CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
GamecockMomSC
Cockhornleghorn
markymark550
Regalcock
2000grad
RGHoskins
We Have to Pass (2199)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1619)
Spurrier weekly pres (1475)
This would be awesom (967)
How is Shaq Davidson (787)
McConaughey cast as (563)
Perspective on our g (536)
SEC referees? (400)
Defense and offense (369)
Currently 2nd in att (359)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg

Old 08-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Tommy and Todd

I don't often listen to our radio broadcasts, but when I do I'm always reminded of why I don't.

Both guys have been great Gamecocks and have done loads for the school but...

I guess my main issue is with Todd. I tend to give Tommy a pass as most schools have an ex-player doing color for the radio broadcasts, and they aren't expected to be professional broadcasters. But sometimes Todd makes me cringe...and he is "the Voice" of our program.

Am I being too harsh on Todd? Thoughts?
Old 08-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tommy and Todd

No, I've never really been a fan of his.

I love that he's passionate about it, and he is better than Charlie Mac was, but he's not a professional broadcaster.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Todd is no Eli Gold for sure. I am amazed that he still has a job in that role. He needs to be working for Carolina in some other capacity. I also don't think he shows professionalism when interacting with Tommy.

I am so glad that I don't have to listen to him every week for my gamecock football. Even if we had the best broadcaster in the land I still wouldn't listen.

I literally don't know how to listen to those guys if I had do so. Everytime I turn on 107.5 they run a loop that says "do to contractual agreements we cannot air the games". The same station mind you that had a major announcement informing all of us that their gamecock sports contract has been renewed.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Todd is a professional broadcaster. He used to do local talk radio then he and Corey did the rebroadcast on Wed nites. Ive listened to the games on radio for years even when televised. I like Todd.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
pooveycock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 320
pooveycock is sharpening his clawspooveycock is sharpening his clawspooveycock is sharpening his clawspooveycock is sharpening his claws

Todd is bad, but he has slowly grown on me over the years. Kind of like an old drunk uncle: funny sometimes, but you never want anyone outside of your family to see him associated with you.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post

I literally don't know how to listen to those guys if I had do so. Everytime I turn on 107.5 they run a loop that says "do to contractual agreements we cannot air the games". The same station mind you that had a major announcement informing all of us that their gamecock sports contract has been renewed.
learfield sports does not give them the contract to air games via internet or smart phone app... the games should be carried on the regular radio
Old 08-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Todd is a professional broadcaster. He used to do local talk radio then he and Corey did the rebroadcast on Wed nites. Ive listened to the games on radio for years even when televised. I like Todd.

No, Todd is a professional lawyer.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
They can't stream sports. You can listen to them online if you go to gamecocksonline.com, go to the event, and have a CBS All-Access account ($10/month). I do this during baseball season only, because all games at home, that aren't otherwise televised, you can stream the stadium feed + it has the 107.5 audio in real time. So I can watch home baseball games that I can't make it to, with the radio feed. You could also select just the audio. I would assume this is the same for football, you would be able to pay $10/month to hear Tommy and Todd stream the game.

The contractual obligation is with CBS sports that prevents them from streaming on 1075thegame.com for free.

And for the record I like Todd. I like his energy. I think Tommy brings just enough professionalism. I don't care to hear the facts read to me like a machine, I enjoy the passion and homerism when listening on the radio. WHO CARES?! WHO CARES?! After the DJ pick six is awesome!
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
LLJT
Walk On

Male

LLJT has hatched from the shell

Who cares! Who Cares!
LLJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

I always blast the games from my radio in the shed. I love em both!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #11
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I'm fine with both...Ellis will stumble from time to time, and Suggs often struggles to get the ideas out of his mind and into the spoken word, but both are passionate Gamecocks and you can tell they love it when we're winning games, which I do too....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

I actually like Todd. He is passionate, a Gamecock through & through. He has gotten much better over the years.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #13
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I like Tommy and the classic touch he adds to the commentary.

Todd, eh...hard to say. He just seems a little off and doesn't have the best flow to be a commentator...doesn't seem "all there." However, he is a Gamecock and gets passionate.

I do like some of this one-liners whenever he is on point like last year against Clemson after Clowney had another sack on Boyd:

LET HIM EAT!

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #14
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

What Todd lacks in talent, he makes up for with enthusiasm...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #15
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
No, Todd is a professional lawyer.
professional money taker, He spoke to our class once and came off as a prick, that said i love him as the play by play football guy, although id love to see Demetra get a shot at it, that man works hard.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #16
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
I always blast the games from my radio in the shed. I love em both!
Love this one too! Always wanted to get seats on the 55...
Old 08-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #17
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20636 View Post
Love this one too! Always wanted to get seats on the 55...
Was about to post exactly the same video. lol.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #18
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Revenge is something . . . . . . BOOM!

Classic Todd Ellis. I spoke to him about a year ago and got a picture with him and my wife and daughter. I actually got kinda stumbling over my words talking to him, which normally doesn't happen to me.

Walked up to him and said 'I've hated NC State my whole life!' (cause of Todd's injury there). Good guy.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #19
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Tommy and Todd

I used to not like him but have enjoyed him much here the past few years. "Who Cares, Who Cares"
Old 08-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #20
gamecocky17
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 268
gamecocky17 is learning to peckgamecocky17 is learning to peck

Don't know what happened with the whole Mike Morgan situation, but I would have loved for him to get a shot - loved hearing him on the other sports.
gamecocky17 is offline   Reply With Quote