CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Ericvol2096
smoovecock
thekob
Travelin
gamecockgal
jellafever
kingoftheroost
GamecockSuperFan
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (3170)
SEC QB's in the Red (1009)
Little know stat (We (1005)
Where do you like to (585)
We're going to the N (547)
Interesting quotes f (448)
Have you ever been s (418)
Amelia Earhart Plane (381)
Tennessee Offense Br (335)
This season and recr (260)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Interesting quotes from D
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
DJ Smith
Have you ever been so wro
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
Tennessee - South Carolin
Women's Team Ranked #2 In

Old 08-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default SDS prediction

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...-2013-outlook/

I could see UGA as a possible loss but TENNESSEE?!
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SDS prediction

Yeah, I saw where Tim Brando is basically picking us to lose the East as well.

The above is a predicted finish for 2013, that's why Alabama is so far down.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

So he saying UGA beats Bama in the SECCG? He must be high
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Actually, I could very well see that happening. Tennessee gave us all we wanted last year (remember Clowney saved us by forcing that fumble). It's on the road, and it has all the makings of a trap game, because UT's schedule is so hard they're likely going to be around 3-3 at the time. Lot's of fans will overlook them, which is fine, I just hope our team won't. It also sucks that it's the 2nd of a 3 game road stand for us.

Either way, we should win, but ANY win in Neyland is something to celebrate, we haven't had many.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
ATL COCK 31
Recruit

Male

ATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Actually, I could very well see that happening. Tennessee gave us all we wanted last year (remember Clowney saved us by forcing that fumble). It's on the road, and it has all the makings of a trap game, because UT's schedule is so hard they're likely going to be around 3-3 at the time. Lot's of fans will overlook them, which is fine, I just hope our team won't. It also sucks that it's the 2nd of a 3 game road stand for us.

Either way, we should win, but ANY win in Neyland is something to celebrate, we haven't had many.
That 3 game stretch on the road is going to be TOUGH! I could see a couple of "win anyway" games in that stretch where we don't play very well, but get a win.

ATL COCK 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Wish we could have at least had 1 of our 2 bye weeks during the road stretch - gonna be tough! I believe we can do it though - and I am usually not this optimistic.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL COCK 31 View Post
That 3 game stretch on the road is going to be TOUGH! I could see a couple of "win anyway" games in that stretch where we don't play very well, but get a win.
I think the UT game will actually be like that. We've only won in Knox twice and last time, it was 14-3. Plus it's in the middle of the 3 road game stretch
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
ATL COCK 31
Recruit

Male

ATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his combATL COCK 31 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I think the UT game will actually be like that. We've only won in Knox twice and last time, it was 14-3. Plus it's in the middle of the 3 road game stretch
agreed. and UT will have a bye week to prepare

ATL COCK 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:

We have a bye before that game as well so we can rest up and hopefully be really healthy heading into the matchup.

But lets be honest, the only thing TN has going for it are intangibles in the matchup right now. Our JUCO CB that was going to start just hurt his knee this morning and is out for the year.

That leaves us with 5 scholarship CB's on the whole roster with 2 of them being true freshman.

GULP.
Ericvol2096 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

His prediction for yall is much better than ours...beat SC and still miss a bowl? Damn.

