CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
kingofnerf
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
KaneisAble
uscgamecocks88
Fight, win, kick a-- (1102)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (923)
CFN prediction for a (871)
The Gator Bowl wants (847)
Why I'm hopeful abou (813)
USC will upset Aubur (710)
A simple defensive l (677)
What happened to thi (646)
Ranking Top HC jobs (467)
In-state QB talent (443)
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Holiday desserts
The Gator Bowl wants us!
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Why is everyone anticipat
Cann tipping plays?
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Thoughts on the basketbal

Old 08-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Game day dinner- not at game

So- who's doing what before or during the game Thursday week? With a 6pm KO, I may wait to half time to eat. Maybe cook some ribs during the day, have some slaw etc. so that I don't have to do anything; just take it in front of the set. I already feel a cold coming on, cough, hack, sniffle.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Game day dinner- not at game

Youre plan is better than mine, I dont get off until like 430 or 5 so im going to be busting it to get there....maybe Fatboys on the way. I dont know why but ive always had a thing for Fatboy's.

Last edited by Kickerspl80; 08-20-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: HAHA just realized what that sounded like
Kickerspl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 500
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

I teach, so I won't be ale to really crank up and cook until about 4:00. However, I plan on doing steak/ribs, baked potatoes on the grill, and baked beans. I don't plan on getting any sleep the night before due to excitement.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I get home right at 6. So I'm taking the easy out and getting 5 guys with fries. cheap beer goes good with that too. OH BABY.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

I like to do more heavy hors d'oeuvres rather than a meal for game watching. I've got a few things on the list for next week, most of which I'll do the preparation for the night before and throw into the oven as soon as I get home.

I'm probably going to make a few of the following:

Ham/Swiss/Poppy-Seed Sandwiches
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Potato Skins
Pigs in a Blanket
Mexican (sausage and Velveeta) dip
Vegetable Tray (who cares about veggies anyway)

Needless to say, I'm so damn pumped about this year kicking off, I can barely contain it!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
WoodCocky
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 455
WoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCocks09CSOL View Post
I like to do more heavy hors d'oeuvres rather than a meal for game watching. I've got a few things on the list for next week, most of which I'll do the preparation for the night before and throw into the oven as soon as I get home.

I'm probably going to make a few of the following:

Ham/Swiss/Poppy-Seed Sandwiches
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Potato Skins
Pigs in a Blanket
Mexican (sausage and Velveeta) dip
Vegetable Tray (who cares about veggies anyway)

Needless to say, I'm so damn pumped about this year kicking off, I can barely contain it!
I love that Buffalo Chicken Dip. Gotta get the wife to make it for the game. We will probably grill some pizza's and wings for the game with Chips and Cheese from our local Mexican Restaurant and maybe a few more hors d'oeuvres that our guest make to bring over. Good or bad I can't wait!!! GO COCKS!!!
WoodCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

Bought the ribs today, brine Friday, rub Saturday and smoke Sunday, then close them p tight until Thursday.
can't wait.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Took off work Thursday just to 'tailgate' at the house all day. The menu will include:

Baby back ribs
Boston butt
Venison roast
Various hors d'oeuvres
Cocktails all day long

Probably should take off Friday as well.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #9
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodCocky View Post
I love that Buffalo Chicken Dip. Gotta get the wife to make it for the game. We will probably grill some pizza's and wings for the game with Chips and Cheese from our local Mexican Restaurant and maybe a few more hors d'oeuvres that our guest make to bring over. Good or bad I can't wait!!! GO COCKS!!!
That buffalo chicken dip and the velveeta stuff are addictive! You forget how much you've had when you're snacking during a game, haha. Sometimes I have to watch it.

I love trying to do what I can on the grill, especially pizza. I've had some great results with different kinds of pizzas. I can't get into the grilled wings as much. They just aren't crispy enough for me. Maybe you have a technique you could share. If I do wings, I usually do an oven "fry". I coat them in a very thin layer of flour, just after a rinse in some water. No eggwash or anything, just so there's a thin layer. About 25 minutes per side in a 350 oven and they're crispy without the deep fry.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
Cocktails all day long

Probably should take off Friday as well.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Lots of times I am here with the Orlando alumni association for the game: http://www.myfriendlyconfines.com/Fr...WinterPark.php

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Pulled pork sammiches with slaw & my special baked beans baby.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #13
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I already have friday off to make for a long labor day weekend. I'll probably leave work early to get a head start on the pre-game. Have not decided on food. I should be a mess on cockychat by kickoff.