CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
b381l
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
uscjeremynca
El Cid Ranger
Spurticus
auslander
GarnetSwarm1990
sporkgod50
PSU drops a prospect (2128)
Mizzou WR suspended (1049)
Blake McClain (802)
Best Offensive " (778)
What ever happened t (722)
Clemson, Auburn home (538)
Fall Camp. (475)
The Believer - Spurr (351)
Clowney's Madden Rat (211)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (201)
2016 - Mecole Hardman
2015 - Zack Bailey
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
2016 - B.J. Emmons
2017 - Jaden Hunter
Best Offensive "Trip
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
What ever happened to Phi
Re-Airing South Carolina
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 08-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit
Default USC RB's - Who Will Have The Biggest Impact In 2013?

With 2 weeks to go until Gameday, I...like everyone on this board...are very overdue for this season of USC football to finally get here.

So to pass the time...the question I have for everyone is:

Which of our RB's will have the bigger season?

I'm looking at Rushing & Receiving yards...throw in blocking for Shaw/Thompson passing game when we keep a back in the blocking scheme.

I kinda lean towards Wilds as more of a complete running back, but Davis has nice mix of speed and power...and it sounds like Carson is making strong push in fall camp.

GO COCKS!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: USC RB's - Who Will Have The Biggest Impact In 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgibson75 View Post
With 2 weeks to go until Gameday, I...like everyone on this board...are very overdue for this season of USC football to finally get here.

So to pass the time...the question I have for everyone is:

Which of our RB's will have the bigger season?

I'm looking at Rushing & Receiving yards...throw in blocking for Shaw/Thompson passing game when we keep a back in the blocking scheme.

I kinda lean towards Wilds as more of a complete running back, but Davis has nice mix of speed and power...and it sounds like Carson is making strong push in fall camp.

GO COCKS!!!
Brandon Davis
Old 08-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
scfan2001
I'm comin for u

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudly

I'm anxious to see all of them in action if our O-line is as strong as they're being talked up. What's the word on David Williams? I haven't heard much mentioned about him so I assume he's headed for a redshirt barring multiple injuries. I think Davis will end up with the most yards and Wilds doing a good job too. Hopefully Carson will stay healthy and be able to do some things too.
scfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
JBL
3rd and long

Male

JBL has hatched from the shell

My guess is Carson. He's going to give it 110% because of the injuries that have kept him out of the line up. Not taking away anything from the other backs, but I think Carson will emerge as go to guy in the backfield this year.
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 538
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Wilds.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I think Davis will be in for the most plays. I don't know that he'll get the most carries, but I believe he'll be the default back (for blocking). Wilds will be right behind him in snaps, and carries.

I really think Shon Carson is going to have an impact though. His speed and shiftiness remind me of Ace. If he gets a few steps of openness, he's going to make people miss and gain yards.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I am going out on a limb here and saying we will have 3 backs with over 800 rushing yards this season.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I think it'll be pretty even to start between Brandon and Mike, but I could see Shon having a coming out party against UGA as his intro to the SEC
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
Braveguy06
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 has feathers coming inBraveguy06 has feathers coming inBraveguy06 has feathers coming in

Mike Davis or Brandon Wilds. Carson is irrelevant
Old 08-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #11
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
I am going out on a limb here and saying we will have 3 backs with over 800 rushing yards this season.
i doubt there will be that many carries to go around. the key for us is going to be staying balanced no matter what back is in the game. im hoping that even without a lattimore, that having the different types of backs we have will make it less likely for us to abandon the run.

i'll go with wilds, but i really expect all 3 backs to make an impact this season.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
I think we end up with around 2400/2500 rushing yards.

But shaw is gonna take some of those yards away from the RB's.

Wilds/Davis around 750 yards
Carson around 500 yards
Shaw around 400 yards

If we are dominant and run a lot in the second half. I think you could see:

Wilds/Davis around 900 yards
Carson 700 yards( more action for the 3rd guy in a blowout)
Shaw still around 400 yards
-that's 3000 yards rushing, which is a lot.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #13
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfan2001 View Post
I'm anxious to see all of them in action if our O-line is as strong as they're being talked up. What's the word on David Williams? I haven't heard much mentioned about him so I assume he's headed for a redshirt barring multiple injuries. I think Davis will end up with the most yards and Wilds doing a good job too. Hopefully Carson will stay healthy and be able to do some things too.

Didn't want to start a new thread..but listen to Coach Elliott speak on our OL. That's the most upbeat I've heard one of our coaches talk about our OL ever. I'm excited about our running game this year

Coach Elliott http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/allaccess/?media=397364
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #14
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Not sure, but I bet we are overlooking all of them.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Davis...but

....Don't forget about Kendrick Salley. He'll make his presence felt, this year. Williston-Elko Blue Devils reprazent!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
kabercr2
4-Star

Male

kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

David Williams is being overlooked.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default USC RB's - Who Will Have The Biggest Impact In 2013?

Warren Dunn
Old 08-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I think our offensive line will allow us to be explosive against the lower-tier defenses we face this year and effective against the rest. I believe Wilds will be our main spread guy, and if we run mostly spread, I would expect 1000 yards. If we run a good bit of pistol and 2 back (including H back) I think Davis will crack 800. I expect Carson to be in the 600-800 range, also. I think if he starts breaking some long ones in big games, he might get a lot of carries and top 900. I hope Shaw's carries are limited to 4 or 5 a game this year. If the holes are there, he won't need to keep on the read plays. Don't be surprised to see one of our backs over 500 yards receiving if teams have to pull up to stop the run. Salley should get some carries and catches as well. The RB likely to get the most snaps will likely be the one who blocks best in pass protection.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #19
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Brandon Wilds is the better blocker so I could see him getting the start, and more carries. I think he should too. But I've stated my case on that in all 15 of the RB's threads we've had.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #20
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
Mike Davis or Brandon Wilds. Carson is irrelevant
I think Carson will make significant plays this year. Obviously we'll find out over the next couple of months. I don't have their 40 times in front of me, but from what I say at practice - Carson is faster, if only laterally than both.

I thought to myself 'we gotta him some dump off's to him with 5 yards of space in front of him, he'll be scary' - and I heard a coach echo that a few days ago, something along the lines of 'Carson's real good out of the back field, he'll get some opportunities'.

Don't get me wrong, he'll be 3rd on the depth chart - I just think he'll produce more than other 3rd on the depth chart RB's in the SEC.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote