CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
garnet_black215
CockyRyan
Master Bedroom
Gamecocks1137
MWard
Spurticus
GamecockSuperFan
B-G
Regalcock
Clemson Recruiting.. (3755)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1638)
Ranking the Opposing (1539)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1424)
Not a Rival.. (1127)
Gamecock Coaches as (995)
NCAA Football 15 (622)
Hello Gamecocks! (591)
Marching band (511)
John Rocker at rock (508)
2015 - Zack Bailey
2015 - Mon Denson
SEC Recruiting Advantage
Clemson Recruiting...how
John Rocker at rock botto
Green and Lammons
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
NCAA Football 15

Old 08-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

CockyCash: 500
ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material
Default Theater set up to look like video board

Ok, I guess this is where this goes. If not, mods please move. I am installing a projector and fixed frame screen. I want to make the area around it look like the video board inside the stadium. Mainly, the columns on the side, the clock set up below, and flashing led lights that act like an equalizer to sandstorm when I play it. If anyone has any ideas, please pm me. My walls are massive and I am installing a 135 inch screen. It would be good to dress it up! Also, I want to buy pictures of Williams Brice through the years and I can't go to Safran because he refuses to sell the pictures any way except how he has them in his frames. Something about he doesn't want anyone to copy them? Like they can't be removed from the frame. Whatever. Any info on this would be good. I'm going to contact the state paper and the gamecock club to see if they have anything. Thanks for the help guys

Are you ready for the revolution?
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6
Default Re: Theater set up to look like video board

Sounds sick. I'll be looking forward to the pics.

Class of 2013
12+4=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material

Also looking for info on how to make it as close to scale as possible. I know I could just get a picture put on that transferable vinyl sticker, but I think making panels would look better. My brain doesn't grasp how to make something to scale. Human anatomy? Sure, I get that but when something says its 1:25 scale, I just go blank. Lol. I'm hoping to have this thing done in the next two months. Really looking forward to any ideas and input.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

The USC Archives should have pictures of the stadium through the years that can be copied. Call the Caroliniana library and see what is available. http://library.sc.edu/socar/

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
The USC Archives should have pictures of the stadium through the years that can be copied. Call the Caroliniana library and see what is available. http://library.sc.edu/socar/
Thanks Diesel! Much appreciated! I want to get them put on those big pieces of vinyl that have the metal bolts in each of the corners. Then I want to get older pictures from Carolina history and do the same. My walls are 20 foot tall so I have plenty of room. I'm also doing a "Hall of Carolina Greats" where I'm putting up (hopefully) tons of 8x10s of great players with their autographs. I'm trying to get ahold of any game worn jerseys that I can now so I can put them on the other side of the hall in frames. My whole condo is going to be redone with Gamecock memorabilia I've collected over the years. If Safran would cooperate, then I'd have even more. He's just so proud of everything he has, and to some extent I don't blame him. I don't mind spending money but I'd have to stop paying my mortgage to be able to purchase some of the things he has.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCOCKulous View Post
Also looking for info on how to make it as close to scale as possible. I know I could just get a picture put on that transferable vinyl sticker, but I think making panels would look better. My brain doesn't grasp how to make something to scale. Human anatomy? Sure, I get that but when something says its 1:25 scale, I just go blank. Lol. I'm hoping to have this thing done in the next two months. Really looking forward to any ideas and input.
As far as scale if you are using 1:25. Whatever the total number of the real artifact is, you would have to divide that by 25 (or multiply by 1/25) to get the size your scaled down item would be. If the real video board was 125 feet long, then your video board in your house would need to be 5 feet long. (125 divided by 25).

Unofficial size shows that our board is 124 feet by 36 feet. 124 divided by 25 comes out to 4.96 feet or 4 feet, and 11 1/2 inches (google is great for that).

I think it's going to be hard to make a scaled version on a normal house wall. If you were able to make the length 8 feet, that would only make the height around 2 feet 3 1/2 inches. It's basic math but gets very tough when trying to do every little part of the board to scale.

Good luck though. I hope you figure something out and look forward to seeing pics on it.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #7
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks Diesel! Much appreciated! I want to get them put on those big pieces of vinyl that have the metal bolts in each of the corners. Then I want to get older pictures from Carolina history and do the same. My walls are 20 foot tall so I have plenty of room. I'm also doing a "Hall of Carolina Greats" where I'm putting up (hopefully) tons of 8x10s of great players with their autographs. I'm trying to get ahold of any game worn jerseys that I can now so I can put them on the other side of the hall in frames. My whole condo is going to be redone with Gamecock memorabilia I've collected over the years. If Safran would cooperate, then I'd have even more. He's just so proud of everything he has, and to some extent I don't blame him. I don't mind spending money but I'd have to stop paying my mortgage to be able to purchase some of the things he has.

That's a big wall, but it's more of a length problem. A 20 foot tall video board would make your length almost 69 feet.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

You should add the green strip/stripe LOL
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

Here are some old pics

Old 08-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I wouldn't think it'd be TOOOOOOO hard to do. I don't know if I read it correctly, but sounds like you want to make it "real" and not just a sticker on the wall.

If I was you, I would build the surrounding area to be functioning. The sides/bottom could all be cabinets with the push/pop open doors so there wouldn't be any handles. The "glass" area I'm not sure what time of material you could use for that, but then just install LED lights to on the side to pulse to the music (that's really not that hard to find/do)

It's got a lot of edges/cuts/corners/pieces, but it's actually a fairly simply design I would think.

If this was paid by state funds, you should be able to find the actual rederings. I THINK it was paid strickly from boosters though, and if so, it might not be found. You could probably wing it by taking the size of the screen (36x123ft)

This is an amazing idea. If I had the space, I would definitely be copying you.

This is the best straight on picture I could find ... if you wanted to throw in CockyTalk shits and giggles ... you'd have to include the green stripe

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:

If it's 1:25 scale, that means you're doing something in 1 inch of what is really 25 inches. Or 1 foot for what is really 25 feet.

It's great if you're doing buildings, cars, video boards to scale. It's horrible if you're doing ... your manhood to 1:25 scale

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #12
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
If it's 1:25 scale, that means you're doing something in 1 inch of what is really 25 inches. Or 1 foot for what is really 25 feet.

It's great if you're doing buildings, cars, video boards to scale. It's horrible if you're doing ... your manhood to 1:25 scale
Old 08-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #13
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If I was you, I would build the surrounding area to be functioning. The sides/bottom could all be cabinets with the push/pop open doors so there wouldn't be any handles. The "glass" area I'm not sure what time of material you could use for that, but then just install LED lights to on the side to pulse to the music (that's really not that hard to find/do)
Here's a cool idea: A ticker below the video board, in place of the scoreboard.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Just make sure you put the green strip in there

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
That's a big wall, but it's more of a length problem. A 20 foot tall video board would make your length almost 69 feet.
I was just using 1:25 because it was the first number that came to my head. Lol. The screen will be about 10 feet by about 6 feet. I thought about making the thing from cabinets, as was mentioned, and just adding what pieces I need to make it look close. It doesn't have to be exact. Just want it to be cool as hell! As far as the green stripe/strip, I may build the thing and leave a green stripe/strip for the first pics. Then I'll paint it properly haha. Gotta show love to the Cockytalk boards or all of that fun we had.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

Quote:

This literally has me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off. It reminds me of a line from a movie or tv show that doesn't come to mind right now. Guy drops his pants and the girl says, "awwww. It's just like a real penis, only tiny."

Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
Here's a cool idea: A ticker below the video board, in place of the scoreboard.
Maybe. Hooked to my PC and running the ESPN ticker. That might be something there.