CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
ertman420
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1335)
ESPN article on Clow (1029)
Clemson Georgia Game (812)
Mangus now coaching (552)
Can Tennessee get to (400)
Chick Redefines the (268)
Spread vs. aTm (227)
Truly Inspiring (210)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (197)
The Bama series (196)
Mangus now coaching TEs
The Bama series
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Taj Griffin
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Playstation 4
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It

Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
zthornto
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
zthornto has hatched from the shell
Default SC v UGA Parking/Tailgating

I just got my tickets to the game in Athens. I have never been there and am obviously looking forward to it.

I've heard (and seen here in SC) that the UGA fans can just be awful. Is there any place in particular where the SC fans are planning to park or have parked in the past?

I've heard parking is kind of an adventure due to the location of the stadium.

4:30 PM is a perfect start time. I'd like to find a nice place to park and tailgate that is not going to have me being hounded by UGA fans the whole time. Or maybe this thread can be used to setup a lot where the SC fans plan to congregate.

Any advice on the scene in Athens would be appreciated.
zthornto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: SC v UGA Parking/Tailgating

Park where you can. The rest is a pipe dream.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
cockycam
Cocky Cam's Gameday Crew

Male

CockyCash: 452
cockycam is sharpening his clawscockycam is sharpening his clawscockycam is sharpening his clawscockycam is sharpening his claws

Been once. Won't go back. The only fingers the fans have on their hands are the middle one, and thats driving through campus at 9am in the morning. Remove your flags, magnets, etc unless you are looking for a new paint job. Baxter Street has some parking. Not too far of a walk. Good luck!
cockycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
SimpleGamecock
Recruit

Male

SimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Have been twice and the place I continually hear has the best tailgate is North Campus. I also have been through their quads and that seemed like a good scene. As for parking not too much to add just keep your eyes open and don't be afraid to park at the first location. Last time I parked behind a church near DT and that worked well.
SimpleGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
granicock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 448
granicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthornto View Post
I just got my tickets to the game in Athens. I have never been there and am obviously looking forward to it.

I've heard (and seen here in SC) that the UGA fans can just be awful. Is there any place in particular where the SC fans are planning to park or have parked in the past?

I've heard parking is kind of an adventure due to the location of the stadium.

4:30 PM is a perfect start time. I'd like to find a nice place to park and tailgate that is not going to have me being hounded by UGA fans the whole time. Or maybe this thread can be used to setup a lot where the SC fans plan to congregate.

Any advice on the scene in Athens would be appreciated.
The last couple of times I been to Athens, we have parked in a vacant lot on Mitchell Street for $50. There has been a good bit of Gamecocks parking there. There is plenty of shade provided by the large trees on the lot. It is an easy walk to the stadium (just follow the railroad tracks).

Go to Google Maps and search for 156 Mitchell Street, Athens, GA. There are student apartments across the street.

Also, after the game it is a lot easier to get out on that side of town.
granicock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
kokocock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
kokocock has feathers coming inkokocock has feathers coming in

Do not step on the street or sidewalk with a beer...you will get a ticket.
kokocock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
SuperCockMaster
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

I went to UGA. All the biggest tailgates are on North Campus near the library. This will be filled with drunk UGA fans, so I would avoid it. Most away teams tailgate in the parking lots around the outskirts campus. There is a parking lot off of Oconee St where I saw lots of tailgaters from opposing teams. There are also a few places you can pay to tailgate.

Most UGA fans are a bunch of dumb rednecks, so expect altercations and crap talking to occur. If we beat the crap out of them like last season GTFO of Athens as fast as possible. When Bama put the hurt on them in 2008, I saw many UGA fans jump Bama fans . It's not often that happens, but they were preseason number one and got dominated at home. Given how delusional they are about their chances this season, a similar beatdown by us on their home turf would result in an unfavorable outcome for any Cocks fans in Athens. Also, travel in large groups if possible to prevent any type of altercations. Two cocks fans are easier targets than 10 walking as a group.

That being said, I am jealous you have tickets. GO COCKS!

If you have any questions just ask. Also, try and get their super early to get a good parking space. Athens has some of the worst parking I've ever seen.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
zthornto
Walk On

Male

zthornto has hatched from the shell

Thanks for all the feedback. It is appreciated. Sounds like parking easy of the stadium is the best choice.

Part of my idea of starting this thread was to see if there were others that are going to the game. As I stated before I was looking for some other SC fans for my wife snd I to tailgate with.
zthornto is offline   Reply With Quote