CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
zcoop
Latti
gamecock88
NinjaSven
gromweat
18IsTheMan
Gyle41386
gocockswyn
CHSgc
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1724)
Spurrier Presser (1692)
All of our defensive (1572)
Uniform thread (1354)
Rankings (1300)
Cack's Toast of the (1278)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1267)
3-4 "D" Ke (944)
Will Devin ever suit (792)
3-4 "D" Keep it
Over reacting?
Nick Chubb
All of our defensive play
Yeti roadie-good tailgate
2015 Commitment - Shameik
East Carolina Prediction
AVGN Movie
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:

Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Direct TV (Rant)

Okay, I have been a Dish customer for 11 years. Well, the local NBC station (WIS TV) has been out for the last week, so I looked into changing over to Direct TV. Well, I talked to their salesperson (and her supervisor) and we agreed to a price $47.99 per month for the first 10 months, and $57.99 the next 2 months, then the price goes up to $87.99 for the next 12 months (2 year contract).. This is after they ran my credit (not a fan, but what the hell).. and everything is agreed to.

Well, I get the E-Mail confirmation this morning, and the price is $57.99 per month.. I immediately call them up, and they tell me "that is the price, we cannot adjust it"... I told them if they could not adjust the price back to the agreed amount, then I would cancel. Well, I talked to a supervisor, and he said "I cant do anything, you will have to call the sales department, and start all over"... WTF!!

Anyway, is Time Warner better?? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly
Default Re: Direct TV (Rant)

Try att uverse. Time warner is bad. We had a lot of priblems with them
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

I'm surprised you had trouble. We've been Direct TV customers for many years and other than occasional outages during storms, have had no trouble at all. Hope you get your issues resolved.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Mr. Wednesday
Banned

Male

Mr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudly

The exactly same thing happened to me with TWC

Thats why, when I signed up with DirecTV, whenever I was quoted a price, I got the name and employee number of each person who gave me a price, that way I could reference whom told me what.
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
The exactly same thing happened to me with TWC

Thats why, when I signed up with DirecTV, whenever I was quoted a price, I got the name and employee number of each person who gave me a price, that way I could reference whom told me what.

I gave them that as well (Salesperson's name), but they still would not change the price. She was new, but her supervisor (who I talked to as well) was really a slick talking shark... Meh... I guess I will stay with Dish.. at least they have the Pac-12 Network...
Old 08-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
CockySpaniel
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1918547116
CockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
I gave them that as well (Salesperson's name), but they still would not change the price. She was new, but her supervisor (who I talked to as well) was really a slick talking shark... Meh... I guess I will stay with Dish.. at least they have the Pac-12 Network...

At some point mention that they are not the only ones who record for quality control.
Oh, BTW, DO record for quality control!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Okay, I have been a Dish customer for 11 years. Well, the local NBC station (WIS TV) has been out for the last week, so I looked into changing over to Direct TV. Well, I talked to their salesperson (and her supervisor) and we agreed to a price $47.99 per month for the first 10 months, and $57.99 the next 2 months, then the price goes up to $87.99 for the next 12 months (2 year contract).. This is after they ran my credit (not a fan, but what the hell).. and everything is agreed to.

Well, I get the E-Mail confirmation this morning, and the price is $57.99 per month.. I immediately call them up, and they tell me "that is the price, we cannot adjust it"... I told them if they could not adjust the price back to the agreed amount, then I would cancel. Well, I talked to a supervisor, and he said "I cant do anything, you will have to call the sales department, and start all over"... WTF!!

Anyway, is Time Warner better?? Any help would be appreciated.
Tip of the day............. every time you call Direct TV bypass the moron who answers the phone by insisting on speaking with customer retention. These are the people with the power to adjust your bill & give you free goodies. Works like a charm. I am a 14 year Direct TV subscriber.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
Mr. Wednesday
Banned

Male

Mr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudlyMr. Wednesday is crowing loudly

Quote:
That's odd...I've never had an issue when talking with a supervisor when able to reference specific prices quoted to me.

If I were you, I'd call again and speak to a different supervisor.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Oh, and I also sold DirectTV as a contractor rep for a while, the advice I gave you above came directly from a Regional Supervisor from DirectTV corporate.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Cancelled DirecTV about two months ago, my bill had ballooned to about $140/month. Bought a $30 antenna that give me 31 local channels in HD. I hooked my tv up to the internet and subscribed to Netflix and Hulu, as soon as I get a Google Chromecast I think I'll be good to go for only $14/month plus $29/mth for internet. Not a bad deal I think.

Took some getting used to, but a great way to save some money. May be a suitable alternative for you to check into.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
Mr. Wednesday
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
Cancelled DirecTV about two months ago, my bill had ballooned to about $140/month. Bought a $30 antenna that give me 31 local channels in HD. I hooked my tv up to the internet and subscribed to Netflix and Hulu, as soon as I get a Google Chromecast I think I'll be good to go for only $14/month plus $29/mth for internet. Not a bad deal I think.

Took some getting used to, but a great way to save some money. May be a suitable alternative for you to check into.
Do you get all the ESPN channels with that setup?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #12
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Do you get all the ESPN channels with that setup?
No. Chromecast will let me broadcast any stream I find online though. I piggyback the ESPN3 networks off my parents cable subscription.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Chromecast - basically a wifi way to throw your computer screen on your TV. You get an HDMI dongle, plug it in, connect it to your wifi - download app on your devices, and you can display whatever on your TV.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #14
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
Chromecast - basically a wifi way to throw your computer screen on your TV. You get an HDMI dongle, plug it in, connect it to your wifi - download app on your devices, and you can display whatever on your TV.
Im excited about it. May just cancel Hulu after I get it. Most networks offer full episodes free on the app or website.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
Mr. Wednesday
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
No. Chromecast will let me broadcast any stream I find online though. I piggyback the ESPN3 networks off my parents cable subscription.
Well, damn...that would be a dealbreaker for me.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #16
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Well, damn...that would be a dealbreaker for me.
Easy to do right now. Only thing on is golf, nascar, and baseball; all are available free on nbc, abc, or cbs. College football season will be a test.

It'd be great if ESPN would let me pay them a few bucks a month for access online, or something like that.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I thought about switching from Dish to another provider, but I honestly haven't missed WIS.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #18
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
Oh, and I also sold DirectTV as a contractor rep for a while, the advice I gave you above came directly from a Regional Supervisor from DirectTV corporate.
So ask for customer retention??
Old 08-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #19
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
So ask for customer retention??
Exactly, ask for customer retention. They will bend over backwards to keep you as a customer.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
Exactly, ask for customer retention. They will bend over backwards to keep you as a customer.
I like to call them every couple months and tell them I want to cancel some channels. Then let them give me a bunch of free stuff and promotions to lower my bill. It works every time.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote