CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
thekob
USCNowAndForever
COCKYTALKIN
MountainCock
gamecockgal
Gamecocks1137
Interesting quotes f (2339)
Have you ever been s (1407)
Key for 2015 defense (886)
Tennessee Offense Br (883)
Skai Moore out for U (669)
Women's Team Ranked (571)
This season and recr (478)
Lebron makes Clevela (425)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (283)
Troubles in Tigertow (214)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Chances we win out now?
Skai Moore out for UT
Anyone have a recipe I ca
Lebron makes Cleveland re
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Interesting quotes from D

Old 08-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Hartline: Swearinger's Hit on Keller "Crap"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...-dustin-keller

Thoughts?

edit - Cris Carter sounds like the most level-headed
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Hartline: Swearinger's Hit on Keller "Crap"

He's a whiner. This is tackle football, not two-hand touch. And I am a Dolphin fan.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
ThisMr X
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...-dustin-keller

Thoughts?

edit - Cris Carter sounds like the most level-headed
Legal hit, everyone is a crybaby. Injuries happen.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Hartline went to o$u, what did you expect? Legal hit, and because of the new rules you will see more of this
Old 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
mmcox98
benchwarmer

Male

CockyCash: 420
mmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to mmcox98

I bet the NFL does a "strike zone" where you have to hit someone from the shoulders to just right above the knee.
mmcox98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
bgallup
Blue Chip

Male

2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 2nd place 
CockyCash: 6230
bgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPit
Send a message via Yahoo to bgallup

They said he did everything the rules say he should do! There problem is with the rule and not the play!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcox98 View Post
I bet the NFL does a "strike zone" where you have to hit someone from the shoulders to just right above the knee.
But if you don't lift your head then you'll get called for leading with helmet.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Swearinger was just trying to make a tackle. You could tell he regretted that injury was caused. I'm sure it's not his plan to go out and make a name by injuring veteran NFL players with low hits. He was just trying to make a tackle - the TE just happened to be pivoting on that knee with all his weight at the time.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yep, a tackling zone. Below the neck and above the knees, probably? I dunno. It sounded like some of the guys in the video on the link I posted were thinking the same thing about some sort of "zone"
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Rule stinks, and I heard a lot of retired receivers say that this is exactly what would happen with the new rule.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #11
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Yep, a tackling zone. Below the neck and above the knees, probably? I dunno. It sounded like some of the guys in the video on the link I posted were thinking the same thing about some sort of "zone"

I know it's not against the rules but targeting the knees has always been considered out of bounds in the NFL. I didn't like the hit anymore than the hit that took out Lattimore. That stuff has a way of coming back around.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #12
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
Swearinger was just trying to make a tackle. You could tell he regretted that injury was caused. I'm sure it's not his plan to go out and make a name by injuring veteran NFL players with low hits. He was just trying to make a tackle - the TE just happened to be pivoting on that knee with all his weight at the time.
It really was the perfect storm for a bad injury.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #13
USAFGAMECOCK
F'n A

Male

CockyCash: 22000400
USAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot material

Being pissed is fine, especially since it happened to his teammate. But if you're going to call DJ out publicly, at least have a legit reason why you think it's "crap".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
It's crap," Hartline said. "I think that, me personally, if you're sitting there telling me 'I'm worried about going high and for the head' [and] you consciously went low, then [that] is what you're trying to tell me.
Yep, that's pretty much what he's saying, Captain. Next topic, I think those nets behind the goal posts only go up during field goal/extra point attempts to keep footballs from going in the stands and that's CRAP if that's what you're telling me or something. Discuss.

USAFGAMECOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #14
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Yea, he's saying he went low because he's afraid to go high, you got it Hartline! Must have been too frustrated to think. Does suck for Dolphins fans though.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #15
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

The hit was legal, dudes foot just stuck in the ground alot like marcus' was. A DB is going to go low on a tight end every time. It happens 20 times a game, every once in a while its going to happen.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #16
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

C Carter arguing in support of him doesn't help.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #17
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Just wait for the next injury so we can stop talking about this one. It was a football play with no clear intention of causing injury. It happened, he said he felt bad and wished him good luck on the recovery.

What did they want him to day? Say sorry for tackling him?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #18
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Ditka!
Harry Tuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
That would suck. Might as well go all the way to two hand touch if you can't tackle legs.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #20
jseal777
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
jseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his comb

WHO CARES?!!! WHO CARES?!??
jseal777 is offline   Reply With Quote