CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Woody7687
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Keep Calm and Jadeveon

Check it out
Attached Images

Woody7687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Keep Calm and Jadeveon

A few months ago someone tried to make T shirts that said this on it and USC sent their legal department after them and got it shut down in like a day.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Well if someone wants to make a few anyway, I'd buy one.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

As awesome as that is, nothing compares to... ;)

CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
ferillo
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
ferillo has hatched from the shell

Strange. In Boston we had Keep Calm and Bergeron shirts on sale by street vendors/kids outside the Garden all season long.
ferillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
Woody7687
Banned

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Well if someone wants to make a few anyway, I'd buy one.
I'll see what I can do.

Why would this be illegal?
Old 08-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
Woody7687
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post

Agreed KCCO!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
lakefire
4-Star

Male

lakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via ICQ to lakefire Send a message via AIM to lakefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Not even the original? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On
Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
ferillo
Walk On

Male

ferillo has hatched from the shell

For sale here: http://muckfichigantees.spreadshirt....hirt-A11123728
ferillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
Woody7687
Banned

Male

So I guess its not illegal then, just bought 2!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
lakefire
4-Star

Male

lakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via ICQ to lakefire Send a message via AIM to lakefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
I'll see what I can do.

Why would this be illegal?
I'm not a lawyer, but I can't see why it would be illegal. For one, "Keep Calm" is based off a public domain poster from the UK. For two, "Jadeveon" is just a name and is not trademarked. For three, it's a parody and those are protected under free speech.

But take my thoughts with a grain of salt.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferillo View Post
Strange. In Boston we had Keep Calm and Bergeron shirts on sale by street vendors/kids outside the Garden all season long.
Bergeron is a professional athlete.
Clowney currently is not. Even though it says Jadeveon, it's implied that you are using his name.

Putting Jadeveon on the shirt would be using his likeness to make money.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #13
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferillo View Post
I just reported them to USC.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #14
Woody7687
Banned

Male

So I guess the NCAA video game is illegal for using the players likeness?
Old 08-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Bergeron is a professional athlete.
Clowney currently is not. Even though it says Jadeveon, it's implied that you are using his name.

Putting Jadeveon on the shirt would be using his likeness to make money.
No putting jadeveon clowney would be illegal, or maybe jadeveon and a logo, but if its just a shirt of normal color and jadeveon you couldn't imply

I shouldn't say flat out no, I'm no lawyer, but it wouldn't seem like you could just imply, there are hundreds of jadeveons in the world

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #16
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Why....

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #17
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
So I guess the NCAA video game is illegal for using the players likeness?
Yes, that's why they got sued, lost and now won't be making a video game after this year.

#LukeForMod

Old 08-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #18
Woody7687
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Why
Old 08-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
Woody7687
Banned

Male

Wow this escalated quickly
Old 08-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #20
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
No putting jadeveon clowney would be illegal, or maybe jadeveon and a logo, but if its just a shirt of normal color and jadeveon you couldn't imply

I shouldn't say flat out no, I'm no lawyer, but it wouldn't seem like you could just imply, there are hundreds of jadeveons in the world

No you could imply.
Who else are you supposed to say Jadeveon is?
Could look making the school believe that one.

#LukeForMod