grad nurse! Fun times...

It was weird being in ICU, and I was really messed up internally but I was alert and able to talk. The nurses said they were not used to people being able to talk and stuff in there. I shared rooms with people who were shot and really messed up physically. One guy came in and half his head was just about gone.
bullardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #11
ktguen
2nd Team All-American
 
ktguen's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 8,716
CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

I was robbed at gunpoint when I was 18.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #12
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law
 
catdaddy66's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lugoff, SC
Posts: 6,244
CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Hmm, I'd like to say we must know each other and were there together that particular day...but I am sure it happens more than you would think.

We never heard a siren either but noticed rocks disappearing as we sat out there drinking a few and hanging out. By the time we were able to collect our stuff and head back, it got REALLY bad.

So bad, in fact, that the fire department had to come out and save a couple of people from high rocks (including one dog). I remember a couple of firemen suiting up in special onesie suits, wearing helmets, and carrying long thick sticks to maneuver around. Shortly afterwards, a news helicopter was flying around the scene.

I lost my wallet that day (it was on the bank). About 2 years later, someone from the CPD called me- someone had turned it in! Still had my school ID, license, and some other cards I had likely already canceled.
Lol It may have been the same day but I don't recall the CFD. The last 10' to the bank was the scariest part cause we had to jump and the water washed us about 100 yards down as we made our way to the bank. One girl was absolutely terrified when she hit the water but got out ok. What a buzzkill...

Good times...
__________________
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate
 
ColaCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tampa
Posts: 15,119
CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I was robbed at gunpoint when I was 18.
Yeah, now that is scary to me.

Care to elaborate on how it happened, what you were doing moments before, and any other details...if it isn't too traumatic and painful for you?
__________________


ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
ktguen
2nd Team All-American
 
ktguen's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 8,716
CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Yeah, now that is scary to me.

Care to elaborate on how it happened, what you were doing moments before, and any other details...if it isn't too traumatic and painful for you?
We were at my friends apartment complex waiting for him to come outside and get in the car so we could go somewhere, I don't remember where. It was about 10pm and we were all out of high school and about to start college in a month or so. It wasn't in a bad neighborhood at all. In fact it was probably less than a mile from my house and still in the Forest Acres boundaries.

I was in the back and my other two friends were in the front. We had the doors unlocked since he was going to walk out at any minute. Then I noticed a body up against the back passenger window and thought it was our friend about to get it. Then they opened the door, showed us the gun and told us to "shut the f*** up and give me all your money." It was one guy leaning in with the gun and another right behind him as kind of a lookout.

I handed him my wallet and my friends gave up theirs. He demanded our cell phones and in a panic I said none of us had one. (of course we did) He cocked the gun back in my face. I actually had my brand new 2 day old macbook in the car that I just bought for myself for school in the fall. Thankfully it was on the opposite side than the door they opened and my natural instinct was to scoot to the other side away from the gun, so I ended up sitting on it and covering it.

The whole thing felt like it lasted forever but it was maybe 30 seconds. They ran away just as quick as they came up to us with all 3 of our wallets. Friend 1 had no cash, friend 2 had 2 bucks and I had 10. We cancelled all our debits immediately. Overall they made away with 12 bucks and I think I might have had a giftcard to The Gap or something in there. And some fancy zebra printed wallets. So I hope it was worth it for them.

I had just attended USC orientation the week prior, so I had to go get a new Carolina Card and drivers licence of course. Both of which were free with our police reports. We filed reports and dusted for prints from where they touched the car, but they never caught them or had any leads or anything. They were two punk kids who looked no older than us at the time. It was obviously very traumatic but it taught us some good lessons about how you could never be too careful. Especially with us moving away to college in just a few weeks.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
Mr. Wednesday
Banned
 
Mr. Wednesday's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: US
Posts: 231
CockyCash: 500
Mr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudly
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

International flight, I was hungover as hell, and the plane unexpectedly hit the worst turbulence I've ever experienced. We must have dropped over 500 feet or so. All the women on board screamed, and my stomach was up in my throat.

