CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
garnet_black215
ccured
18IsTheMan
IBleedGarnetandBlack
NinjaSven
cockyguitar
Badazcock
b381l
Cocks N Stuff
Heck of an atmospher (1214)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1129)
Priority #1: Teach T (1069)
Step back from the l (1039)
Taylor Swift has a m (901)
My Observations Abou (861)
My outside view (800)
How far do we fall.. (467)
Shon Carson at KR (424)
More NCAA Stupidity: (389)
ECU is coming into your h
Michael Sam cut by Rams
Connor Shaw Browns
Who else wants to see Con
Kelcy and Victor Hampton
My Observations About USC
Confused fan here. Why i
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.
Play for next year
CockyTalk Football Pickem

Old 08-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Carolinafan8908
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talons
Default If we beat Georgia....

I have a simple question, If we beat Georgia, which we all know is a monster game in week 2, what's the odds we run the table and go to the SEC Championship game 12-0?

Carolinafan8908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: If we beat Georgia....

/face palm

There have been so many of these threads already.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

50/50

We'll either do it, or we won't
Old 08-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

It's possible. That's why you play the game.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Has anyone ever beaten Georgia 4 times in a row?
Whether cLIMPson beats them, or not, we should hope that cLIMPson plays them VERY physical, so that they'll be sore when we play them.
It's a huge task, at their barn, in the afternoon, and we don't have Marcus anymore, so really the odds are against us, especially if Georgia beats cLIMPson in the first week.
We need to win, because I don't think Georgia is going to lose 2 games and give us the East, like we've been giving them the East the last 2 years.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Whether cLIMPson beats them, or not, we should hope that cLIMPson plays them VERY physical, so that they'll be sore when we play them.
It's a huge task, at their barn, in the afternoon, and we don't have Marcus anymore, so really the odds are against us, especially if Georgia beats cLIMPson in the first week.
We need to win, because I don't think Georgia is going to lose 2 games and give us the East, like we've been giving them the East the last 2 years.
If we lose only 1 game, we would win the division since we would own the tie break. But if we lose two (eg 2011,12) and they don't lose anymore, they'll be in Atlanta
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
We haven't but UF beat UGA from 1990-1996 and then again from 1998-2003.
garnet_black215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
We haven't but UF beat UGA from 1990-1996 and then again from 1998-2003.
Thanks!
Old 08-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
If we lose only 1 game, we would win the division since we would own the tie break. But if we lose two (eg 2011,12) and they don't lose anymore, they'll be in Atlanta
I'm talking about if we lose to Georgia.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I think we slip up somewhere. 11-1 if we beat UGA, 10-2 if we don't.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I worry more about UNC right now.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

UGA got whipped by us last year and still went to Atlanta. If we lose to UGA in Athens week 2, It'll be more embarrassing if Clemson beat them and we didn't. It won't be the end of the season if we didn't.

As for the odds. Hmm. no telling at his point. I say the guys worry about getting healthy and beating the snot out of UNC and shutting up Larry Fedora.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #13
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I think we slip up somewhere. 11-1 if we beat UGA, 10-2 if we don't.
My thoughts too. I hope they're wrong, but it's an inevitable thought as a Gamecock fan. I really hope it's wrong because if we go 10-2 in 3 straight seasons, while it would be the best stretch in Carolina Football history, we are at risk of being "stuck" - or "unable to win/get to the big games."

Georgia has this problem recently. They've been one of the best teams in the Nation as well recently (aside from that one year they lose to UCF in their bowl game). They just can't win the SEC and can't get to a BCS game. They're "stuck".
Old 08-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #14
usc51
Household Name

Male

usc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPit

I like our chances better of beating Georgia than of going 3-0 on that 3 game road trip in October.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Can we focus all of our attention on beating UNC right now? We don't want to lose focus as a fan base
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #16
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
Can we focus all of our attention on beating UNC right now? We don't want to lose focus as a fan base
I hope this is sarcasm...I hate when people say this like where the fans put their attention matters.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #17
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

stay FOCUS !!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #18
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I think the odds are pretty low we run the table if we beat UGA and UNC to start the season. I think we are plenty talented, but the odds are already against you going undefeated just because of how difficult it is. On top of that the pressure that builds after each win, how young our team is, I just can't see it happening. I HOPE i'm wrong though.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
I think the odds are pretty low we run the table if we beat UGA and UNC to start the season. I think we are plenty talented, but the odds are already against you going undefeated just because of how difficult it is. On top of that the pressure that builds after each win, how young our team is, I just can't see it happening. I HOPE i'm wrong though.
Agree...less than 1% of teams since 2000 have gone undefeated.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #20
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

The way we're practicing right now, if we beat Georgia, i'll be shocked.