CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
markymark550
Transmaniacon
rosstheboss
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3471)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (2290)
**USC Women vs. San (2221)
The Defense (2174)
Women's soccer Sweet (1683)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1247)
USC/clemson spread (1006)
In case no one saw.. (903)
injury report? (779)
Odell Becham Catch (458)
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
USC/clemson spread
Texans getting frustrated
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Huge recruiting weekend
2014 Charleston Classic:
Odell Becham Catch
Shaq Roland
**USC Women vs. San Diego

Old 08-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default If USC doesn't make the national title, what is your dream matchup this year?

We all hope this is the year Carolina finally not only wins the SEC, but breaks through had holds the crystal ball.

With that said, let's have a little fun.

First, if USC doesnt make it, which two teams DO play for the title?

Second, what is your dream national title game this year that doesn't include South Carolina?

1-If USC doesn't make it, I think the national title game will be Alabama and Ohio State.

The one I'd like to see this year if USC doesn't make it..well I have two.

Alabama and Stanford-really similar teams...both are hard-nosed, physical and I think are just fun to watch. I see this going very similar to the Bama-LSU game 1 tilt.

Louisville and Ohio State-just the drama of Urban vs his former assistant Strong sells this. The man who really brought the spread offense to the forefront (Meyer) against the man who saw it every day, and knows how to stop it (Strong). Also, Braxton Miller vs Teddy Bridgewater...a QB who has had controversy follow him (Miller) vs the QB that could win the Heisman this year, and through reports is a solid kid (Bridgewater). Also, to win OSU would have to go undefeated for the second-straight season, winning 24 straight games...a very tough feat.

And of course, Strong parlays the Cards upset Meyer's old team, will not get a shot to beat Meyer himself.
Also, the SEC title streak ends would be a huge national headline.

I'll throw one more...
Oklahoma and Texas A&M
Former Southwest and Big 12 conference foes face off not only for a title, but conference bragging rights.
Honestly, more of a nostalgic, lost rivalry reason for this one.
Can the Big 12 end the SEC's dominance of national title game, or does TAMU give the SEC 8 in a row?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: If USC doesn't make the national title, what is your dream matchup this year?

Oregon-A&M
(With Johnny of course)

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: If USC doesn't make the national title, what is your dream matchup this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Oregon-A&M
(With Johnny of course)
Manziel vs Mariota...very interesting.
Could be a high-scoring game...I like it how you're thinking.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

i wanna beat the shit out of ohio state
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Oregon-The Lou
Old 08-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 224722
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I'd hate to see Louisville (undeserving) unless they were playing Gamecocks.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I've always thought SC v Oregon st would lead to announcer discomfort and be ripe for all kinds of FCC violations. Bonus if it's the NC game.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

I'd like the sugar bowl
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
uga dawg
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

UGA vs Stanford. Would love to see it. I think it will be bama vs oregon. Think chip kellys work carries on for a year or two.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #10
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Bama vs Ohio State
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

If we don't make it, I think it will be Alabama-Oregon. As for who I would like to see, if it isn't us I don't really care one way or the other, so maybe a MAC team or something crazy like that.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #12
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

The great thing is that it will almost certainly happen......in Atlanta.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Ohio St vs Alabama

Bama wins by 4 tds
Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #14
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post

I'll throw one more...
Oklahoma and Texas A&M
Former Southwest and Big 12 conference foes face off not only for a title, but conference bragging rights.
Honestly, more of a nostalgic, lost rivalry reason for this one.
Can the Big 12 end the SEC's dominance of national title game, or does TAMU give the SEC 8 in a row?

They only played each other for a short stretch - Oklahoma was in the Big 8.

But keeping with that theme, I'd love to see a Big 12 team also - TCU. Other than the HBC, I think Patterson is the best coach in the country and definitely the best at getting the most out of his people. They play the David vs Goliath card well. As for an opponent, I'll say Louisville. Another team outside the usual big dogs and their success = UK never gets any momentum going and I like that a lot.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #15
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

If it doesn't involve us, I'd like to see a couple of teams that have never been there before play for the championship.
cocky0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
I've always thought SC v Oregon st would lead to announcer discomfort and be ripe for all kinds of FCC violations. Bonus if it's the NC game.
I was at Oregon State after Thanksgiving for the Civil War against Oregon. Friends I made there knew I was a Gamecock fan/grad. So we talked a lot about a possible match up in any sport and how awesome that would be. Trust me - they think about this stuff too!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

Id like to see us play against Florida State so we can give them some payback.