I fly a good bit, but this one time was unreal. Ever since, all turbulence has paled by comparison and hasn't bothered me, since the bar was set that once so high.
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
lencho30
KOLA
 
lencho30's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lowcountry
Posts: 2,907
CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Accidentally ran over my son in 2006. He is a healthy 13 yr old now. We did find out through tests (because of the accident) that he only has 1 kidney.
__________________
(OO)=====V=====(OO)
lencho30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate
 
ColaCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tampa
Posts: 15,119
CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
Accidentally ran over my son in 2006. He is a healthy 13 yr old now. We did find out through tests (because of the accident) that he only has 1 kidney.
How do you do that? Was your son a baby at the time?
__________________


ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
lencho30
KOLA
 
lencho30's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lowcountry
Posts: 2,907
CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
How do you do that? Was your son a baby at the time?
He was 6 at the time. I was building my house about 3 acres from where our trailer was at the time. My tools and ladders were in the back of my truck and my 2 sons (9 & 6 at the time) were on their bikes. We were riding back to the trailer that night and my sons were racing each other. I was going maybe 5 mph and I saw the oldest head towards the driveway and then I heard a thump. I stopped right then and couldn't see the youngest. I got out of the truck, he was screaming and the front passenger tire was on top of his legs with the bike pinned between them. I quickly backed the truck off him, scooped him up, threw the bike into the trees and ran to the trailer with him in my arms. His mother rushed him to the ER and I stayed to try and calm my other son. I was so shook up I couldn't talk. It happened so fast. He ended up with a broken thumb and a fractured leg. He is fine now.
__________________
(OO)=====V=====(OO)
lencho30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American
 
FlorenceCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Darlington SC
Posts: 13,400
CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

I had a 60mm mortar round land 5 feet in front of me as I was sleeping and it didn't go off. It was just lodged there into the ground with its tail fins sticking up.
__________________
FlorenceCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #20
TKE226
Damn Yankee
 
TKE226's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 15,407
CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's The Scariest Thing To Happen To You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
We were at my friends apartment complex waiting for him to come outside and get in the car so we could go somewhere, I don't remember where. It was about 10pm and we were all out of high school and about to start college in a month or so. It wasn't in a bad neighborhood at all. In fact it was probably less than a mile from my house and still in the Forest Acres boundaries.

I was in the back and my other two friends were in the front. We had the doors unlocked since he was going to walk out at any minute. Then I noticed a body up against the back passenger window and thought it was our friend about to get it. Then they opened the door, showed us the gun and told us to "shut the f*** up and give me all your money." It was one guy leaning in with the gun and another right behind him as kind of a lookout.

I handed him my wallet and my friends gave up theirs. He demanded our cell phones and in a panic I said none of us had one. (of course we did) He cocked the gun back in my face. I actually had my brand new 2 day old macbook in the car that I just bought for myself for school in the fall. Thankfully it was on the opposite side than the door they opened and my natural instinct was to scoot to the other side away from the gun, so I ended up sitting on it and covering it.

The whole thing felt like it lasted forever but it was maybe 30 seconds. They ran away just as quick as they came up to us with all 3 of our wallets. Friend 1 had no cash, friend 2 had 2 bucks and I had 10. We cancelled all our debits immediately. Overall they made away with 12 bucks and I think I might have had a giftcard to The Gap or something in there. And some fancy zebra printed wallets. So I hope it was worth it for them.

I had just attended USC orientation the week prior, so I had to go get a new Carolina Card and drivers licence of course. Both of which were free with our police reports. We filed reports and dusted for prints from where they touched the car, but they never caught them or had any leads or anything. They were two punk kids who looked no older than us at the time. It was obviously very traumatic but it taught us some good lessons about how you could never be too careful. Especially with us moving away to college in just a few weeks.
thats some scary s**t
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development