CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
mpilot0705
U-Dub Gamecock
Storm Of Spurs
gamecockgal
catdaddy66
talkincock
doubledribble
**USC vs. South Alab (18504)
Clemson (2453)
Drew Owens missing? (2356)
Question about after (1980)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1246)
Shaq Roland (1220)
FishFry 47-yarder (714)
clemson game time: N (698)
How about this scena (555)
Tenn-Mizzou game (412)
Na'ty Rogers
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
Winston
what I think ab ward
Question about after the
Clemson fan here
Clemson
Tenn-Mizzou game
Drew Owens missing?
UFC Fight Night 57: Frank

Old 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material
Default Coast Restaurant in Charleston

Hey there-

Going to Charleston this weekend for my Daughters B-Day (She wants to spend her birthday money shopping on King street). We set a reservation for Coast. I have been to Charleston many many times but never eaten at Coast. Anybody ever eaten there? Is it good? What should I get.

BTW- I have eaten at the Early Bird Diner on Savannah Hwy & intend to go there for Breakfast on Sunday. Great food.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
taylorssc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material
Default Re: Coast Restaurant in Charleston

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
Hey there-

Going to Charleston this weekend for my Daughters B-Day (She wants to spend her birthday money shopping on King street). We set a reservation for Coast. I have been to Charleston many many times but never eaten at Coast. Anybody ever eaten there? Is it good? What should I get.

BTW- I have eaten at the Early Bird Diner on Savannah Hwy & intend to go there for Breakfast on Sunday. Great food.
Good place, right next to Rue du Jean. Used to go there for $2 Coronas! The communal table is always fun. Great wine list, good prices. Sea Bass was always my pick. You'll enjoy it, whatever you order.

Check out the Lost Dog on Folly for Sunday Breakfast.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
Good place, right next to Rue du Jean. Used to go there for $2 Coronas! The communal table is always fun. Great wine list, good prices. Sea Bass was always my pick. You'll enjoy it, whatever you order.

Never had the Lost Dog either, might just do that. I want to get down to the ocean for a few minutes anyway. Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post

Ah $2 Coronas. A fire marshal's dream on a Thursday night. That was short lived, but yea, really good food and reasonably priced. I'd hit up Rue Du Jean for breakfast/brunch (their sister restaurant) on Sunday.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

I'm staying at the Francis Marion, how close is it. Is it within walking distance?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
taylorssc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

3 blocks or so. worth the walk.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

Just looked at the menu................. think I know what I am getting.

Lobster and Crab Gratin
half lobster stuffed with blue crabmeat, lobster, & parmesan cream herb breadcrumb crust, green beans, & parmesan mashed potatoes
Old 08-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
SamAdamsCockyAle
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 583
SamAdamsCockyAle has feathers coming inSamAdamsCockyAle has feathers coming inSamAdamsCockyAle has feathers coming in

You can't go wrong with the swordfish either.
SamAdamsCockyAle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

If you decide to do brunch/lunch downtown, check out Butcher and Bee or Two Boroughs Larder. Both are inexpensive and fantastic for lunch/brunch.

Blind Tiger is said to have a great brunch also, but I've been a few times and haven't been that crazy about it. It's certainly not bad, just hasn't lived up to the hype for me.

The Tattooed Moose downtown has a great brunch also, but good luck getting a seat there on a Sunday morning. Their duck-fat fries with garlic aioli and the thanksgiving leftovers sandwich are awesome.

If you do decide to go out to Folly, like said above, Lost Dog is a great spot for brunch. If you're out there during the lunch hour, Rita's has a some great food, great burgers. Also, Jack's Cosmic Dogs, on Folly Road, on the way out to the beach, has some killer hot dogs.

Now that I mention all these places, all I can think is that I live on James Island and I haven't been to any of these spots in a long time. Now I'm hungry for some Jack's or Lost Dog!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
bullardt
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
bullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudlybullardt is crowing loudly

Was just down there this past weekend. Really cool atmosphere. I got the salmon and it was fair. My buddies had the shrimp and grits and scallops and they looked awesome.
bullardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

If we're giving brunch recommendations, I've done brunch at Poogan's Porch and it was very good IMO.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #12
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
If we're giving brunch recommendations, I've done brunch at Poogan's Porch and it was very good IMO.
No doubt about that, Poogan's is great. It's a little more on the pricey side though. But it's a Charleston landmark, and the experience is worth the money.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
taylorssc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Most haunted restaurant in America, if you're into that sorta stuff.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I didn't think the prices were too bad and they had 1/2 price bloody maries. I got the BBQ pulled pork eggs benedict. It was pretty good. The biscuits were excellent.

And yea, I heard it was haunted. Didn't know it was the most haunted.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #15
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Haunted by that dog or by other spirits?
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #16
careyhhi
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 804
careyhhi has feathers coming incareyhhi has feathers coming incareyhhi has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
Poogan and a former resident

http://scaresandhauntsofcharleston.w...poogans-porch/
careyhhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
taylorssc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
Haunted by Zoe. Had a friend see her on the 2nd floor porch when we were walking home one night.

It was the second most haunted restaurant in the country until Ghost Hunters visited the first...

www.skepticalviewer.com/2008/06/04/gh-moss-beach-distillery/

Quote:
Jay and Grant decided to start off their evening by going to the bathroom… to check for Women's laughter of course. Imagine their surprise when they got exactly that the moment they opened the door. To be honest though, it sounded a little tinny. After casting about for a moment Grant zeroed in on the source of the laughter and discovered a speaker in the ceiling wired to a sensor on the doorframe. Every time the bathroom door opened, it triggered the sound of women's laughter from the speaker.

Seriously.

But wait, there's more!

They found a mirror that seemed a little out of place and when Grant shined his flashlight on it he noticed something odd… a face. Prying the mirror from the wall they discovered a hollowed out portion of the wall containing a mask and even a light (to illuminate the mask from behind). The light was broken so, handyman that Jay is, he fixed it.

Our favorite Ghost Hunters were beginning to get a little suspicious, so they started to pay attention to every little detail. When they saw a ceiling tile that seemed to have been displaced, Grant climbed up and discovered another speaker rig. He promptly fell and twisted his ankle, but was otherwise okay.

At the bar Jay noticed that the lamps seemed to be on some sort of pivot and once they found access to the crawlspace Grant suffered his gimp ankle and got right up there to confirm a pneumatic rig that was set up to make the chandeliers shake one at a time, presumably in order.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #18
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

CockyCash: 131113
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

I stayed overnight on the Yorktown with Boy Scouts 10 or so years ago and got pushed out of my bed. Nobody was up there with me.....then Ghost Hunters went there a year or so ago. I would be lying if I didn't get the shivers after that episode.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #19
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Interesting. They didn't tell me that on my carriage tour or when I ate there. I'll keep that in the back of my mind next time I go down there.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote