CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Other Gamecock Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
eaglegolf018
SAETerrier
gamecock88
uscgmck
GamecockInHell
HelleraisingCock
3MTA3
Latti
JerseyBird
Larenz Bryant update (1125)
Hillsborough (584)
Joeckel Transfering (577)
UK's Whitlow to tran (540)
2016 - Greg Little (518)
2015 - Chris Clark (505)
Bamberg High School (349)
USC Tartan Unvieled (341)
Its April 15th and i (316)
response from charte (248)
response from charter abo
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Kelcy and Vic questioned
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
14 Dining-Related Taboos
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Jameis Winston's Accuser

Old 08-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1214284
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default Katie Marks Transferring?

I don't know how I missed this. She showed tons of potential and played really well this year. I was hoping we could build our pitching around her for the next few years but if her father is terminally ill then I can totally understand it. I wish all the luck in the world to her and her family.
Marks Transfers from South Carolina, Receives Eligibility Waiver

Quote:
COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Sophomore pitcher Katie Marks will join the Texas A&M softball team this fall after transferring from South Carolina, Head Coach Jo Evans announced today.
The Katy, Texas, native received a hardship waiver from the Southeastern Conference, allowing her to be eligible immediately this fall. Marks’ father was diagnosed with a terminal illness in June, prompting the waiver.
“Katie Marks will be a great addition to our program and pitching staff,” Evans said. “I have known Katie and followed her progress for many years and I am impressed with her tenacity and determination. Katie did a nice job in her freshman year at South Carolina and had proven success against some of the best hitters in the country. Her year of competition in the SEC will make the transition to A&M that much easier.
“I am certainly mindful of the circumstances that bring Katie to Texas A&M, and our thoughts and prayers continue to be with her father, Alan, and their entire family. Katie comes from a family of Aggies, so she will fit right in with us and I expect Katie to be an integral part of our success.”
Marks is a 2012 graduate of Katy High School, where she played ball with Aggie senior shortstop Taran Tyler. The right-handed pitcher spent her freshman year at South Carolina, where she took SEC Freshman of the Week honors and was selected to the SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll. Marks drew 11 starts in the circle and made 28 appearances throughout her rookie season, recording an 8-8 record with three saves and a 3.69 ERA.
Marks and the Aggie softball team will begin preparation for the 2014 season this fall with eight exhibition games and the annual Maroon & White Series. Texas A&M and Blinn College face off in the first doubleheader of the exhibition season at the Aggie Softball Complex on Oct. 30. For a full schedule and to learn more about Texas A&M softball, log on to AggieAthletics.com and follow @AggieSoftball on Twitter.
http://www.aggieathletics.com/ViewAr...CLID=209078582
Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1214284
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Katie Marks Transferring?

Damn apparently her father passed away. Condolences to her and her family.
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...932&forum_id=8
Old 08-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudly

Wow. That's a stunner . Just viewing it from a softball standpoint , Coach Smith can't catch a break when it comes to pitchers . I wish Katie well though and hope she can deal with this and continue to develop .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
WayzUp
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1200
WayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPit
Send a message via Yahoo to WayzUp

Isn't Katy, TX where that punter/kicker who committed to us, got yelled at by our Special Teams Coach, got homesick and transferred out was from?

Think his name was Ryan Doerr or something like that.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107378315064
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Well that hurts
Old 08-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

That's awful. Prayers sent to the Marks family.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #7
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Hate it for her cause I lost my Dad a couple of months ago. We have pitchers coming in though. I don't mean this to sound insensitive at all cause my Dad passed away recently but if she pitches against us, we should know her tendencies. My condolences to her family.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Hate it for her cause I lost my Dad a couple of months ago. We have pitchers coming in though. I don't mean this to sound insensitive at all cause my Dad passed away recently but if she pitches against us, we should know her tendencies. My condolences to her family.
"Pitchers" coming in ? Plural ? USC has released the names of 7 freshmen, with Nikki Blue the only pitcher so far . I'm kinda hoping for a juco transfer pitcher , or a transfer from a 4 year school that can play right away . Have you heard any names ?
We have two returning pitchers - Julie Sarratt & Lakyn Shull . I'd hate to have to make it through the season with only three total . One gets injured and then you're really overworking the other two .
Assistant coach Lisa Navas had a tweet the other day with a pic of 8 newcomers . I only recognized six of them . Hope at least one of those other two is a pitcher .
Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #9
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Where's Howser?
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
Where's Howser?
Not on the roster . Don't know if she is playing anywhere else or not .
Old 08-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #11
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Katie, girl, we hardly knew ye, but we understand & wish you well(except when you play us). Hope you don't mind if we send up a smoke signal for you and your fam.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:03 AM   #12
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Sorry for your loss Katie
Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #13
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
"Pitchers" coming in ? Plural ? USC has released the names of 7 freshmen, with Nikki Blue the only pitcher so far . I'm kinda hoping for a juco transfer pitcher , or a transfer from a 4 year school that can play right away . Have you heard any names ?
We have two returning pitchers - Julie Sarratt & Lakyn Shull . I'd hate to have to make it through the season with only three total . One gets injured and then you're really overworking the other two .
Assistant coach Lisa Navas had a tweet the other day with a pic of 8 newcomers . I only recognized six of them . Hope at least one of those other two is a pitcher .
When I said coming in I included returning as well. Shoulda said returning as well. Blue is who I was referring to.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #14
socartex
4-Star

Male

socartex has feathers coming insocartex has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayzUp View Post
Isn't Katy, TX where that punter/kicker who committed to us, got yelled at by our Special Teams Coach, got homesick and transferred out was from?

Think his name was Ryan Doerr or something like that.
Katy is a western suburb of Houston. Katy football and softball (and other sports) produce some great talent. There is good 18u gold ASA softball program in Katy (or used to be when I tracked the sport). Katy football has been a state power for several years now.
socartex is offline   Reply With Quote