CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
markymark550
Transmaniacon
rosstheboss
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3471)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (2290)
**USC Women vs. San (2221)
The Defense (2174)
Women's soccer Sweet (1683)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1247)
USC/clemson spread (1006)
In case no one saw.. (903)
injury report? (779)
Odell Becham Catch (458)
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Huge recruiting weekend
Texans getting frustrated
2014 Charleston Classic:
Odell Becham Catch
Shaq Roland
**USC Women vs. San Diego
Fly_over tomorrow?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti

Old 08-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Sir Big Spur 912
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 26866
Sir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Fantasy Football Advice

I have the 10th and 11th picks in my snake draft coming up for fantasy football and I need some advice.

I am going to take 2 RB's. Here is the list of RB's I expect to be available to choose from:

Alfred Morris, Lesean Mccoy, Steven Jackson, Matt Forte, Stevan Ridley, Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew.

I want to hear who people like for fantasy football and why. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice

I'd say Morris and Ridley. Morris is the lone wolf in the backfield in Washington and he will probably have to bear a huge part of the offense so that RG3 doesn't get hurt by week 7 again. Ridley has huge upside in NE, and he is a TD machine. Morris is a guy that could easily be a top 5 fantasy back by years end once more, though I don't know if I trust Ridley with the same upside. If that is who remains those are the clear top choices. my two starting backs this year are Arian Foster and Alfred Morris, couldn't be happier with that

EDIT: MJD or CJ are 2 guys that have proven to be top guys in the past but present a lot of risk. If those guys are on they are probably better than Ridley, but it is big risk with CJ's inconsistency and MJD's injury and age
Old 08-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

No love for McCoy or Forte? McCoy+Chip Kelley intrigues me.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

do not get MJD he wont play if he is barely injured ...

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9182821
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Morris and CJ. If one is gone of take Ridley.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9182821
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
No love for McCoy or Forte? McCoy+Chip Kelley intrigues me.
Bryce Brown is going to steal a decent amount of carries.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
Sir Big Spur 912
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 26866
Sir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talonsSir Big Spur 912 has developed his gaff and talons

I kind of like Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson.

People seem to love or hate Alfred Morris, and Lesean Mccoy interests me.

I really have no idea what direction I might go.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
Morris and CJ. If one is gone of take Ridley.
I drafted CJ the last 2 seasons and he burned me. I don't know if I could stomach drafting him again.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Forte and Ridley are the safest 2 IMO
Old 08-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Big Spur 912 View Post
I kind of like Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson.

People seem to love or hate Alfred Morris, and Lesean Mccoy interests me.

I really have no idea what direction I might go.
As someone who had Steven Jackson as a #2 RB last year, don't draft Steven Jackson. They say the situation will be different now that he is in ATL blah blah blah, I think he has lost a step. McCoy was really good a few years ago, but a lot of that reason was 20 total TD's. That doesn't happen very often. CJ is too much of a risk to warrant a first round or early second round pick.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

not to change the subject on you but also wanted some advice

We are starting a keeper league this year and we can keep up to 3 players from our team from last year based on draft round value (one guy valued in rounds 1-3, one valued 3-6, etc...) Since my team was abysmal last year, I finished last and get to pick my draft position. While normally I would prolly chose the first pick and get Peterson, my thoughts are that he prolly wont be available and whoever had him last year will chose to keep him. Where would you recommend drafting for a snake draft, first and get the best available player, or go in the middle and not get stuck with the last pick every other round.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Re: Fantasy Football Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Pride View Post

We are starting a keeper league this year and we can keep up to 3 players from our team from last year based on draft round value (one guy valued in rounds 1-3, one valued 3-6, etc...) Since my team was abysmal last year, I finished last and get to pick my draft position. While normally I would prolly chose the first pick and get Peterson, my thoughts are that he prolly wont be available and whoever had him last year will chose to keep him. Where would you recommend drafting for a snake draft, first and get the best available player, or go in the middle and not get stuck with the last pick every other round.
Somewhere in the middle. Peterson will get kept and after that there's tons of guys that have around the same value.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Pride View Post

Unless there is a salary cap take the first pick. The only way you can possibly get better talent on your team from a later pick is if someone in front of you blows it.
1st pick also gives you back to back picks and leads to less missed guesses as to who will get back to you.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Unless you are generally averse to former Clemson players, I think Cj Spiller will turn in good numbers this season if he can stay healthy. With Buffalo easing Manuel into the QB role, indications are that Spiller will get a lot of touches. In fact, the OC has already said that he plans to run Spiller until he throws up.

The downside is that Spiller can be prone to injury and issues with full-game conditioning. However, he does a lot of big things with his chances. His ypc last season was the same as Peterson.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote