CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
aftertwobowls
Sandstorm29
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
rioninusc
Regalcock
5lbYardcock
The Vent and Coachin (8150)
Disturbing comments (3180)
2015 schedule is bru (2431)
UF lets Durkin go (2133)
2015 Early Enrollees (1678)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1105)
SOS...a day late &am (1092)
The U ends apparel d (730)
Bobo to Colorado St? (716)
Keeping it all in pe (396)
2016 - John Simpson
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
2015 schedule is brutal
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Ulric Jones
2015 Commitment - Dante S
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
2015 Commitment - Ernest

Old 08-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default They say SEC Media Days is the Kickoff to College Football Season....

...But the REAL football season at South Carolina begins with the first
day of prep for the season.

GAMECOCK FOOTBALL BEGINS TODAY !!!!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: They say SEC Media Days is the Kickoff to College Football Season....

It has begun....gentleman, start your Spurticus practice reports!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: They say SEC Media Days is the Kickoff to College Football Season....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
It has begun....gentleman, start your Spurticus practice reports!
This starts the 9th year that I've done these, and I can tell you with 100%
honestey I have never looked so much forward to getting out to the practices in the
fall as I have this season. I'm really wanting to see what this team looks
like and what the freshman bring to the program. 7:30 PM can't get here
fast enough for me today !!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
This starts the 9th year that I've done these, and I can tell you with 100%
honestey I have never looked so much forward to getting out to the practices in the
fall as I have this season. I'm really wanting to see what this team looks
like and what the freshman bring to the program. 7:30 PM can't get here
fast enough for me today !!
You're going to have your hands full trying to keep an eye on a field full of top level talent...this is the crème de la crème of Gamecock football.

Stay Cocky my friend!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
TroubleCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his comb

My favorite time of year as of late. I hope the team is impressive so you have good things to say this year. And of course, thank you for this service, there is no better GC practice reports i've seen!
TroubleCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

I'll be there! I'll be there, early, too!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
I'll be there! I'll be there, early, too!!!
Going to head out there pretty early myself. Probably going to be a
full house by 7:00 PM
Old 08-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

This is the first time I've had the interest/availability to maybe make it to some fall practice - Can someone break it down like I'm 6?

Where are the practice fields? Is it free parking near the field? Are there bleachers or any kind of angled view? Thanks for helping out a first timer.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Spurticus, I've been waiting for this for a while. My wife has learned, it doesn't matter where we're at. Once I realize there's a Spurticus' Practice Report posted ... nothing else matters until I finish.

Thank you sir for what you do for our great team and site.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #10
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

I will be there also.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
This is the first time I've had the interest/availability to maybe make it to some fall practice - Can someone break it down like I'm 6?

Where are the practice fields? Is it free parking near the field? Are there bleachers or any kind of angled view? Thanks for helping out a first timer.

-The practice fields are on Bluff Rd near the stadium.

-Parking is free but get there early to get a spot adjacent to the practice fields.

-No Bleachers

-You can take pictures and video for the first 30minutes

-no overhang, and it will be warm still
Old 08-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Only nine, Spurt? Had no idea you were a single-digit midget. LOL. Guess next year will take care of that tho since you're still just a growing boy.

An odd thing I've noticed about the aging process: As the body I've depended on lifelong to sustain begins to betray, my heart grows even stronger. Some mornings I awake to find myself bursting with love. Guess that's why it took all of Gamecock Nation to take her place.

Don't mean the kind of love I felt in my youth; that kind of love left me the day she did. It's more of a generalized love that I feel for everyone, especially our young as I see them struggling to grow up and find their place in the world.

In retrospect, I believe the most difficult task adults face is cutting the umbilical cord to their young allowing them to become themselves. This single thought explains the difference between Dabo's and SOS's recruiting and managing philosophies.

Dabo tries to keep the cord intact with him taking the parents place; SOS and staff let nature take its course helping the boys they have signed become young men we can be proud to call family.

