CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockFighter
rabid cock
SMOTFS86
The Yancey
gocockswyn
bobbycock
Flameout12
ccured
kingoftheroost
Spurticus
**USC vs. Coker GAME (2621)
Bruce!!! (1504)
2014 Subway Classic: (1304)
aTm demolishes Kyle (402)
Cocky at the Duck Co (398)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (286)
movers, furniture do (220)
Deer Hunting 2014 (212)
Streaming nfl games (186)
Happy Winter Solstic (169)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Bruce!!!
So, why is next year goin
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
2015 Commitment - Quandes
Cocky at the Duck Command
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 08-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Slow ass Jolene

Most people are familiar with the original "jolene" by Dolly Parton. This is cool. Dolly Parton’s original recording of “Jolene” slowed down by 25% is surprisingly awesome. “Jolene” has been covered numerous times, but despite how it sounds, this is not a cover by a pretty-sounding dude. It’s a 45 rpm record of Dolly singing that has been slowed to 33 rpm.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Slow ass Jolene

I've heard a bunch of covers too but oddly enough, Miley Cyrus' is one of my favorites. She's actually Dolly Parton's goddaughter.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

CockyCash: 500
Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I've heard a bunch of covers too but oddly enough, Miley Cyrus' is one of my favorites. She's actually Dolly Parton's goddaughter.
My wife showed me that—you talking about where she's recording with the band in the woods? I was surprised—wasn't bad at all.
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashies_AC30 View Post
My wife showed me that—you talking about where she's recording with the band in the woods? I was surprised—wasn't bad at all.
Yep, that one!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material

In contrast, take Bruce Springsteen and speed it up and he sounds a bit like Dolly...

Old 08-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

Not a big Miley fan but for those interested
Old 08-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Screw Miley's dumb ass.

That slowed down version of Jolene is genius.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Screw Miley's dumb ass.
If you can get that first then the triple delight in one night isn't out of the question.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

The White Stripes have a live version of this tune that flat kicks A$$!

If someone can embed that it be awesome! I would but I'm on the road for work the next 2 days and won't be able to. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
If you can get that first then the triple delight in one night isn't out of the question.
I can't imagine it would be that hard.

Kind of like ordering a milk shake or asking her if she likes butterflies.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
The White Stripes have a live version of this tune that flat kicks A$$!

If someone can embed that it be awesome! I would but I'm on the road for work the next 2 days and won't be able to. Thanks!
there is a couple different live versions floating around on youtube but I am partial to this one. He kills intro its so emotional

this version is killerf. fan interaction is great
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #12
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Most people are familiar with the original "jolene" by Dolly Parton. This is cool. Dolly Parton’s original recording of “Jolene” slowed down by 25% is surprisingly awesome. “Jolene” has been covered numerous times, but despite how it sounds, this is not a cover by a pretty-sounding dude. It’s a 45 rpm record of Dolly singing that has been slowed to 33 rpm.

Roy Orbison?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #13
CockySpaniel
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1918547116
CockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot material

The covers are technically good. But they lack heart.
The stripes at least understand the emotion in the song.
Miley is a silly girl parroting the words and sound without understanding.
I helped my Uncle jack off his horse...
CockySpaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Roy Orbison?
Nope, that is Dolly. Just slowed down.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #15
CockySpaniel
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1918547116
CockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot material

Mileys' lacks heart. The stripes version tries to convey emotion, but doesn't succeed anywhere near to Dolly.
What Dolly can do with even as simple a song as "Butterfly" is breathtaking.
I helped my Uncle jack off his horse...
CockySpaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #16
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Not gonna lie, the slowed down version creeps me out.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #17
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

I would do unspeakable things to Meg White.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
Dietz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

that's freakin' brilliant, amazing what -12rpms will do, plus one on the White Stripe's cover and nasty things to Meg White!!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Dolly Parton sounds like Neil Young.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #20
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Slow ass Jolene

That is not a slowed down version of the original. Someone is ****ing with you.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote