CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Acockolypse Now
MEL
Spurticus
auslander
The Yancey
sanford
MWard
ccured
Jack Garnet
Texags (1635)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1629)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (1283)
Ace suspended 4 game (1267)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (1023)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (933)
Comporium (736)
watching the Alabama (289)
Jake Coker (261)
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
2015 - Traveon Samuel
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
ESPN Insider
Georgia DE Jonathan Taylo
Georgia Defensive returni
Ace suspended 4 games
Texags
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
Name a Gamecock

Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit
Default Section 306

Has anyone ever sat in section 306 under the press box? If so how are the seats, view, fans etc?

Thanks!
uscfsu23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
CarolinaCoonedawg
Thug Life

Male

CockyCash: 475
CarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Section 306

I hear 306 is nice, but Section 506 is where the party is at!

"I once said you're either a Gator or a Gator Hater; I've changed my tune a little now. Now I say you're either a Gamecock or a Cock Block: a little racy, but it gets the point across" - Steve Spurrier
CarolinaCoonedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
GamecockInPA
1 star but overrated

Male

GamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spurs

Sat there last year for the Georgia game. It was fine. I can imagine that the right weather will make it stuffy, but it also gets you out of the sun in a day game. The view is good. I imagine sitting just under the front edge of the press box might be one of the nicest places to sit in the upper deck.
GamecockInPA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Last year I sat in 307 last row. The people up there were down to clown. We were all having a blast when ACE had the whole deck rocking. It's nice to have shade too if it's a day game. No lines for bathroom or food usually up there either.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous

On a hot day it's perfect... Nice and shady, and they have fansiumted under there blowing on you to keep it from getting stuffy
Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

I sit in section 305 which is one row over. I am not under the press box however so I can't share thoughts on the stuffiness of the air.

306 will be anywhere from 30 to 40 yard line. It is nice getting the shade. Even though I am not under the press box, I still get the shade from the press box by about 2 oclock in the afternoon.

Also, 306 will be almost 95% Gamecocks fans. You may see one or two people with cheering for the other team, but it is few and far between.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
ACHILLES5508
the showstopper

Male

CockyCash: 1444
ACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudly

best place to sit, other than the zone, and club seating imo

ACHILLES 5508
ACHILLES5508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

awesome! Thanks for the info!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

One more thought/question. The only seats are on the top row of 306. Do the columns get in the way of field view?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
Spurman15
4-Star

Male

Spurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
One more thought/question. The only seats are on the top row of 306. Do the columns get in the way of field view?
No but the view of the video board is a little obstructed.

"I am not a desert but a SANDSTORM builds within me"
Spurman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurman15 View Post
No but the view of the video board is a little obstructed.
Are the columns what get in the way of the video board? or does the press box get in the way?

Being the top row and having never sat there before I just don't want to be screwed.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoonedawg View Post
I hear 306 is nice, but Section 506 is where the party is at!

my avatar pic came from the 506. #nurple

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I sat in 306 for 3 games in 2010. I was about 2 rows from the top I believe. I liked it except the old scoreboard was a bit obstructed, so I'm sure the new one is. Everyone seems to sing the praises of this section, but I really like being able to see the video board and all of the stadium, fans, and sky around me. Wasn't for me. Although it is nice for day games to escape the heat.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
Spurman15
4-Star

Male

Spurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
Are the columns what get in the way of the video board? or does the press box get in the way?

Being the top row and having never sat there before I just don't want to be screwed.
Its the press box that blocks it. They really are good seats to view the field and the game but like someone else said the view of the video board and the stadium as a whole is obstructed. on days when the play at noon you will be thankful for these seats!

"I am not a desert but a SANDSTORM builds within me"
Spurman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #15
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurman15 View Post
Its the press box that blocks it. They really are good seats to view the field and the game but like someone else said the view of the video board and the stadium as a whole is obstructed. on days when the play at noon you will be thankful for these seats!
well that is disappointing. not being able to see the new video board is a pretty big drawback