Spurt, they say one picture is worth a thousand words, but you're the exception that proves that rule. In your case, your words paint such vivid insight no pictures are needed.

Thank you for chronicling the history of and helping us take care of our family.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #13
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

Solid Post Old Pat
Old 08-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
-The practice fields are on Bluff Rd near the stadium.
-Parking is free but get there early to get a spot adjacent to the practice fields.
-No Bleachers
-You can take pictures and video for the first 30minutes
-no overhang, and it will be warm still
Thank you, I thought that's where the practice fields were, and had assume no bleachers, just standing probably on the other side of a rope? I read the pictures thing somewhere, but I probably won't bother with my camera. Thanks for the info! I let my parents keep my daughter last night, so I've got to arrange a pick up after work, and my wife is out of town with her mom today shopping, so hopefully I can get my little girl back and have my wife get back in town in time to make it out there. I wish I had all day - I'd have tailgate practice (set up my tents and satelite tv in the parking lot to make sure I've got it all and it works).
Old 08-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
Thank you, I thought that's where the practice fields were, and had assume no bleachers, just standing probably on the other side of a rope? I read the pictures thing somewhere, but I probably won't bother with my camera. Thanks for the info! I let my parents keep my daughter last night, so I've got to arrange a pick up after work, and my wife is out of town with her mom today shopping, so hopefully I can get my little girl back and have my wife get back in town in time to make it out there. I wish I had all day - I'd have tailgate practice (set up my tents and satelite tv in the parking lot to make sure I've got it all and it works).

If you do make it out, I hope to see you there.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #16
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
If you do make it out, I hope to see you there.
Sure, just look at my avatar . . . . . then imagine the complete opposite of that, and you'll see me. I'll be wearing at least a gamecock polo, and probably a white gamecock hat. If you see that combo, just ask if it's bryarx!

Seriously though, this is me. I'm the one that's not Todd Ellis, or holding a baby:
Old 08-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #17
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Spurticus - What's the practice schedule and which are open to the public? I'll be in Columbia the 13th - 15th for a convention and would like to check out a practice if possible.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #18
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1234
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
Only nine, Spurt? Had no idea you were a single-digit midget. LOL. Guess next year will take care of that tho since you're still just a growing boy.

An odd thing I've noticed about the aging process: As the body I've depended on lifelong to sustain begins to betray, my heart grows even stronger. Some mornings I awake to find myself bursting with love. Guess that's why it took all of Gamecock Nation to take her place.

Don't mean the kind of love I felt in my youth; that kind of love left me the day she did. It's more of a generalized love that I feel for everyone, especially our young as I see them struggling to grow up and find their place in the world.

In retrospect, I believe the most difficult task adults face is cutting the umbilical cord to their young allowing them to become themselves. This single thought explains the difference between Dabo's and SOS's recruiting and managing philosophies.

Dabo tries to keep the cord intact with him taking the parents place; SOS and staff let nature take its course helping the boys they have signed become young men we can be proud to call family.

Spurt, they say one picture is worth a thousand words, but you're the exception that proves that rule. In your case, your words paint such vivid insight no pictures are needed.

Thank you for chronicling the history of and helping us take care of our family.

this is so deep.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #19
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Spurticus - What's the practice schedule and which are open to the public? I'll be in Columbia the 13th - 15th for a convention and would like to check out a practice if possible.
Here's a list of all the practice dates and events up to opening day:
http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=194545

All of those will not be open..... In the fall, they usually shut it down
after the first two weeks of practice and have the last two weeks "behind
closed doors"..... just have to listen and keep an eye on the local media
to announce when they will close. .... If it's the first two weeks then
probably will be closed after the practice on Aug 17th (scrimmage).

The usually hold a spur of the moment Scrimmage mid week that is
not listed on the schedule as well, that will be open to the public, but
that will be announced when /if the coaches schedule it.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #20
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post

I think it's why God put me on this earth bruh...... At least it feels like
it comes from Heaven.

Thanx for the props