Quote:
THE 2013 BATTLEFIELD
Aug. 31 vs. Austin Peay (W) = Several prized freshman should make their debuts for the Vols and the quarterback battle between Justin Worley and Nathan Peterman may become a little more clear. Both will play.
Sept. 7 vs. Western Kentucky (W) = Wide receivers Alton “Pig” Howard and Vincent Dallas should have big afternoons against former SEC coach Bobby Petrino and the Hilltoppers. Western Kentucky’s defense wasn’t as bad as Tennessee’s unit in 2012, but its secondary was still susceptible to the deep ball.
Sept. 14 at Oregon (L) = Tennessee’s horrid stretch against ranked teams continues with an abusive thumping on the pond.
Sept. 21 at Florida (L) = It’s tough to find a schedule with consecutive road game as difficult as trips to Autzen and Gainesville, but the Vols would have a better chance at winning this one against an East rival.
Sept. 28 vs. South Alabama (W) = Likely the least challenging game at Neyland this season, the Vols get a chance to move down the depth chart and see what’s available after the first and second-stringers late in the second half. This is the only matchup from Sept. 14 to Nov. 2 the Vols will be favored in.
Oct. 5 vs. Georgia (L) = Rarely do the Bulldogs fall victim to the upset and for the Vols, that signature win may come the following week against South Carolina.
Oct. 19 vs. South Carolina (W) = One of the major upsets in college football this season. Tennessee will be coming off a bye and the Gamecocks possibly unbeaten and ranked in the Top 5. It’s one of those ‘ideal conditions’ situations for South Carolina which historically hasn’t played well at Tennessee.
Oct. 26 at Alabama (L) = Coming off an emotionally-high victory over the Gamecocks, this road trip to Tuscaloosa brings the Vols back down to reality.
Nov. 2 at Missouri (L) = The first of back-to-back swing games on the schedule, should Tennessee split against either of the Tigers, then Jones and the Vols may go bowling in Year 1.
Nov. 9 vs. Auburn (L) = One of those late-season SEC Network-only games that goes down to the wire with a field goal being the difference. This one’s a toss-up and a swing game.
Nov. 23 vs. Vanderbilt (L) = James Franklin and the Commodores make it two in a row against Tennessee and solidify a fourth-place finish in the East.
Nov. 30 at Kentucky (W) = In this season finale battle of two East teams at the bottom, the Vols take the Bluegrass bout with more athletes on the defensive side of the football.
Related: Why Butch Jones is the right coach for the job
PROJECTED FINISH: 5-7, 2-6 (5th in East)
THE SKINNY: Will the Tennessee faithful be satisfied with a 5-7 in Butch Jones’ first season? Of course not, but that could be where the Vols are headed with a schedule that’s filled with landmines against five preseason Top 10 powerhouses. The Vols will be better than Kentucky, but shouldn’t they be? This is Tennessee we’re talking about, where talent used to come in droves.
Patience, Vol Nation. Jones has much work to do.
Ericvol2096 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:

Not to mention connor's inconsistency on the road.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #12
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I do not understand this logic..

UT is a completely different team this year.. they will take a massive step back on offense (Worley is their QB iirc.. lol, they lose two of the best WRs they've had in years). They have a new HC who has never coached bigtime football before.. I see a blowout, but that's just me

I will not "celebrate ANY win in Neyland".. that's old Carolina speak. We should expect to beat them every time.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

some of you guys drink too much garnet cool aid

JD
JDStud6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #14
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

"Mr palmetto" is an idiot. Say guy who said alshon was lazy and fat
Old 08-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #15
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
I will not "celebrate ANY win in Neyland".. that's old Carolina speak. We should expect to beat them every time.
Old habits die hard, I'll celebrate every win, including Coastal Carolina! I remember losing to Furman - I'm not that old.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
I do not understand this logic..

UT is a completely different team this year.. they will take a massive step back on offense (Worley is their QB iirc.. lol, they lose two of the best WRs they've had in years). They have a new HC who has never coached bigtime football before.. I see a blowout, but that's just me

Sigh.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #17
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

Quote:

I don't know about that.

We were whipping em pretty good last year when that thing with lattimore happened. Kind of a momentum killer.

Clowney even said that a lot of the guys on the sideline forgot all about the game until they looked up and saw the score with a few minutes left.

I don't think they would have given us any trouble if not for that happening.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #18
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Again with the crying fans because someone picked us to lose. Cry cry cry. I'm surprised you aren't use to it by now. Quick, when's the last time we were picked to go undefeated?!

Okay, move on then. Get over it. We are young at the LB position, and lose our 2 vocal leaders on defense. I don't care who you say we get back and who you say will play better, the analyst are not fans they do not want to hear it. Every effin' school in the country makes the same arguments we do. You think "OMG he picked us to lose to Tennessee". Tennessee fans are over their on their boards like we got this guy back and this guy back, and this guy will play better and we're going to be better. It's the same thing we're doing over here.

Get OVER it when someone thinks we're going to lose. They have NO EFFECT on the game, just like you have no effect on the game. Who CARES that they said we'd lose. It just makes it that much better when we win. A big F U to whomever said we'd lose.

Stop crying that they don't love us and just cheer on your team to a victory. That's all you can do. Not pout about how they didn't pick us to win the East or how they don't respect us, or blah blah blah blah.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #19
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

UT is going to be a tough game. I would not be surprised to see us BARELY get out of there with a win.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #20
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Yeah, I saw where Tim Brando is basically picking us to lose the East as well.

The above is a predicted finish for 2013, that's why Alabama is so far down.
That top 10 is bad. Stanford is about right, along with Oregon (losing Chip to the nfl will hurt them). The rest are off.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote