CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
Freshman ND WR " (809)
Call of Duty: Advanc (512)
Good Riddance to bad (445)
Keeping tailgate foo (307)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (281)
An A to Z of Noah We (197)
The Comeback & T (196)
Bashing Players, coa (190)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (89)
Wallpaper & Back (77)
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod

Old 08-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
Spurman15
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his comb
Default Parking At WB

I am looking for place to park for the entire season. I am not a GC member so I know that limits me, plus I am a college student so my budget is kind of low. Last year I bought a season pass to the Armory from a guy off of craigslist but there are not many people offering parking spots on there this year. I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions on where to park that would be fun yet family friendly, even though I am in college I don't want to park around a bunch of partying frat guys. Hope you guys can help. THANKS!!

"I am not a desert but a SANDSTORM builds within me"
Spurman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material
Default Re: Parking At WB

What's your budget? Fair grounds still has spots for $250/car. If that's too steep - plenty of places close, day of the game for $25 or less.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurman15 View Post
I am looking for place to park for the entire season. I am not a GC member so I know that limits me, plus I am a college student so my budget is kind of low. Last year I bought a season pass to the Armory from a guy off of craigslist but there are not many people offering parking spots on there this year. I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions on where to park that would be fun yet family friendly, even though I am in college I don't want to park around a bunch of partying frat guys. Hope you guys can help. THANKS!!
Here's a lot I have used for past seasons that is very family friendly. It's on Key Road, so much less traffic than Assembly or Bluff which is huge plus. And they have portapotties.

http://www.parkwhiz.com/p/columbia-parking/1351-key-rd/

My experience is if you park there week one, there is normally someone walking around trying to get you to buy a season pass for the same lot. And they will haggle with you! I got a season for like $100 one year, so don't be afraid to try.

This lot is really good to walk to the game for nice experience as you walk past all the Cockabooses. Never dull pre-game excitement.

Here's a photo of us tailgating in that same lot, nice view of the stadium.

Name:  keyroadlot.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  129.1 KB
Old 08-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
Here's a lot I have used for past seasons that is very family friendly. It's on Key Road, so much less traffic than Assembly or Bluff which is huge plus. And they have portapotties.

My experience is if you park there week one, there is normally someone walking around trying to get you to buy a season pass for the same lot. And they will haggle with you! I got a season for like $100 one year, so don't be afraid to try.

This lot is really good to walk to the game for nice experience as you walk past all the Cockabooses. Never dull pre-game excitement.

It does look like a good walk. Might just be camera perspective though.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
It must be something wrong w the camera, some of the garnet on the right side looks orange and the Hancock on that guys hat....I'd swear it was a 'T' if I didn't know any better...
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
Spurman15
4-Star

Male

Spurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post

Attachment 10608
Thanks man. I read the web site but didn't see anything about tents, grills, or anything like that. Do they allow tents?

Old 08-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
It's really not that bad.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

I used to park behind Olympia middle for free. that walk just isn't that bad when you are young.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Parking At WB

What are the requirements for the old farmers market parking?
Old 08-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
What are the requirements for the old farmers market parking?
It's all Gamecock Club parking. So . . . you gotta be a Gamecock Club Member, then I believe they do seating like they do tickets - based on donor level / points on down the chain.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Parking At WB

There's levels to this s**t.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #12
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks man. I read the web site but didn't see anything about tents, grills, or anything like that. Do they allow tents?

Yes they allow tents and grills. No worries there. We get there early, so pic I sent is before lots of people had set up.

The photo makes it look further than it actually is, the walk to gates at South End Zone is 10 minutes car to gate. It's about the same distance walk as The Armory (I have parked there too). When I park there, I leave at 20 minutes to kickoff and I get into my seat right before 2001. I sit Lower South End Zone, so my worst problem is the bottleneck behind the Field Goal after I have already gone through the gates.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
It must be something wrong w the camera, some of the garnet on the right side looks orange and the Hancock on that guys hat....I'd swear it was a 'T' if I didn't know any better...

Yeah that is my cousin and his son. They don't know any better.... His parents (my aunt and uncle) are Clemson fans, so if he had to go orange I guess it's the better of the two.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
ACHILLES5508
the showstopper

Male

CockyCash: 1444
ACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudly

Olympia middle school parking lot usually like 20 a game nice gated parking lot with on site security with a lot of places to set up tailgate.

ACHILLES 5508
ACHILLES5508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #15
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILLES5508 View Post
Olympia middle school parking lot usually like 20 a game nice gated parking lot with on site security with a lot of places to set up tailgate.
Olympia is the only place I have ever parked. Great place where they watch our stuff while you are gone to the game. They say no alcohol, but have never done anything to anybody that drinks as long as they don't cause problems.

Can set up a tent, play corn hole, throw the ball around, and it not being any problems.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
Spurman15
4-Star

Male

Thanks for the help Eddy. I'll try it out for the UNC game and see how it goes. If you guys are there feel free to drop by and tailgate with us.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #17
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Default Parking At WB

How much do tickets outside the stadium usually go for non conference games?
Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #18
Spurman15
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILLES5508 View Post
How far is Olympia and how early do they open before the game?

Old 08-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #19
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

Quote:
Thanks for the help Eddy. I'll try it out for the UNC game and see how it goes. If you guys are there feel free to drop by and tailgate with us.

LOL, may not be able to recognize you when all I know about you is that you go by Spurman on CockyTalk!

I have a parking question of my own, if anyone knows please help me. Since they opened the Farmers Market, do they allow single game parking now at The Armory? I know they still sell Season passes for that, but with so much space it seems it would be wasted if they don't sell single game spots.

I kind of move all over the place and change parking lots depending on time I am getting there and who I am with, so that piece of info would help me out.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #20
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

Cocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervous

I also have a parking question of my own. Last season I parked near the colonial life arena and got the shuttle to the stadium. Since I'm attending more games this year which lots are open to game day parking?
Cocky_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote